Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 8:15 PM
Default How do I dress my Male Sims in Female Clothing?
My Stupid Question of the Day is... how can I put Male Sims in Female Clothing? WITHOUT having to make all new Meshes, because that's too hard for me? Is there a box I can tick in that CTU program or something? What exactly do I need to do? I can't find a tutorial... is it hard?
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 8:21 PM
It doesn't really work like that. Yeah, you CAN just tick a box in CTU (gender) but it's not going to fit properly. The ankles and neck will mismatch terribly.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 8:18 PM
Okay... so what CAN I do..?

And can anybody tell me (this is extremely stupid) how to tick the box? I mean, not literally, I know where the box is, as I downloaded CTU today for that very purpose, but I don't know how exactly to import the file into CTU, and while file I have to import and what format I have to save it as and so on. Is there a step-by-step tutorial with screenshots?

Is this possible for tops and bottoms or just outfits? Because surely the ankles and necks wouldn't mismatch on a very skinny Male Sim, would they?

And back to the question at the top of this post, what can I do to convert Female Outfits to Male?

This is what I want on a male... http://www.thesimsresource.com/arti...-001/id/905992/
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 8:25 PM
Well, you can either make clones of the clothing by ticking the gender box and have kind of crappy female-to-male clothing that doesn't fit properly... or you can remesh it around the neck and ankles to make it fit a male sim properly, and tick that box too.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 8:22 PM
So... I do need to mesh. v.v I have absolutely no idea how to do that. But... surely someone else has done this before and there's a tutorial? I can't be the only one wanting my Sims in drag?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 8:35 PM
You can follow any clothes meshing tutorial for this - you'll just have to adapt what you learn for use in your particular project. There are example body meshes linked from my profile (articles tab) which you can use to help you get the clothes to fit. You'll also have to reshape the morph meshes and rebuild the morphs - this is covered by regular non-drag tutorials too.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 8:45 PM
Thanks. I'm kind of daunted by this... do you have a tutorial on changing existing meshes, rather than making whole new ones? Which is easier?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 9:42 PM
Okay, I actually just followed this tutorial.. http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=397260 ..I think I've done everything right. But how would I fix the ankles and neck? I'd have to expand them I assume, but don't I need to know how wide the default Male Sim's neck and ankles are to enter the correct value?
Field Researcher
#9 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 9:46 PM
Keep trying until it works out right.

What are the settings for now?

Why not open a MALE ITEM and check there?
Forum Resident
#10 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 10:53 PM
http://www.bloomsbase.net/index.php.../11-transgender You do need to sign in in order for downloads to show up.
Sockpuppet
#11 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 1:20 AM
As Omega linked

I once made a fake neck as accesoire that you can use to close the gap between the female body and male head.

It does requiers you to install and use a custom slider that will bring the female body and male head closer together.

The fake neck is linked to the skintone files and works with the sliders, however ....you do need to install a female skintone wich is set to male.
Delphy's breasts sliders are also available on my site as unisex sliders

Also vist sexysims2 for even more options(male parts on female body etc)