Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 8:20 AM
Default Room is always dirty!
Hi

I don't know if it's just my game or if it's a glitch, but since I installed gen. my sims always complain about the room being dirty; I mean... ALWAYS, all the time. It doesn't matter if they are in a room with no furniture, if they are outdoors... anywhere, it's never clean enough for them and they complain about it.

I have already checked: no garbage lying around, no spoiled food in their inventories, no clothing on the floor... nothing. It's becoming really annoying having to look at them pretending they're gonna puke and even interrupting or delaying interactions to do so.

Has anyone elese experienced this?

Thanks for stopping by!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 9:25 AM
I had the same problem. But it has gone since I installed the new Aewsomemod
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 12:36 PM
Same here, but it vanished once I removed all the mods.
I'd go out on a limb and guess that it's due to an outdated mod.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonha
I had the same problem. But it has gone since I installed the new Aewsomemod

There is a new release of AwesomeMod within the last 2 days?

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 2:37 PM
There was a bug in Late Night which meant that 'dirty surroundings' moodlets stayed, even when there was nothing around. But I think a lot of other players also had invisible trash piles hidden on the property. Ctrl+clicking moodlets gets rid of them, though you might need testingcheatsenabled on.

Awesomemod is constantly being updated, that's why Pes sticks an expiration date on it when you install: so that you're always reasonably up to date.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 3:02 PM
Yeah, I had this problem after I installed Late Night in January. And it wasn't just in Bridgeport, as I found that town so darn glitchy that half the time I didn't play in it. And it was before I had mods in my game so I think it was problem with one of the patches itself. I haven't had it happen in a while though. Out of curiousity, was there a fire recently in the specific room they get the moodlet in? My sims were getting it earlier after a fire and it turned out their flowers had gotten singed. Replacing them fixed the issue. Try replacing everything in the room to see if that helps.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 5:16 PM Last edited by tomomi1922 : 11th Jun 2011 at 6:11 PM.
"Dirty environment" has yet to annoy me. What does it for me is the Dirty sock moodlet staying around that makes sims walking around with the green fume even their hygiene bar is already full. Some said it already happened before Generations but for me this only starts to happen after this EP, and showering doesn't even get rid of the moodlet. For now, Ctrl Click is fine, until other non active sims walking around with the green fume too, then there is a bit more steps to get rid of the fume.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 3:47 AM
@jonha: The latest update of awesome mode was on dec 3, 2010; they haven't updated for generations yet and there's only an experimental version available which can seriously damage your game. I tried with that and the game doesn't even start. Thanks for your reply.

@Dojan5: I have taken the time to update all the mods I had (and remove the ones that didn't have a generations update yet) and the problem is still there. Now I'm gonna give it a try with claudiasharon's "No more annoying idles!" mod , released 2 or 3 days ago. Because, in addition to that, whenever they are idle, they also jump and clap hands like idiots. I'll tell you how it works for me. Thanks for your reply.

@laceyharkness: about the fire... that's a very good question. There were never fires in my town until I started playing a fireman character. That's when I started having fires all over town (so the man could have a job, of course ). However, I don't see any dead flowers, trees, piles of ashes or anything like that around. But I'm gonna check anyways, specially in those areas where I have a lot of flowers, It's possible that there is some damage that I missed. Thanks for your reply.
Test Subject
#9 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 8:27 AM
Awesomemod was last updated May 20, 2011. If you go to http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/hax/ and look at awesome.zip, it will tell you the last time it was modified. The download page on MATY is only updated when Pescado updates for major things, like patches. Although Pescado constantly updates minor things he doesn't bother updating the thread. Please note that the awesomemod available on the link I gave is NOT the test version of Awesomemod, which is compatible with Generations. The test version can be found elsewhere on MATY.

In my legacy house, my Sims always have the "dirty surroundings" moodlet in the kitchen. I've removed every single object from the kitchen one by one and checked to see what was causing the moodlet, but nothing was causing it. Even once the kitchen was completely empty, my Sims still thought their environment was messy.
Scholar
#10 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 9:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ninfalara
@jonha: The latest update of awesome mode was on dec 3, 2010; they haven't updated for generations yet and there's only an experimental version available which can seriously damage your game. I tried with that and the game doesn't even start. Thanks for your reply.

