Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 3:56 AM
Default Stop the comets already!
Hey everyone. First time poster here!
I would like to know if there is a mod or something else that stops comets from dropping down on my sim! I searched google, and this forum, and seems not many people get comets dropped on their sims, but to me, it happens all the time more then twice a day! And I really get sick of this ****. I have to save all the time now in case a comet is dropping, killing my sims. Also I can't find something in the option menu to disable comets or other stuff.
What can I do?! T_T
I got the sims 3 with all expansion packs.
Who can help me! Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 4:27 AM
Maybe if your sim attended church more often, God would smite him less?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Scholar
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 5:22 AM
Sounds like a glitch, perhaps download Twallan's Overwatch or Errortrap and see if that helps?
Sorry I'm not much help, I've only had it happen to me once.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 6:14 AM
I still have not have it happen to me at all, even when I had one guy living outside in a tent for years.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 7:35 AM
What patch level are you playing or what EP, respectively? Because I've read several reports that since Generations and the 1.22 patch meteor strikes seem to have increased disproportionately,
Scholar
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 8:41 AM
I agree. I just installed generations, tested the new wedding functionality and during the wedding a meteor hit the ground and several people were signed.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 9:13 AM
You guys are teasing! I haven't seen 1 comet.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
#8 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 9:27 AM
Well, look here, for example http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/380936.page
While the Grim Reaper was still busy reaping the souls from the first meteor hit the next one crashed in and hit him, too.
Test Subject
#9 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 10:33 AM
After installing Generations, I started a game in Sunset Valley. Within five minutes a meteor struck my sims home lot. So I cleaned up the damage and sent them to City Hall. While they were inside, a meteor hit there!! I then sent them to the theatre, and a meteor hit there, too!!! I closed the game and started a new one in Twinbrook...2 sim weeks into the game and not a single meteor so far. Occasionally having meteor strikes is cool, but every few minutes? That's a bit much.

"The ice is near, the solitude is terrible."
Field Researcher
#10 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 12:14 PM
EA is angry with us and wants to take it out on poor defenseless Simmies! :p

I wish comets would strike more often for me. I've never gotten a natural one (I've a spawned a few myself), but i don't want it to be a freakin' meteor shower everyday like what happened to you guys.

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Forum Resident
#11 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
Well, look here, for example http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/380936.page
While the Grim Reaper was still busy reaping the souls from the first meteor hit the next one crashed in and hit him, too.

You know the day is all screwed up when ole Grimmy is having a bad day...

But as I am reloading my Game had a unrelated problem with my computer that necessitated reloading windows among other things.. I will see if this bug or glitch happens to me as well ..

i will also keep in mind the sleeping bag as well.. Hmm wonder about sleeping on the beach.. Oh wait that might cause meteor to hit..
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by askemagus
After installing Generations, I started a game in Sunset Valley. Within five minutes a meteor struck my sims home lot. So I cleaned up the damage and sent them to City Hall. While they were inside, a meteor hit there!! I then sent them to the theatre, and a meteor hit there, too!!! I closed the game and started a new one in Twinbrook...2 sim weeks into the game and not a single meteor so far. Occasionally having meteor strikes is cool, but every few minutes? That's a bit much.

Final Destination eh?
#13 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 6:55 PM
In a rare bright moment I realised that this must be an Easter Egg indicating the next EP after Pets. I won't give everything away but just hint at the fact that meteorology is the science that studies w.e.a.t.h.e.r.
I admit it's not a very cleverly hidden Easter Egg, though.
Alchemist
#14 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
I still have not have it happen to me at all, even when I had one guy living outside in a tent for years.

Same here. I'd like to see it at least once
Instructor
#15 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 7:23 PM
HAHA, I wondered if it was just me and playing in a new neighborhood I downloaded.

I got the neighborhood all set up, put in the lots I wanted, created the perfect sim (took forever, too!) and moved him onto an empty lot. I was just setting up the camera to take his picture and BAM, the meteor landed right on him and he was killed... *sigh*

So, I figured a do-over would work and moved in a clone of him. Heh

So far I've seen three meteors in about a week's sim time. Yes, I think that's a bit much!

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 11:58 PM
I have the latest patches of all expansion packs. I don't know if this is possible but could a mod be the problem? And how do I check that since I have hundreds of mods installed.
Also why does it always have to land excactly on my sims head. Instead of some hundred meters away! -.- It always targets my sims! And it's totally not realistic, I never see dozens of meteor showers land on my head or 5 meters away from me! It just doesn't make any sense!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 3:32 AM
In a rare bright moment I realised that this must be an Easter Egg indicating the next EP after Pets. I won't give everything away but just hint at the fact that meteorology is the science that studies w.e.a.t.h.e.r.
I admit it's not a very cleverly hidden Easter Egg, though.

Ooh, I dearly hope so. Weather would add so much more depth to the game!

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Test Subject
#18 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 5:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SenceX
Hey everyone. First time poster here!
I would like to know if there is a mod or something else that stops comets from dropping down on my sim! I searched google, and this forum, and seems not many people get comets dropped on their sims, but to me, it happens all the time more then twice a day! And I really get sick of this ****. I have to save all the time now in case a comet is dropping, killing my sims. Also I can't find something in the option menu to disable comets or other stuff.
What can I do?! T_T
I got the sims 3 with all expansion packs.
Who can help me! Thanks in advance.

Seriously--my mother is playing and had four meteor strikes in a half hour, three of which killed her character. Is anyone making a mod to stop this? I have no programming skills, or I'd do it myself.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#19 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 5:23 AM
It sounds like you need to stop hanging out on the surface. Stay underground like a sensible person during Armageddon.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
#20 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 9:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
It sounds like you need to stop hanging out on the surface. Stay underground like a sensible person during Armageddon.
Now this makes me wonder whether staying underground in TS3 is really that safe. From past experience I have learned that the black space around basements is considered as outside space and that vampire ghosts that can float freely in that area can get sunburnt due to this. Maybe I should park one of them in that void and see whether meteors can hit them there, too. I fear no place is safe from Armageddon.
Alchemist
#21 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 9:38 AM
Now this makes me wonder whether staying underground in TS3 is really that safe. From past experience I have learned that the black space around basements is considered as outside space and that vampire ghosts that can float freely in that area can get sunburnt due to this. Maybe I should park one of them in that void and see whether meteors can hit them there, too. I fear no place is safe from Armageddon.

wouldnt be the end of the world if just hiding under dirt could circumvent it. i like to give armageddon a little more credit than that.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Instructor
#22 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 8:39 PM
After my first Sim post-Generations start up was killed and I started a new game, I haven't seen a single meteor. So perhaps it was a little "welcome to the new EP" present from EA...

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Test Subject
#23 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 8:50 PM
I had one meteor strike spawn directly after another one once
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 8:56 PM
I've never seen one... :/
Test Subject
#25 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 9:13 PM
Yup. Way too many meteors.

My sim can spend an entire day dodging meteors while trying to get things done downtown. It's ridiculous.

And usually one will get close enough that my Sim either gets killed or gets hit by the permanent dirty surroundings bug.
Page 1 of 2