Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 11:55 AM
Default Please have a look at my hair mesh-it's doing odd things!
Well....I've been having this problem (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=430344) for a while, and I tried everything I could think of to fix it, but I couldn't. So now, I'm posting the package file so you guys could have a look at it, and hopefully, help me fix it.

p.s I have assigned the lod0 to only head_New, so it will animate very weirdly. But never mind the animations. The whole point is to fix an odd display issue on my hair.

P.s2 The package was created using TSRW.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  test.zip (1.57 MB, 11 downloads) - View custom content

Check out my blog ! You'll find items that I was too lazy to upload on the MTS XD.

Warning! This is not an English blog! However, the 'Sims3Downloads' section is written in English :D.
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 1:02 PM
You still didn't tell me wat program you used.
Just asking because you can not create hair with CTU.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 1:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
You still didn't tell me wat program you used.
Just asking because you can not create hair with CTU.

I know you can't .. anyway, here are the programs I use Milkshape3d,blender3d,and TSRW.

Check out my blog ! You'll find items that I was too lazy to upload on the MTS XD.

Warning! This is not an English blog! However, the 'Sims3Downloads' section is written in English :D.
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 1:33 PM
Oh, didn't know Blender had a WSO plugin

edit,
I am just reading you save the file as obj file but TSRW no longer uses that format.
Or are you still working with a older version?

If meshparts have underweighted bones they also become transparant
How do you give the mesh its boneassignements then?(obj files cant store bonedata)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 5:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
Oh, didn't know Blender had a WSO plugin

edit,
I am just reading you save the file as obj file but TSRW no longer uses that format.
Or are you still working with a older version?

If meshparts have underweighted bones they also become transparant
How do you give the mesh its boneassignements then?(obj files cant store bonedata)

When I make hair mesheds, 1. I mesh the hair in blender3d 2. I group the whole thing as a single group 3. I export the mesh as obj. 4. I import the obj. file into milkshape3d and do the boneassignment (I use wes's unimehs bonetool). 5. Export it as wso.

Sockpuppet
#6 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 7:16 PM
As long as you import a extracted basegame hairmesh from TSRW in Milkshape first then that will work