Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 9:23 PM
Default Normals and Thumbnails
- How can I get normalmap for a mesh in TSRW?

- How can I make CAS Thumbnails in CTU for eyebrows and faceoverlays? I tried the method I do for clothing but it didn't work

Thanks for anyone who'd reply
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 9:42 PM
What's the method you use for clothing? I know of two - either rebuilding the file, doing the thumbnail first, then doing everything else; or doing it in S3PE.

The normalmap is in the Mesh tab I think.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 10:05 PM
I import my mesh make the changes, then add thumbnail, open S3PE and copy the instance from CASP for thumb's instance. Works for accessories, clothing but can't make it work with eyebrows or faceoverlays. oh btw Can eyebrows have custom thumbnails since I never seen anyone having custom thumbnails, or maybe I haven't seen enough brows

I didn't see any normalmap slots or anything that would refer to bumbmap in TSRW not even in the mesh tab
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 10:29 PM
Yeah, they can - I know Jessica_2020 got it working with the method you're using, so I dunno what's wrong there. :/

Forum Resident
#5 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuffyAmi
I didn't see any normalmap slots or anything that would refer to bumbmap in TSRW not even in the mesh tab

Once you're in the mesh tab click materials, a little box should appear, click it.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 5:31 PM
I still can't make my eyebrows's thumbnails work please someone help, I uploaded the file with the thumbnail if someone could make it work
Attached files:
File Type: rar  MyEyebrows.rar (33.6 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 6:30 PM
Wrong resource type - the thumb was THUM 0x626F60CE, it should have been THUM 0x626F60CD. God knows how all that works, I just copied from Jessica_2020's brows .
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Eyebrows_byAmilia.rar (27.6 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 6:59 PM
Ah thank you thank you!! So from now on I just have to copy that resource type and replace it, and it will work? How big thumbnails Eyebrows/Faceoverlays can have btw

Edit: I mean what is the right size for the CAS thumb for them so the image looks ok
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 8:01 PM
As far as I know, all CAS thumbnails should be 250x250px, but the sides will be cut off.

And yes - just copy it from a working file of the same type.