Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 7:38 PM
Default Pets Issue
So I have been playing Sims 3 for a long time and I have been playing pets for a small ammount of time. I have just installed ITF and have run into a problem

I have Error Trap installed and as is normal with my pets game, it goes into overtime reseting all the stuck animals. However this is also including my new kitten. Having had enough, I have put my kitten up for adoption. However the Service person has not arrived. It has been about 3 days Sim time and still nothing. When I try to travel to the future it says I can not travel while waiting for the service person to pick up the cat!

Any ideas?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 7:46 PM
I'd check if pet adoptions are disabled in MasterController. Also make sure Overwatch is set to clear stuck situations (what you have there is a situation) and to move unroutable sims (which your service person may be.) If that fails, I'd also try installing GoHere, just in case, since its routing seems to be much more reliable. If that fails too, you can try evicting your family and moving them back in.

And if all that fails, nuke the kitten? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uAVp60X_p0
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 7:51 PM
I tried doing a total Annihilation but it still said I couldn't travel to the future! Then my sim decided she couldn't even interact with the time portal and kept route failing, so I moved it to my family inventory where it got stuck! Couldn't click or move or place it anywhere. I have quit without saving so I'm back at square 1 rather than -5. Fingers crossed that Mastrcontroller and Overwatch get things sorted.

I don't think I shall ever install Pets again... too much hassle
Scholar
#4 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 8:14 PM
MasterController and Overwatch are a MUST for TS3 nowadays, sad to say.
Scholar
#5 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 8:34 PM
Oh, BTW, I'd try also installing NRaas Register, if you haven't already. The problem may be simply that there is no service person, and Register takes care of exactly that.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 8:39 PM
Did you try MC>Town>Reset Everything?
If you have the cheats module installed, you can make your stuck pet active, then shift click somewhere and choose 'Teleport me here',

I use nraas Register 'Animal Control' to eliminate the wildlife in towns with bad routing, as the EA options panel is usually fail. But yeah, they really mangled this game...and not just Pets.

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 9:19 PM
@Poisonfrog

I never tried a total reset as it slipped my mind

The one thing I don't have is Register. That is promptly being corrected and I will see what will happen now. I am playing in Bridgeport so the routing is bad enough for the Sims, let alone the blinking pets!

I reloaded the game, nuked the kitten and now everything seems to be working, but I would like to have a pet, so I shall see if Register helps. The most annoying thing is all the error traps popping up. I'm hoping this fixes it.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by allanmad
@Poisonfrog

I never tried a total reset as it slipped my mind

The one thing I don't have is Register. That is promptly being corrected and I will see what will happen now. I am playing in Bridgeport so the routing is bad enough for the Sims, let alone the blinking pets!

I reloaded the game, nuked the kitten and now everything seems to be working, but I would like to have a pet, so I shall see if Register helps. The most annoying thing is all the error traps popping up. I'm hoping this fixes it.

There's probably a way to turn off all the nraas notifications, but I don't know what it is...
I'd turn both of the Tourist settings in Register off, too. They aren't as bad as the critters, but they'll snag your game up now and then...Luck

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 12:45 AM
Do you play with Pets and Nrass Poisonfrog?

If so, do your pets keep reseting? I keep getting a Script Error from Overwatch and i'm confused. My girlfriend also gets this with pets so makes me wonder how people play with pets if they keep resetting all the time, yet I know people do play the EP.

Any advice here or should I ask over at NRASS?
Field Researcher
#10 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 1:10 AM
Asking at Nraas can't hurt.

When I get sims that are corrupted and I can't fix by normal means(save first)...I go into Edit Town and evict the entire family to clipboard, then click their avatar up in the top left corner and save them to a bin. Then I move the bin family back into the house(which deletes the corrupt clipboard version). You'll lose a few things like wants, opportunities, and outside relationships, but it will preserve the family relationships and most other things. If you have any Plumbots put their trait chips in your inventory prior to doing this. This usually works, but I use it as a last resort, because you do lose a few things.

I do play with Pets, in Isla Paradiso usually, which may be the worst routing in a neighborhood by EA. My game plays smoothly enough on an old computer, but I do lots of things to force it to behave, including 4 or 5 Nrass mods and Awesomemod.

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό
Scholar
#11 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 9:37 AM Last edited by Moraelin : 30th Sep 2014 at 11:37 AM.
TBH, if anything keeps resetting all the time, then something is going awfully corrupt in that game. And personally I'd try to fix the underlying problem, rather than try to just let it go on and play with the pet in between resets.

Especially with pets, one way to get problems is using pre-Pets CC. They actually changed the rigging of all furniture for Pets.

Outdated script mods would also do the trick. Make sure any script mod you use actually says it's for 1.67.

Edit: That said, to answer that question too, yes, most NRaas modules have a "Display Notifications" option. For Overwatch it's right in the middle of its single page of settings. If you don't want to be notified, just click on that and it will flip to False. But again, I wouldn't do that until I at least tried to fix the underlying problem. Pets getting reset without notification is still pets getting reset.