Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 5:58 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Pets
Default Launcher won't install store content
I've tried installing one of my favorite sets from the store and every time I get an error saying: "Installation failed. Please make sure your game has the Latest Software Updates. Done!" I uninstalled and reinstalled Orgin, decrapifyed the sims3pack and made sure my game is fully patched. I have had this issue before and decrapifying the content worked but now its not. I'm over my head and need help. Thanks in advance.

Edit: My expansion packs are Late Night and Generations.
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 5:30 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Post Your Game Versions
    In order to help you we need more information on your game versions.
    If you need help finding what your game versions are see the links below:
    Please post the game version for each game that you have,
    (i.e. 1.12.70.006001 or 2.12.8.009017)
    • Base Game =
    • World Adventures =
    • High End Loft =
    • Ambitions =
    • Fast Lane =
    • Late Night =
    • Outdoor Living =
    • Generations =

Well, why do you need to decrapify? If you get it from the Store, just install as is.
But if you have decrapified content already in DCCache, Launcher does not like the mix. Maybe that's why you cannot install.

Try it on a new DCCache folder to see. Non-decrapified!
Test Subject
#3 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 10:01 PM Last edited by miaskywalker : 8th Jul 2011 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Forgot to put in EP patch numbers
Not to hijack your thread, but I've had the same problem for a long time. I can sometimes install sims3pack files that are NOT from the store, but absolutely nothing from the store will install. (It always says I need to "update my game", and yet according to the launcher, my game is up to date.)

My skuversion file gives me the following:

Base game:
GameVersion = 1.22.9.011001
Code:0.RL-2.0.151
Asset:1.Content.rl.46

Ambitions:
GameVersion = 4.7.4.010001
Code:0.ML-1.0.1089
Asset:1.ep2-0.ml.11

Generations:
GameVersion = 8.0.152.011001
Code:0.RL-2.0.148
Asset:1.ep4-0.rl.2

Late night:
GameVersion = 6.5.1.011031
Code:Unknown
Asset:Unknown

World Adventures:
GameVersion = 2.14.4.010001
Code:0.ML-1.0.1089
Asset:1.ep1-0.ml.63

My workaround has been that for the sims3pack files that don't come from the store that fail to install from the launcher, I use Delphy's sims3pack installer. That does not appear to work for everything, and never seems to work for anything purchased from the store.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 12:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
  • Sims 3 - Post Your Game Versions
    In order to help you we need more information on your game versions.
    If you need help finding what your game versions are see the links below:
    Please post the game version for each game that you have,
    (i.e. 1.12.70.006001 or 2.12.8.009017)
    • Base Game =
    • World Adventures =
    • High End Loft =
    • Ambitions =
    • Fast Lane =
    • Late Night =
    • Outdoor Living =
    • Generations =

Well, why do you need to decrapify? If you get it from the Store, just install as is.
But if you have decrapified content already in DCCache, Launcher does not like the mix. Maybe that's why you cannot install.

Try it on a new DCCache folder to see. Non-decrapified!

I created a new DCCache folder and tried to install but it won't. Its not like I need the set or anything.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#5 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 5:33 PM
If you have EADM/Origins, then make sure you have the current version.
If new DCCache folder don't work, then try the next step - new user folders.
Have you tried redownloading? Sometimes it is caused by incomplete downloads.
Also, I have to make sure each time I install a new pack, that the Store links don't open Launcher from the pack's Program path but from base game's Launcher path.

ps: psst! if you don't need the Set, you should have gifted it to me! I'm sure I can make the install work on my machine.
Well, who really need a Set of pixel dollie furniture? I don't need 'em, I just want 'em!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 10:58 PM
I have the latest version of Origin, the DCCache folder didn't work, and I redownloaded the set a bunch of times. I don't really understand the last step, can you explain it a bit more?
In the Arena
retired moderator
#7 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 2:36 PM
First ensure the option in your browser is to "Always Ask" - I'm paranoid about downloading stuff, so nothing gets downloaded automatically without my actually clicking OK/Yes/Agree. Following image is from Firefox Options -> Applications dialog box.

Then, when you click on a link, it would prompt you what application you want to open for that file type. Click choose. And if you do this once, and click the check box to "Remember my choice", it would be automatically set from then on, but again I leave mine unchecked (my preference).

Navigate to the base game path as shown and choose Sims3LauncherW.exe, versus one from any of the packs. If it is already pointing to this, then we'll have to move on to next thing to try.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 12:16 PM
I just tried the step you explained and it didn't work.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#9 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 3:56 PM
Did the item download fine and completely in the first place? Have more than 1kb in size?

Has anything changed since the last time you were able to download and install stuff from the Store? New Antivirus, new Windows updates...?

You might want to try the suggestions here Game_Help:GCCTSU3_Download_Issuewiki
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 9:12 PM
The file in question downloaded just fine. To be honest, I just reinstalled Sims 3 for the first time after a year of not playing. The last time the game was installed, the Launcher installed content perfectly. I can't try the next step because I'm leaving soon but I will try it tomorrow.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#11 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 4:40 PM
EADM/Origins and Adobe Air has had numerous updates in a year.

We've exhausted everything that I know. So unless you are willing to start that whole Game Help:GCCTSU3 Startwiki FAQ over, I'm afraid I'm outta ideas. Though fair warning - that guide is still a WIP...
Test Subject
#12 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 1:08 PM
I can install everything from the store. Except for the sets! :/ "Installation failed. Please make sure your game has the Latest Software Updates. Done!"
Mad Poster
#13 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 3:05 PM
I have issues with the installer, too and tried a number of things recommended by Crincrit and others without luck. One thing was to open the launcher through IE or modzilla. Since Modzilla was a fresh download for me, I was able to get the dialog box described in post 7, but I didn't know where to point the file to and it looks like I made the wrong choice. (I pointed it to the last expansions exe instead of the base). Does anyone know how I can go back and change that? I don't know how to bring up the dialog box that asks where to find the file.