Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 12:58 PM
Default CTU - changing to necklace category and adding fat states
1. I need help changing a necklace to actual necklace category. I know it's not new and you can do it with TSRW, but I would also like to know how to do it with CTU.

2. I also have problems with necklaces sinking into a sim's body if I make them fat or muscular. Is there a way to add morph states to necklaces?

Please go easy on me as I am a newbie. I would like to know first about question number 1. Please make it as simple as possible, thanks!
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 6:29 PM
For question 1, go to the Category(?) tab - the second tab - and tick necklace (and untick whatever else is ticked). Commit and save.

For question 2, it should be just the same as adding morphs to clothes. I haven't managed to do it yet though.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 6:44 PM
1. I cannot do that because there is no necklace category in the CAS Part Type:
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 7:02 PM
I don't have access to my Windows box currently, but it is there, I've used it - are you using the latest version of CTU?

Sockpuppet
#5 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 8:05 PM
Adding fat/fit/thin and pregnant states is easier with TSRW as TSRW generates all sliderfiles(Bgeo's) while CTU requiers manual editing of the package.
Have not checked the latest CTU version tho, i could be wrong.

But if CTU has the option to change the category into necklaces i would try to:

Build the necklace and morphs with TSRW, set as accesory.
Then convert the sims3package to package with Delphy's multipackager
Open it with CTU and change category.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 8:15 PM
Oh, wait, d'uh... no, I'm an idiot. The necklaces category isn't available in CTU. Shows what going a week without my desktop does to me.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 8:18 PM
CTU hasn't been updated since 2009. Is it possible to edit the fat and muscle morphs with TSRW alone? Yes, I hate to say I told you so, it does not have the necklace category. When can it be updated?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 10:05 PM
Well, it's been updated several times - it's just that the updates aren't final yet. I dunno when a new version will be available.

Sockpuppet
#9 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 6:35 AM
its been a while since i did those accesoires but extract a necklace mesh and look at it in MS.
When it has the necesarry group for the fat/fit and thin then you can edit those or replace them with your custom ones.

When it has only one group then you need to clone a outfit and set it to accesoire.(change type to accesoires and clothing type to necklace)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#10 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 11:13 AM
Necessary group? I've not ever seen a fit/fat "mesh" except when I've extracted the morph via S3PE and overlaid it on the base mesh - which you could do for a necklace, since WA comes with a morphing necklace.

Sockpuppet
#11 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Necessary group? I've not ever seen a fit/fat "mesh" except when I've extracted the morph via S3PE and overlaid it on the base mesh - which you could do for a necklace, since WA comes with a morphing necklace.

srry, was talking bout TSRW
When exporting the mesh TSRW includes all necesarry morphs, just cant remember if it also does with accesoires.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 2:56 PM
Hi, when will CTU be updated to include the necklace category?
Will I be able to adjust the fat/fit morph with TSRW? Can I do it using CTU?
Sockpuppet
#13 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jeannie4414
Hi, when will CTU be updated to include the necklace category?
Will I be able to adjust the fat/fit morph with TSRW? Can I do it using CTU?

You can update the slider files(Bgeo's)wich contain the morphdata within a package build with CTU but its alot of work.
Its not something i recommend for beginners tho.

You best clone the WA necklace with TSRW, extract the mesh and update it with your custom one.
Thats all there is to it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 7:40 AM
Ok, how about re-categorizing to necklace using CTU?

About TSRW, is it ok if my necklace has a different shape than the WA necklace? Will it have fat/fit morphs now? I am really excited to do this project.
How do I update the extracted mesh to my custom one btw?
Sockpuppet
#15 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 8:14 AM
Uhm, maybe its wise to follow one or two tutorials first?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 9:56 AM
I agree, First, I want to know how to recategorize necklaces into necklaces using CTU, next about the morphs. Please help me with #1 first.
Sockpuppet
#17 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 12:36 PM
You cant recategorize necklaces with CTU, needs to be updated first.
Use TSRW
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 12:20 PM
Ok, can we move on to tutorial number two?
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 1:27 PM
Is there any way to change the necklace category in S3pe? Thanks
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 3:14 PM
yes, on s3pe, can you help us? Its much more convenient to have tools to a minimum, than have many other tools.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#21 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 4:17 PM
Yes, you can. You need to change the type value to 9, however I'm not familiar enough with hex editing to give a decent explanation of how. The flag info is here: Sims 3:0x034AEECBwiki

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#22 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 5:04 PM
I converted the values on that page to hex so they match s3pe. I can't vouch for the actual values and their meanings though since I don't make CAS parts, I just know how to convert dec/hex. S3PE doesn't have all those in the drop down list, but you can enter the hex number manually.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 3:27 PM
Wow! Thank you so much for the info. I can't tell you how much trouble the Wiki has saved me!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 11th Dec 2010 at 2:38 AM
Hey Simveggie, were you successful in re-categorizing using s3pe? Can you please help me with what I should do? When I click CASP, there are numbers that kind of match the clothing type ID in sims wiki but are numbered slightly different, ie. 0x00000001 is 00000010 and 0x0000000A is 000000A0. I think this is where I have to do something, but I don't know how to decipher it. Can you please help?
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 11th Dec 2010 at 6:51 PM
Nope couldn't figure it out...but I haven't had too much time to mess with it. I need to reinstall my game...again, after the last patch. My motivation for the game has been killed off for a bit.
Page 1 of 2