Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Jericho

by simsample Posted 28th Dec 2011 at 5:56 PM - Updated 2nd Sep 2021 at 8:09 PM by simsample : Resurrected dead links!

521 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 292 Feedback Posts, 228 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 12 of 21
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#276 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 12:55 AM
Wow! Magnificent! I never seen a custom world like this! Its very detailed!
Lab Assistant
#277 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 8:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Thanks for the nice comment!

It's deserved.

Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Usually the missing rabbitholes is caused by having a 'decrapified' version of Riverview installed- I bet that you have a lot of other objects missing too, such as the water tower and various deco objects. What you should do is to download a fresh copy of Riverview from the Sims 3 Store, uninstall the old one and install the new one. Then start a new Jericho game. Otherwise, it may work if you decrapify my World file, but you will definitely have to clear your caches and start a new game. I can't guarantee that will work though!

Actually, no. All the other lots work properly, all the water towers are there, etc. Just those two are weird. However, I fixed the problem by bulldozing the lots and replopping the buildings with buydebug. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#278 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 4:49 PM
I don't know if this has been said yet, but on the Dalerport streets it has duplexes, but I can't visit any of them because there's no callbox, and I can't place anything outside of the lot because of the oddly shaped unit. It only goes to the interior of the house. Is there anything I can do to get past this?

Also, I absolutely love the town. Great job!
Lab Assistant
#279 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 9:16 PM
This world is beautiful! +100 mood effect from experiencing an Amazing World!

I've been looking for a good world that included content from all of the EPs. With Jericho, it's more than a good world -- it's great!

Since Riverview was also required, just from the pictures alone this world made me stop being lazy and fix the problem I was having with not being able to have my store items stay installed. So, it's a double bonus -- my Sims family now live in a gorgeous world and my store items now stay installed. The long process of re-installing everything was worth it!

Plus, with past worlds I usually ended up deleting lots and replacing them with others, but with Jericho I couldn't bring myself to delete ANY of the lots. They're all too beautifully designed. The details put into the world and the lots are ... WOW ... WOW!!

Thanks so much for your hard work on this world.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#280 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 11:49 PM Last edited by simsample : 15th Feb 2012 at 6:29 PM.
from: Alyattes sorry if it is too long. Didn't look this long when i copied it.

Thank you so much for your response. I am sending the system info.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#281 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 6:50 PM
Thank you all for your great replies!

Black Zekrom- Thank you, I'm pleased that you like it!

Lord Vetinari- I meant this water tower:
http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums...eenshot-104.jpg
The others are from Appaloosa Plains or Twinbrook. There are some other Riverview items used in the world too- like the cow and one of the windmills- so if the rabbitholes vanished, chances are they did too. Just install a non-decrapped Riverview, start a new game and they will all show.

Skullith- Yes there is, you can place the call box inside the foyer of the NPC side of the house- which was where it is intended to be. Then your sim will enter the foyer and call in from there. I think that was an oversight by me, as I made the space for the call box but didn't put it in for some reason. Sorry about that, and thanks for pointing it out! I'm glad you like Jericho, thanks for the nice comment.

aSimmersLife- Thank you! I'm glad you like Jericho! I built it to play 'as-is' rather than having to be rebuilt, based on my experiences with a previous world I made. I learned a lot from that and so made Jericho to my requirements, whilst hoping that most players will find something in it that suits them! Thank you for the great comment.

alyattes- I think possibly your computer specs aren't quite up to this world, you have an integral graphics chipset and 3GB RAM which may mean that your PC is struggling. You could try shutting down any other tasks you have running before playing, but remember that this world is larger in filesize and lot number than the EA worlds. I wish there was something I could do, but apart from the performance suggestions in the first post, I'm afraid I'm out of ideas.
Test Subject
#282 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 5:12 AM
Default Jerico
Thank you for your response.

I guess I will have to upgrade or get a new comp. I think I like the new comp idea better.

Looking forward to playing Jerico soon.

Thanks again.

alyattes- I think possibly your computer specs aren't quite up to this world, you have an integral graphics chipset and 3GB RAM which may mean that your PC is struggling. You could try shutting down any other tasks you have running before playing, but remember that this world is larger in filesize and lot number than the EA worlds. I wish there was something I could do, but apart from the performance suggestions in the first post, I'm afraid I'm out of ideas. [/QUOTE]
Lab Assistant
#283 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 11:37 PM
I love your world and have a family living there in one of the loft apartments. But I'm missing the hospital (the only thing I've noticed so far) and I have some decrapified things, might be Riverview as well. But if I would download it again, would I loose the family living in Riverview or are they ok if they are saved under another name?

-I Hate being obvious. All fangs and "grrr"! Takes the mystery out. Spike "Buffy The Vampire Slayer"
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#284 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 12:45 AM
alyattes- Good luck with that, we have some articles to advise on gaming computers- click 'Help> Computer and Software Help' at the top of the page to see those.

TezaG78- If Riverview is the problem then you should notice that the spa rabbithole and the checkered water tower in Jericho are also missing. If you install a fresh version of Riverview then any savegame you have for a decrapified Riverview will not work, as the game will see the world and the Riverview objects as being completely different items. You could use Twallan's Porter mod to rescue the families and port them into a fresh game, though.
Lab Assistant
#285 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 5:09 AM
Default No Interaction Available for Apartment Bldg
The apartment building on Bermond Street doesn't have an intercom in it. I don't know the exact address, as I get "No Interaction Available" when clicking it. It's the building directly behind New Conlyn Beach.

