Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 6:11 PM
Default Lines in Hair mesh
im having an issue wherethere is a large straight line cutting through the middle of my hair mesh as shown in the pic here:

Im using TSRWS i dont understand how this has happend. does anyone know whats causing it? the mesh i am replacing is the longwavy mesh, i tried improting my mesh on to EA's hairbun but it gives an error message about an 'array'

also when i slide the weight slider to fat a hole apears:

i noticed EA hair meshes has many different groups in milkshape, such as the fat group.do i need to make groups like these? what are these groups for...morphs?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 8:22 PM
Ok then what if i edit the diifuse texture, what if i make the size bigger, right now its 1024x1024 if i increase the size (so its a multiple of 256x256) will it be fixed?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 8:54 PM
1024*1024 is a multiple of 256*256.

What does the mesh look like in Milkshape? You will need to make the morphs, yes, but it's better to fix the first problem first, since otherwise your morphs will also suffer from it.

It looks like you're using the EA texture for the hair you've cloned from - perhaps the "gap" is actually part of the texture alpha? Have you tried turning the whole alpha white to see if the gap still appears? What about if you look at the hair in wireframe view - does the mesh meet up at the back?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 10:40 PM
Like Whiterider said, take a look at the hairmesh(and texture) in Milkshape first.

Quote:
In Milkshape
*select the whole mesh in the groupstab
*Go to the material tab
*click new
*click none
*Browse to your shair texture file(DDS)and select it
*Click assign
*Go to the Texture coordinator editor under Windows
*select the area of the sneakers on the uvmap
*click fit selection
*tick the box redraw
*Move the coordinates arround till the textures fit the mesh again

You can see the results in 3d view while moving them(you might need to right click in the 3d view window and choose textured(untick colored groups when enabled)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 3:34 PM
ok thank you both its fixed now, it appeared to be a problem with the mesh, i dont know how that line got into the mesh but anywhoo its fixed now thanks! i've also made the morphs now.