Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 1:41 AM
Default Put families back into CAS?
I have made a family in Sims 3, and placed it in the neighborhood. However, there is still a copy saved in the.. library? part of the game. I was wondering if it is possible to put the family back into CAS and edit it. I am not against using cheats to do so.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 1:52 AM
This only works if you have Generations I think, but: You can move the family into a house, then testingcheatsenabled true, either shift-click or control-click (can never remember) and it should say (again, I think only with Generations), Edit in CAS. Then you can fix them all, go to Edit Town, and re-save family to bin.

Life Stage: Teen Traits: Hopeless Romantic, Computer Whiz, Couch Potato, Shy Partner: Ted
School: High School Career: Writing; Fan Fiction Drafter Miscellaneous: Rich; Scorpio
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 1:54 AM
Okay thanks! I do have generations (just downloaded it about 5 minutes ago actually) so I will have to try that.
EDIT: Whoops. What do I shift-click on? The sim themself?
Test Subject
#4 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 1:55 AM
Not the whole family at once as it was created (I don't think), but you can do individual Sims.

1) Shift+CTRL+C testingcheatsenabled true
2) Hold Shift while clicking on the sim in question, the top option in the pie should be "Edit Sim in Create A Sim"

The only issue I've come across is that you cannot edit any sim that's in a life altered state (IE Vampires).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 1:56 AM
Oh, thanks Perenor!
Instructor
#6 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 2:00 AM
You don't need to have generations-- just the latest patch ^-^
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 2:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Perenor
The only issue I've come across is that you cannot edit any sim that's in a life altered state (IE Vampires).

It does work on ghosts.
Test Subject
#8 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simbalena
It does work on ghosts.

Good to know, I've never tried with ghosts (or mummies). Strange that it doesn't work on Vampires then.

Though with a Vampire it's fairly easy to get around it. Cure them, bring them in CAS, then get them turned again.
Test Subject
#9 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 2:58 AM
You should also be careful with changing sims age : i've just tried making Arlo Bunch a teen and, although he is one, he keeps trying to be like a child, or at least their size, which gives a dawrf-ish teen. I can't imagine what a toddler changed to an adult would look like. Or vice-versa... *shivers*
Theorist
#10 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 12:12 PM
Or you can get twallans master controller to make life much easier!