Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 7:27 PM
ALL FILES MISSING after installing Patch 1.4.6
Today my Sims3-Launcher told me that there was an update (1.4.6) for my game, so i saved my custom content and had it installed.

Now all my saved games have disappeared, my saved sims ( from the exchange - installed with the launcher) have disappeared, riverview is gone, and all the clothing etc. i bought or got from the EA-Store or the Exchange are missing. Even the re-colorings (done with the Game itself) are missing

The Backup-folder is empty. No Cache-files (I deleted them before Installing the update) left.

The only thing left is the custom content I saved before installing and pasted back in the mods file.

The install seemed to be fine (no errors)

Can anyone tell me what happend - is there a chance to get my games back? (and YES I KNOW - I should have saved a full backup)

Thanks
Advertisement
shiny!
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 7:37 PM
Please read forum stickies and announcements before making posts. They will let you know the rules and provide other helpful information. As the "Hey, where should I post my question?" announcement says, this is not the correct forum for game help.

Normally, I'd just move your thread but we're asking that all patch problems stick to our patch sticky in the Sims 3 Help forum. Please read the first post of the sticky. If you still need more help, feel free to post in the thread.