Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2013 at 12:33 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Stop Origin from Auto-installing?
I just got a new laptop and I'm intsalling my game from a mixture of pc downloads and game disks. Origin has this feature of instantly installing my EP/SP's and I don't want it to. The main reason being is that I have to patch the game with the superpatcher after every EP installed right? So, if I download my EP/SP they automatically install and then the superpatcher doesn't patch them; I've tried to patch them after they've already been installed but the game versions stay the same! So is this possible or not because IMO the only other solution would be to uninstall again and individually download and install each EP/SP again and I don't have all the time in the world for that! Please help

22 I will give him the key to the house of David. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th May 2013 at 1:44 PM
Once you use the superpatch, it's done. There is no need to reuse it again after any other game installation, Assuming you are using the most current 1.50 patch. Each of the EP's are no longer updated like they used to be with individual patches.
Test Subject
#3 Old 16th May 2016 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mikey
Once you use the superpatch, it's done. There is no need to reuse it again after any other game installation, Assuming you are using the most current 1.50 patch. Each of the EP's are no longer updated like they used to be with individual patches.

Okay great but how do you disable auto-install because some of us just literally do not want it to auto-install things?
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 16th May 2016 at 3:24 AM
pippipcheerio this thread is 3 years old. The most current patch is 1.67. That is unless you can not avoid Origin's 1.69 Patch. You might want to consider starting a new thread and detail what you are trying to do.. New game install? If not, what patch are you currently on? It might not be possible for anyone to advise how to disable auto install as no one knows your circumstances for your inquiry.