Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 5:12 PM Last edited by frits191 : 12th Dec 2014 at 6:25 PM.
Default Radio music unaffected by game speed
Heya!

I was wondering if it was possible (and if someone is willing to make it of course), to make the in game radio tracks, unaffected by the game speed.
It annoys me that when I use the radio to listen to music, the music speeds up according to the game speed, albeit realistic, It kinda ruins the music.
My knowledge of python is really limited, so that is why I was wondering if someone is interested in checking this out for me :D

Edit: Thanks natussy for linking me to the mod that recently fixed it!

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=540178
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 12:25 PM
Above all that, can we possibly get some global effect for the audio? Something like the "Wire House with Speakers" upgrade in the Sims 3. The way the audio shifts in this game is disturbing. It depends on YOUR Perspective and your Sim position. Moreover I'd prefer to hear the music all over the place instead. So if anyone takes the above request, please consider this too.
Test Subject
#3 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frits191
Heya!

I was wondering if it was possible (and if someone is willing to make it of course), to make the in game radio tracks, unaffected by the game speed.
It annoys me that when I use the radio to listen to music, the music speeds up according to the game speed, albeit realistic, It kinda ruins the music.
My knowledge of python is really limited, so that is why I was wondering if someone is interested in checking this out for me :D

I have been checking the mod forums everday waiting for this to come out, haha. I HATE the FF of music, it ruins my gameplay experience ><
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 10:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EyeDye
I have been checking the mod forums everday waiting for this to come out, haha. I HATE the FF of music, it ruins my gameplay experience ><

Haha, yeah I figured there had to be more people who'd be annoyed by it, but couldn't find anything.
It could also be that everyone's working on porting their old mods over, oh well, we'll see :D
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 3:26 PM
Maybe I can slow down my custom tunes, then when we fast foward, they will sound normal!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by McCrea
Maybe I can slow down my custom tunes, then when we fast foward, they will sound normal!

It should be possible yes, but would it not be a lot more useful if it was simply coded as to ignore ff?
I mean, I also listen to the normal music, which (if it is possible to replace) would also be quite a hassle.
Test Subject
#7 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 8:26 PM
Also, when you install wall speakers they shouldn't all be playing a different station/song. It's super annoying. I hope someone fixes that too.
Test Subject
#8 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 6:57 AM
Possible likely but not trivial it will very certainly require a scripting mod with some complex coding since as near as I can tell all time based behaviors use the same clock system
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 11:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by falerin
Possible likely but not trivial it will very certainly require a scripting mod with some complex coding since as near as I can tell all time based behaviors use the same clock system

Yes, same as the problems people are having with slowing down game speed.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 6:13 AM
Is there anyplace around here where we can request mods? Because OMG after playing tonight, I have never wanted more control over the music in my Sims game.

Come read my first Sims story in ages (for TS4): http://msrebeccawest.tumblr.com/
Field Researcher
#11 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 2:50 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and reply to this thread to bump it up in visibility - This is the FIRST mod I have really wanted for the game. Everything else that has been created is great, but this one thing annoys the crap out of me. I want to share Ke$ha with my sims, not a chipmunk version of her... -_-
Instructor
#12 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 5:22 PM
This was one of the first things I noticed when I started the game! It'd also be nice if there was a way to get the music to play in stereo instead of mono. I think that may be part of the reason why the sound shifts so easily.
Test Subject
#13 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 2:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frits191
Heya!

is that it?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by natussy
is that it?

Yes that looks exactly what I was going for.
Not sure if the thread helped or not but I wish to thank everyone for their support regardless