Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 7:20 AM
Default What item (CC or EA stuff) do you use other than the intended purpose?
Used the rabbit hole school on the back of the garden shed and enrolled my children sims in that school
so they don't have to travel across town. This helps when they are running late to still get to school at a
decent time. Just be sure to leave it accessible to townie children.

Used a rabbit hole diner rug on the back patio since I wanted sims to put priority on other skills so when
they became hungry they just dine in the rabbit hole.

Recolored some of those Katy Perry Bench cakes to stone and gold to resemble caskets in the cemetery. I also put them
in a hole that looked like grave robbers had dug them up.

I would love to hear other people's tips as well!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 9:14 AM
I don't know where I should put an arboretum in a town, so I always create a community garden and put one there.

Just call me Nikel
One Minute Ninja'd
#3 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 11:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fullsheet
Used the rabbit hole school on the back of the garden shed and enrolled my children sims in that school
so they don't have to travel across town. This helps when they are running late to still get to school at a
decent time. Just be sure to leave it accessible to townie children.

OK, interesting solution. But a question. Does the school bus still show up?
Scholar
#4 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 1:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
I don't know where I should put an arboretum in a town, so I always create a community garden and put one there.

Yeah, I always use a slightly enlarged Plumbbob park for that one. If you place that park on a 30x30 lot, you can place the arboretum on the right side and the path curves nicely around it. It actually looks pretty natural, IMHO.
Scholar
#5 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 1:30 PM Last edited by Moraelin : 29th Sep 2014 at 1:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by fullsheet
I would love to hear other people's tips as well!

- tasteable wine racks at home. With enough of them, my vampire can almost always find one that has plasma wine, and get both a free meal and some nice moodlets.

- elevators, just for an extra place to woohoo

- landline phone, just so I can still call for services or throw a party, while some the asshole owner of the restaurant is ringing my cell phone for hours AGAIN with that stupid "eat at the restaurant" celebrity oportunity, or some octogenarian professor is calling to remind my sim to come to a party she refused already. Seriously, that spam made me just stop answering the phone. Anyway, I guess buying an extra phone to NOT talk to people on the phone probably qualifies.

- buzzer box on a non-apartment house, just so occasionally some random sim will drop by, in addition to the 8 roommates running around the house

- rabbitholes like the grocery store and bookstore on the same lot as the pub, to bait sims to that lot. (Works great too.)

- the standard game naked outfit parts to make a topless bar once

- wall stereo on a residential lot, just because it takes no floor space

- living in a sorority house in the home town, just because it's free and seems to make the roommates more fun-loving

- NRaas GoHere, not because I actually wanted the "Go Here With..." interaction (I actually disabled it), but because it seems to stop the game from generating anywhere between 1000 and 20,000 vehicles a day (I wish I were kidding) on a certain map, and lagging the game into oblivion that way

- EA's useless and buggy butler, just as an extra roommate around the house. I actually use DiegoVeiga's housekeeper for the actual work.

- pools as a moat, once upon a time, just to make sims change into their swimsuits when they go to work or come back from work :p

- throwing the 20'th bachelorette party, without actually planning to get married any time soon, just because that particular party type makes people more inclined to use the fun items, instead of standing around like idiots or camping the keg
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 4:38 PM Last edited by fullsheet : 29th Sep 2014 at 5:28 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
OK, interesting solution. But a question. Does the school bus still show up?

It does. My child sim jumps on the bus and it turns around and lets the kid back out. Weird looking :-).

Also it is easier to meet townies when they stop by to eat at the diner rug.

Quote: Originally posted by nikel23

I always make a 10x10 decorative lot with the funky swirly trees and surround that lot with 8x8 fairy lots. I altered the portable fairy houses so it raises
hygiene and relieves the bladder.
Scholar
#7 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 5:18 PM
The rug kinda looks unrealistic, though, IMHO. When I'm not playing vampires (who live on plasma wine), I just place a pro bar and/or the pastries/teas/energy-drinks register from UL in the sorority's back yard, and mind-control two paparazzi to man them. It looks IMHO more in-character for the whole Richie Rich Memorial Dorm For Entitled Heiresses theme I have going in my deluxe sorority house.

That and, since invariably redo the town anyway, I can just place whatever rabbitholes I need next to my house, rather than on the same lot. Right now my sim has the restaurant/business across the road, the SimBurger next to the house, the park/fishing spot on the other side of the house, the school across the road on the fourth side of the lot, and her workplace one further house down the road, behind the park, and the grocery and spa across the road from her workplace and park, which is to say, diagonally next to her house. The workplace is further strategically placed so the carpool just has to go forward 50m to drop her in front of the door, no turns or anything. It looks natural enough for a town centre, and everything is within 5 minutes walking range.