I was using the latest beta version at that time which is compatible with generations/the latest patch. My game did start fine and I didn't saw any damage, but of course I had made backups as I always do.
Test Subject
#11 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 11:47 AM
One thing that can be worth trying is moving a sim with the neat trait in, clicking on the floor, and selecting 'clean house'. Sometimes dishes can turn invisable for some reason or other.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 1:41 PM
I had the same thing as Laceyharkness happen to one of my lots after a meteor strike, no matter what, the sims constantly said something was dirty. Took me forever until i saw one of the teeny tiny fence lights on the backyard patio was burnt, replaced it and the moodlet went away. But there have been instances where it's not fixable, i had a house where that was happening in the kitchen area, pulled everything out, even knocked down the walls and floors until there was a gaping hole where the kitchen use to be, still dirty. I just ended up moving the sims to a new house and the moodlet went away.
Scholar
#13 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lionessgirl
One thing that can be worth trying is moving a sim with the neat trait in, clicking on the floor, and selecting 'clean house'. Sometimes dishes can turn invisable for some reason or other.

I had tried that and it didn't worked. I even used one of Twallan's mod which apparently had the option to clean a house, but it didn't worked, too.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 6:31 PM
Default Awesomemod
Quote: Originally posted by jweslake
Awesomemod was last updated May 20, 2011. If you go to http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/hax/ and look at awesome.zip, it will tell you the last time it was modified. The download page on MATY is only updated when Pescado updates for major things, like patches. Although Pescado constantly updates minor things he doesn't bother updating the thread. Please note that the awesomemod available on the link I gave is NOT the test version of Awesomemod, which is compatible with Generations. The test version can be found elsewhere on MATY.

In my legacy house, my Sims always have the "dirty surroundings" moodlet in the kitchen. I've removed every single object from the kitchen one by one and checked to see what was causing the moodlet, but nothing was causing it. Even once the kitchen was completely empty, my Sims still thought their environment was messy.

So wait IS awesomemod ready or not?? Because you seem to indicate your using that one version which isnt a test version completely fine with generations but also seem to state that the test version IS compatible with generations, implying that that version isnt.
Test Subject
#15 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 7:15 PM
The same thing happened to me, turns out there was mods/custom contents conflict or problems..not only that it messed with the dirty surrounding moodlet, it also make meteor strikes happen everyday. it was a disaster

so try to remove all your cc/mods, and see if its still happen or not :D
Test Subject
#16 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 8:14 PM
Quote:
So wait IS awesomemod ready or not?? Because you seem to indicate your using that one version which isnt a test version completely fine with generations but also seem to state that the test version IS compatible with generations, implying that that version isnt.

Sorry for the confusion. I am using the test version with my game, which is fully patched. I just wanted to point out that although the Awesomemod download thread has not been updated since December 2010, Awesomemod itself was last updated in May 2011. The Awesomemod available on the download thread is not compatible with the latest patches, though. Like you assumed, the test version IS compatible, but it hasn't been okay'ed by Pescado for general use.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jweslake
Sorry for the confusion. I am using the test version with my game, which is fully patched. I just wanted to point out that although the Awesomemod download thread has not been updated since December 2010, Awesomemod itself was last updated in May 2011. The Awesomemod available on the download thread is not compatible with the latest patches, though. Like you assumed, the test version IS compatible, but it hasn't been okay'ed by Pescado for general use.

What kind of kinks are still being worked out ??? and any idea how long it could take before the final okay?
Test Subject
#18 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by USNCaseySmith
What kind of kinks are still being worked out ??? and any idea how long it could take before the final okay?

I can't answer either of your questions, sorry. I don't know very much about making core mods or anything like that, so I have no idea what kind of things would have to be updated for new patches, expansion packs, etc. As for when it will be ready, I don't think it will be too much longer. Pescado is pretty timely about these things, but he's a perfectionist and never releases anything until he's sure the major bugs are worked out.