Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 2:51 PM
Default remember simsville come and see the game we could have already been playing a long time ago
so in the first sims maxis showed in a video a house with flames shooting from inside burning the walls and such but wasn't that something when even in the sims 3 the walls never burn down at least I never seen a wall on fire just the floor and everything inside the house with a pile of ash to clean up believe it or not Maxis was going to develop a game just like the sims 3 with poorer graphics instead in 2001 but sadly only the private clubs got a shot at playing the sims 3 basicly back in 2002

now i've not seen these trailer's before untill now and it was made in 2002 and looked like the sims 3 is today. it's still more advanced or the same in most cases i wounder what would have happened if they actually released it for the public and not just for the private club's usage. what would the sims be like today

VIDEO's DONE BY:celesta920
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCshVvzD4QY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY9Q1ZNSDIE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8WZImWpgVc

this one by: The Sims News
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR0NnzMvDkY

and the last one by:InvisibleManiac
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEmiYBG7O88
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 4:25 PM
Ok... what?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 5:14 PM
I remember it but it doesn't look fun IMO. And the graphics are terrible. It's basically a shitty version of sim city. They scrapped this game before it was released.
Alchemist
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
And the graphics are terrible.

I fully agree with this. Of course, that was a long time ago.
Scholar
#5 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 6:25 PM
The graphics somewhat remind me of Facebook games like Farmville.

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 6:28 PM
Those sims look terrifying. It's like watching humans walk with cockroach legs. D:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IAmDeath
The graphics somewhat remind me of Facebook games like Farmville.

I can agree on all those opinions especially the Farmville graphics I found the late 90's games made by maxis to be the same as the early 90's games using no 3d structures at all i mean look at SImcity 3000 it came out in 1999 but with 1996 graphics in my opinion but nobody agrees with me so I don't know what to rate. twisted metal 2 for ps1 had better graphics and it came out in 1996 for the sony play-station for example that was not a maxis game lol. also look at Simcity 2000 is about 1993 graphics although I loved Sim farm. and the latest SImcity 1 for windows was like from 1990 but it came out in 1993. I guess maxis didn't have updated computers at the time till after the sims 1 franchise and when the sims 2 was born in 2004 the 3d textures and the first fully 3d world was made.
Alchemist
#8 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 7:49 PM
'' We could have been playing a long time ago ''.
I don't think I would have been playing it now if it was from 2002
Mad Poster
#9 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 2:41 AM
i'm thinking the graphics were a bit outdated even for 2002. you know, 2 years after that the sims 2 came out and we know how much better the graphics are.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 4:01 AM
I remember watching the trailer of the boy cyckling so many times. I was really excited to get this game and hugely disappointed when I found out it was cancelled Last year I read more about how the game would have functioned and I have to say I don't think I would have enjoyed it. It's not really playing the sims in an open hood, more like playing a hood with sims in it.

I don't think the graphics were terrible at all for a 2001 game.

I really don't see the comparison the OP sees with TS3. I think you posted this in the wrong section if you wanted to get more agreement for your hate :lovestruc

I agree more that it's like sim city with people.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 2:10 PM
The graphics are incredibly similar to SimCity 4. And looking at the UI that was shown in one of the first videos, it looks vaguely reminiscent of SimCity Societies, in terms of gameplay - plopping singular houses, venues, parks, workplaces, etc, instead of the traditional zoning we're used to with SimCity. I'm just speculating but it was probably a precursor to SimCity Societies developed around the time SimCity 4 was in development.
Theorist
#12 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 8:48 PM
Oh yeah I remember that, especially the first trailer. I was confused when I heard it was cancelled but I guess it did make more sense to put some of its features in the main series.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 12:31 AM Last edited by sims 1 : 25th Apr 2014 at 12:44 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
I remember watching the trailer of the boy cyckling so many times. I was really excited to get this game and hugely disappointed when I found out it was cancelled Last year I read more about how the game would have functioned and I have to say I don't think I would have enjoyed it. It's not really playing the sims in an open hood, more like playing a hood with sims in it.

I don't think the graphics were terrible at all for a 2001 game.

I really don't see the comparison the OP sees with TS3. I think you posted this in the wrong section if you wanted to get more agreement for your hate :lovestruc

I agree more that it's like sim city with people.

I never knew anything about Simsville and what it was going to be till now. Me and others in my local area thought it was going to be an expansion pack for the sims 1 that finaly let us walk around the neighborhood. Scense it was advertised in the beginning of every game in the sims 1 with older expansions like livin' large. I never knew that the game was going to be like simcity although simcity 4 is fun a little I Now believe I would not have enjoyed simsville I agree with everyone here.

I always hated the 1 quote in the sims 1 manual when you read if you can visit the neighbors house It said,

how dare you want to use other sims stuff or something like that. I thought that was a stupid maxis quote for anyone who ever read the sims 1 manual post your thought at the time here

then a funny quote in the 1st sims manual is [no peeing in the bushes use a toilet sims must use a toilet it said]
Theorist
#14 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 2:56 PM
Doesn't look fun to me. I like Sims because I want to go into their houses and meddle in their lives. I'm more interested in the characters and their interactions/relationships with each other than just making a neighborhood. That looks like something I might play for 10-minutes and never touch it again.

Resident wet blanket.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 2:02 AM
I can empathize with your Simville reflection. Way back when the Nintendo 64 was released (uh, I'm dating myself by saying) 18 years ago there was a rumour they were going to release Earthbound 3. Or Earthbound 64 if you prefer. My brother was subscribed to Nintendo Power so I got to look at all the cool pictures of Earthbound 64. They had clay models, character sketches, background history, even 3D renders. They always release promotional material before a game is released to make gamers want to buy it, so it was a sure thing! It was all very exciting, but the N64 came and went and there was no Earthbound. After 6 years and they had nothing but plans, there were so many problems putting it together that they never released it!

At least, nothing for the N64. They managed to take some of the ideas and make a brand new game for the Gameboy Advance. Finally, an official sequel to the second-best RPG of the Super-Nintendo! ... That is, if you can speak Japanese.

... err, Japanese is not completely required. There's also a fan-made translation floating around the interwebs, if you're into that sort of thing.

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
Forum Resident
#16 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 12:35 PM
I don't really understand what you meant by saying this looks better than Sims 3, BUT, I can totally see why this cancelled this game. It must suck to work on something, present it to the public and then realize it doesn't make any sense. The game seems a bit pointless, doesn't it? It's not the Sims, it's not SimCity, but it doesn't seem to be anything other than the two, it's so strange.
Scholar
#17 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 2:11 AM
I remember this. I was super excited when I first saw it but never saw any news about it then. It does look like it would fail, though.