Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 5:08 AM
Default Rolling Personalities For New Sims
When creating new sims, how do you roll their personalities? What kinds of dice do you use, and how do you roll their aspirations, turn-ons and turn-offs, and secondary aspirations?

When creating new sims, if I'm only using the 6-sided dice, I roll 1-6 when choosing aspirations, and with personalities I roll one die to choose a side of the Zodiac circle, and another to choose the sign. For turn-ons/offs, I first roll a die for the page, and then roll another one for the t/o, though on page six I will either count over after four, or re-roll if it it is five or six. I might try using the ten-sided dice for their personality points this time around to make things more interesting. When my sims get the opportunity in college to change aspirations, I roll the dice for odds or evens to see if they will change or stick with their original aspirations. For secondary aspirations, I start at the one right after their selected aspiration and roll 1-6. I may in the future start rolling whether to change their t/o's as well.

How do you roll?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 1:57 PM
Same as you - OR I might simply use The Sim Randomizer - It's no rocket science
Scholar
#3 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 4:51 PM
I choose the personality and aspiration that would fit their character as I planned it (and then modify it with mods later to fit exactly what I want)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 5:19 PM
I generally have a character concept when I open CAS and build the personality to suit. If the concept is "I need someone to feed the sorority; think I'll randomize" then I go all-out for randomization and haul out the polyhedrals.

D6 for aspiration, D12 minus 2 for personality points (so I can get 0 points in a score), d4 for hair color, whatever die or combination of dice is appropriate to the number of options available for various features. Things like turn-ons get tricky, as I have to combine dice and subtract or add a number that will make all the options available. And of course when building in CAS you get a fixed number of personality points, so maybe I'll decide to roll d12 for starsign and fiddle with the personality points to see how much variation I can get and still fall within that starsign.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#5 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 5:42 PM
The pizza box by Cyjon can randomize turn ons.

Elephant! Handcuffs! Naughty! Tee hee!
Scholar
#6 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 5:49 PM
*Sigh* I am just too OCD to randomize.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Field Researcher
#7 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 7:16 PM
^ Same. I generally don't roleplay Sims 2. I do that on forums and virtual chat programs. Sims 2 to me is about achieving goals and each time I complete a sim's life well, I consider it as having completed another part of the game, same as all other games I play.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 7:40 PM
That makes three of us then. Creating a new Sim at this point in my neighborhoods usually has to do with balancing something out, like a family Sim I like who's tried "everyone" and starts getting the "old and never married" fear. Even for aspirations, turn-ons, and turn-offs when children age to teens I try to view things like their skills, relationships, and fulfilled wants. Although I'll admit to sometimes creating shy/serious popularity aspiration sims, careless family or fortune sims, etc.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 11:58 PM
I always create a sim for something to do. Never rolled anything. I know exactly what I need.
Inventor
#10 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I generally have a character concept when I open CAS and build the personality to suit. If the concept is "I need someone to feed the sorority; think I'll randomize" then I go all-out for randomization and haul out the polyhedrals.

D6 for aspiration, D12 minus 2 for personality points (so I can get 0 points in a score), d4 for hair color, whatever die or combination of dice is appropriate to the number of options available for various features. Things like turn-ons get tricky, as I have to combine dice and subtract or add a number that will make all the options available. And of course when building in CAS you get a fixed number of personality points, so maybe I'll decide to roll d12 for starsign and fiddle with the personality points to see how much variation I can get and still fall within that starsign.

Dungeons & Dragons dice for the win! Everyone should have a complete set of those wacky polyhedrons.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 5:44 AM
I got a couple packs of seven dice - two d10s, one d12, a d20, d8 and d4 in each. With the d10 dice, I might start rolling the personality points, or I could use the d12 for just rolling the star signs. The d4 will really come in handy with things like hair, and possibly skin. This way, I can make a sort of challenge. I already have certain rules that I'm imposing on myself, like until a warlock is generated, male sims cannot learn witchcraft, and even then, if there is only an evil head warlock, then the male sim has to have three or fewer nice points in order to become a warlock. Four or more nice points and the sim has to learn from a good witch/warlock or not at all.

Werewolves and vampires can have magical powers but in general cannot mix unless a vampire and werewolf have a child together. I may roll the dice to decide whether or not the child will inherit that particular power, especially if the baby is male. I may at some point establish that there are two varieties of vampirism - one that is recessive sex-linked and one that isn't. Sex-linked vampirism will probably be more likely to manifest in boys than in girls, as it would be linked to the X chromosome. Maybe the girls with sex-linked vampirism would have a 25% chance in manifesting the trait, and the male vampire NPCs would have sex-linked vampirism. Might make lycanthropy sex-linked as well, with females having to inherit the gene in both X chromosomes in order to become werewolves.

Good witches who become extremely grouchy through the werewolf personality change may turn over to the dark side or just go neutral, though it would be more of a benefit to become evil. Besides that, the thrones from both sides are so cool and the lights that witches can make are beautiful - especially the ones good witches can make.