Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 5:35 PM
Default How do you extract images? Like thumbnails for traits, etc.
I haven't been having a lot of luck, I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

How do you extract images from the game files? For instance, the thumbnails for the lifetime rewards or moodlets or even favorite foods.

1. I don't know what PACKAGE file these are even located.
2. I don't know a good program to view/export these.

I looked at s3pe, but am not having good results. I can get thumbnails for clothes and objects, but can't find what I'm looking for.

What I'm looking for are the images like on this page http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...ifetime_Rewards

Please help?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 5:40 PM
Well for a start, you can download the pictures on the page in the link you gave us.

You can find video previews of ALL my uploads on my YouTube Channel.
Keep updated, and follow me on Twitter! You´ll get the most recent news and goss when I´m making custom content!
---- Have Fun With My Uploads! ----
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JackJess
Well for a start, you can download the pictures on the page in the link you gave us.

.......well I'm looking for ones that aren't on this page. I'd like to extract images from Generations, which don't exist on the page that I linked. Rather than wait for someone else to do it, I'd like to try.

Thanks.
Eminence Grise
#4 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 9:01 PM Last edited by Srikandi : 12th Jun 2011 at 9:23 PM.
The answer will be S3PE, you just have to look in the right place. I don't know which file that is offhand, but I'm sure the folks over in the Modding Discussion forum could help you :-) It's under the Create menu.
Scholar
#5 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 9:22 PM
S3PE is correct. Most of the basegame icons are from the IMAG type (which are .png images) and are in FullBuild0.package. Icons from EPs are in the package files in the EP folders. As browsing in S3PE is not very comfortable (unless you know the file name) the easiest way is to export all IMAG resources to some folder and then use the windows explorer to find the files you want.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 10:06 PM
Thank you both very much. jonha, thanks for the file name, I'll give this a try