I found this out when one of my Sims was reminded to attend a party and shortly after I received a pop-up message about an apartment not having an intercom it. I was able to zoom in and use the "go to floor" option to get to the Sim that lives there.

As a side note: For those only running with 3 GB of RAM and having lag or game issues while playing in Jericho -- I also run with 3GB RAM (usable RAM after factoring in what the OS uses), and the world runs fine for me. I play on a laptop with all graphic settings on "Medium," except for lighting and shadows which is on "Low." I also have NRaas Overwatch installed. I close all applications and terminate any process and service I don't need running when playing Sims 3, except for Fraps when I'm recording videos for YouTube. This is the way I played Sims 3 even before installing Jericho.

If you're used to playing at maximum (or close to it) graphic settings with a web browser, Skype or other music and/or social applications running in the background and have less than 6GB of RAM (8GB+ is ideal)...I don't see how your computer will be able to run Jericho w/o a lot of lag. It's a huge world with a lot of elements.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#286 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 5:57 AM
This is truly phenomenal work. As much as I've grown to love and appreciate the MTS community over the many years I've been playing this series, I seldom take the time to tell everyone how much I truly appreciate their hard work. But this I simply could not download and ignore. You should be proud, this is a masterpiece. This is everything worlds should be. It is diverse and it is wonderful. So, thank you, really.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#287 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 6:19 AM
Very excited to get this in my game, been looking for the perfect mix of urban night life + country on the water, and this is it! Thank you! Beautiful, beautiful work!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#288 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 12:35 PM
aSimmersLife- Not guilty on that one I'm afraid, as the three apartments near the wharf/ conlyn beach all have intercoms on the wall beside the front door. Not sure why they are not there for you, perhaps replace them if they have been deleted? Thank you for the performance tips, it's good to know you have it working well, thanks for the feedback!

LostInStars- Thank you very much, I'm pleased that you like it!

Daney- Thanks for the lovely comment, I'm glad it suits your requirements!

Thank you all for commenting!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#289 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 6:28 PM
This world is adorable, stunning and exciting - thank you for sharing!!!
Lab Assistant
#290 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 1:34 AM
simsample - Yes, the spa is also missing but the chequered water tower is there. I'll look into the porter mod, thank you

-I Hate being obvious. All fangs and "grrr"! Takes the mystery out. Spike "Buffy The Vampire Slayer"
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#291 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 1:20 PM
Hi Simsample,
Just wanted to express my thanks for such a wonderful world. The nights are dark and grungy and the daylight is warm and inviting. Every building is amazingly detailed. I am especially fond of the Museum and the apartment block opposite it with the great basement.

My game did crash after about an hour, so there is some tweaking for me to do (I think I might delete the subway system, would that cause routing issues or would everything revert to taxis?)
Lab Assistant
#292 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 5:38 PM
Hiya simsample,

I went back and re-checked that apartment and the intercom sure is on the outside front door. I was looking on the inside hall...derp, brain fart moment.

But I still don't know why I got that pop-up message about there not being an intercom in an apartment building. Hmm...maybe a false positive check from a mod I have installed...no idea.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#293 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 10:53 PM
secretpattern- Thank you! I'm glad you are enjoying it!

TezaG78- Ah, maybe this isn't an issue with Riverview, then. In that case try just replacing the missing rabbitholes in Jericho, and leave your install of Riverview as it is. I know some other people were having rabbitholes missing and seemingly it is those that are placed off-grid, so perhaps it affects certain game configurations (although I've never had this occur, and I've tested a lot of worlds!).

matsabatsa- Thanks for the lovely comment, I'm pleased you're having fun! For the subways, those are not actually used by non-playable sims (unless you have that modded), so removing the subways probably wouldn't help at all. What would be more likely to help is cleaning up stuck cars, turning off memories, saving often etc., all which can be done using various mods. Also if you have a story progression replacement, check that the settings are reduced for better performance. I hope this helps!

aSimmersLife- Ah, good, I'm glad you found them! Not sure about the pop-up, either- perhaps it's affected by the intercom being on the outside wall? You could always try moving it into the foyer if you have further problems. Thanks for commenting!

Thanks everyone for downloading, thanking and posting your feedback, it is appreciated!
Lab Assistant
#294 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 1:32 AM
simsample - Ok, thanks, I'll try that

Test Subject
#295 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 7:52 PM
will this work without pets
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#296 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 9:56 PM
TezaG78- let me know how it goes!

swetcaramel7983- No.
Lab Assistant
#297 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 12:07 AM
simsample - I tried to manually put the hospital and the spa back but they weren't among all the other community lots that you can place. As far as I know all the other kind of buildings were there. It's really weird...

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#298 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 1:07 AM
Wow, this is simply astounding! Can't wait to download this!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#299 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 8:07 PM
TezaG78- You need to go into Build Mode> Community objects and choose 'Sunflower Spa' for the spa, and 'County Care General Hospital' for the hospital. They are both Riverview objects.

Ginger Goddess- I hope you like it!
Lab Assistant
#300 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 8:13 AM
Aha, ok thanks!

Page 12 of 21