Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th May 2016 at 6:48 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default I have duplicate gravestones for the recently departed (different situation from other threads I have found)
I have the UC and I'm playing on Win10 (Though I don't believe that that has ever caused issues) Oke so Daniel and Mary-Sue Pleasant died the same day at the same time of old age I'm assuming (they died on the second floor of the house the game starts them in, when I was focused on the first floor). I had read that it messes up if there is no live person on the lot when your sims die, and I had just moved in their twin boys a day before they died. These are the first Sims in my game to actually die. I decided to build an on property mausoleum. I originally used the shelves that looked like just a line of wood (sorry don't know the name and I know me, if I open the game to check, I'll play instead), I don't think it is an OFB shelf but it could be. I first clicked the move urn option but decided no I really want them on property and cancelled the action. I went into inventory mode and moved one urn to the shelf (the urns were never put in the sim 's inventory) but it wouldn't go on the shelf at all and just stayed on the floor under the shelf. In Buy mode I tried messing around with the same shelf and with moveobjects on, shelf height, etc. but the urn stayed on the ground; but I could get it on a table. i googled mausoleum and sims 2 and got these stone shelves http://modthesims.info/d/537849 and added in these OMSPs http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=317716 and http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=325570 in case I still couldn't get the urns on the stone shelf. I saved and exited the game, went back into the lot. The mausoleum was a 4x4 squares I put in the stones shelves and placed both urns in and continued playing the game. No ghost showed up at night so I sent a sim out to look at the urns but there were no options on the urns. The urns do have Mary-Sue and Daniel listed on a hover over, and the options returned when I move the urn off of the stone shelves. so I moved the urns to an OMSP and made it appear that it was on a stone shelf and the options returned. But when I was sending the sims to bed I noticed the two urns in the upstairs hallway. So Mary-Sue and Daniel have 2 urns each both say their names and have options when clicked on. I read this forum: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...ght=gravestones, and a few others, I have No Unlinkage on Urnstone Delete by MATY already in game. I've exited and reentered the lot; and I still have 4 urns instead of 2, and no ghosts!

I'm pretty sure you guys are going to tell me just to load a backup, to fix the problem.
And if that is the case this is what I want to know: Should I give up on the mausoleum and just make a graveyard? should I be moving tombstones in inventory mode or buy mode? why wouldn't the urns go on the shelves to begin with?
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th May 2016 at 7:38 PM
The urns won't go on the shelves because they're not coded for it (it's a setting in the file of the object) - or I'd assume that's it since they obviously are coded to go on tables.

I'm pretty sure there's no particular problem with how you move them round the lot.

The duplicate, AFAIAA, is probably just a glitch. I *think* if you have a duplicate that it's safe to delete one. HOWEVER, I've not done that and I don't particularly pay attention to things I'm not interested in doing so wait for someone to come along confirm that's ok that does have experience of that before you go ahead and delete.

But more or less everything you said sounded normal except for the duplicates. I don't think there's much to worry about.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 28th May 2016 at 10:28 PM
It's a known thing that the OFB shelves make duplicates and should not be used.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th May 2016 at 2:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
It's a known thing that the OFB shelves make duplicates and should not be used.

I tried to put them on the KnockOnWood II Medium Shelves which at least when I look at objects by collection don't appear in the OFB Business folders
Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th May 2016 at 9:05 PM
The Knock on Woods are AL.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 29th May 2016 at 10:13 PM
Urns don't like shelves full stop. I always use a side table.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 8:05 AM
I ended up loading a back up, after I deleted the urns I assumed were the copies and my N001 folder completely disappeared, they have a graveyard now though I played 4 nights after Mary-Sue and Daniel died and I only saw Mary-Sue twice. And does no one else find that urns not liking shelves to be the oddest thing?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 12:15 PM
Okay, another thing that probably contributed to my former hood blowing up into space