Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 3:04 AM
I will confess; confess that I have committed a Sin. I murdered the life out that little unsuspecting Sim!

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#27 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 5:06 AM
I confess that I don't play the game. Oh, I download content- especially if it's something that I was thinking of making myself. But I don't play it. Nope. I have one lot with a sim and the only thing she ever gets to do is test my stuffs. In my defense, I DO try. I'll load up the game to test something and keep playing for a bit. But sooner than later, I'm exiting the game and going back to MilkShape, SimPE, whatever program I need. And I DO like to build and decorate.. on a simless lot. That counts, right?!?
Inventor
#28 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 5:55 AM
I confess that when I first got TS2, I thought it was so much like a hoax with all the weird stuff going on, sims just made, burning up the whole family the moment they move into a lot from CAS, as!wipe kids that wouldn't do their homework because school had totally wiped them out. Most of the sims didn't seem to want to ever do anything without whining and fighting and trapping themselves in the bathroom. Most of the households I tried to watch before trying to play them - watching is scary. The sims could now do stuff more autonomously, yes. The graphics better, yes. The sims smarter, hell NO!

I thought the game was supposed to be a life simulation, not a crazy simulation.

TS2 seemed more like "your life after taking/snorting/smoking/shooting up very bad or tainted drugs" type of hoax.

Being the very untrusting type of person that I am, I confess that I suspected that all the craziness was to distract me from the game's REAL purpose, which was some kind of psychological experiment and that the game was somehow scoring and watching and recording my reactions and reporting them to some entity online. I honestly was compelled to watch my DSL modem lights all the time when the game was running because I was so sure that something was going on. It made me feel like a lab rat in a cage.

So, here I was feeling disgusted by the game and paranoid and then, one of the sims turns and looks at me as if to say, "Private eyes, we're watching you!"
Banned
Original Poster
#29 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 6:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cheshirekat
I confess that when I first got TS2, I thought it was so much like a hoax with all the weird stuff going on, sims just made, burning up the whole family the moment they move into a lot from CAS, as!wipe kids that wouldn't do their homework because school had totally wiped them out. Most of the sims didn't seem to want to ever do anything without whining and fighting and trapping themselves in the bathroom. Most of the households I tried to watch before trying to play them - watching is scary. The sims could now do stuff more autonomously, yes. The graphics better, yes. The sims smarter, hell NO!

I thought the game was supposed to be a life simulation, not a crazy simulation.

TS2 seemed more like "your life after taking/snorting/smoking/shooting up very bad or tainted drugs" type of hoax.

Being the very untrusting type of person that I am, I confess that I suspected that all the craziness was to distract me from the game's REAL purpose, which was some kind of psychological experiment and that the game was somehow scoring and watching and recording my reactions and reporting them to some entity online. I honestly was compelled to watch my DSL modem lights all the time when the game was running because I was so sure that something was going on. It made me feel like a lab rat in a cage.

So, here I was feeling disgusted by the game and paranoid and then, one of the sims turns and looks at me as if to say, "Private eyes, we're watching you!"

Here's to you and your paranoia.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 6:34 AM
Oh well, I have a cc confession too like you guys. I have 1.2GB of CC's and mods installed in my game. But I'm not using them almost in my game. xD Then, when my game hangs up. I'm so irritated even I know It is caused by high polys of my items in game. xD

I play sims from the rime I wake up until late night i'm on my lappy playing sims and surfing the net for my sim related addictions... xD
Mad Poster
#31 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 11:56 AM
Cheshire Kat: it is an evil plot-from EA to make you part with your money! It worked, too, didn't it?
Mad Poster
#32 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 8:48 PM
My confession is I just hit 98,000 CC's.

-dun dun dun music-

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Scholar
#33 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 11:45 AM Last edited by Simsica : 28th Jul 2011 at 12:07 PM.
Sometimes I wonder where the undo button has gone... And shouldn't I be able to scroll along the edges of my vision?! I want to see behind that wall, damnit! Stupid real life!

Edit: Sorry, are these confessions of a CC addict? In that case, I confess that my downloads folder scares me. It has almost 18,000 files, and my evil doppelganger won't let me delete any of them.
I just wanted to purge the damn folder, even had it scanned with SimPE for health and mesh/recolor issues. Seems that SimPE conspires with my evil doppelganger, claiming that there's nothing wrong with my CC.
This is why I ran to MTS - I couldn't bear to start the game and wait forever till it loads.

Do my Sims really need 5613 clothes recolors?!
Field Researcher
#34 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 2:06 PM
I confess that I'm back up to 18000 downloads after deleting all I had and starting over.
Instructor
#35 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 12:00 AM
Oddly enough, I have never dreamed about the Sims. I'm surprised really...I've sure played them enough. And many of them are so real to me, like if I met them on the street, I would know them immediately.

So my confession? I'm weird. :-)

(Although I'll bet that most of us hardcore Simmers have a teeny tiny screw loose...)

Liv Loves Simming: http://livlukas.tumblr.com

Liv Loves LiveSimming: http://www.livestream.com/livlukas

Meet Me In My Next Life
#36 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 9:56 PM Last edited by Simonut : 30th Jul 2011 at 12:18 AM.
More "Confessions " you simmers you know you have them, I am "Father Sim" you must confess so that your simmer souls will be save from the bottom pit of that place called hell. Would you rather go Up or Down ? Father Sim will clean your soul with your confessions.

( I'll just having fun reading everyone confessions. )

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#37 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 10:01 PM
Scholar
#38 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 6:19 AM
I confess that even though I've got close to 400 mods I still downloaded 3 new ones today, oh and one new hair (I blame that recent favorite hair thread for that though). I didn't even know I needed them until I saw them. At some point I will have the perfect game, I'm sure of it.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 9:13 AM
So how long you got, Father Sim?

I confess that in the five years since I started playing, I have created hundreds of neighbourhoods, and only two have survived past the loading screen.

I confess that the first version of one of those two hoods was utterly destroyed by my then-newbie cluelessness, including mixing incompatible mods (out-of-date ones included), fiddling around with boolprop, and playing on a slow slow Mac OS X named Terry so I couldn't run the patches. Eventually I had to relocate to the family computer downstairs that I have to share with my brother.

(As a side note, yes I do name my computers, and - coincidentally fitting into the 'confessions' theme here, I refer to the one I play on now as 'Digidevil' because the first time we scanned it for corrupt files, there were exactly 666 errors..)

I confess that I have hardly played in the last year due to many failed attempts to learn to make my own CC so I can get my game to look exactly the way I wanted. I'm only now starting to get back to playing.

I also confess that not playing has caused several nervous breakdowns.

I confess that I once went to my high school costume party in casual clothes with a cardboard plumbob strapped to my head.

I confess that on my birthday this year, at 5:59PM, I glanced at the clock and immediately thought 'Oh no! I'm going to age in a minute!'

And that I have - more than once - accidentally switched channels on the TV by pressing 3 on the remote to try and speed up the ads.

I confess that I carry four chunky ring binders full of Sim-related stuff with me when I'm playing. Four.

I confess that I get so attached to my Sims that when Sena, founder of my oldest hood, died, I couldn't listen to the song that was playing on her stereo at the time for the next three years.

Need I go on?

simblr
Home of my Kulo Seeri Test of Time and a lot of worldbuilder rambling. You have been warned.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 9:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Clashfan
... oh and one new hair (I blame that recent favorite hair thread for that though). ...

Just one? I think that thread doubled my hair folder.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 4:25 PM
I have to make a saving throw to dress my fit male sims in anything but tight jeans and a tank top, even in the middle of winter. Something about the pelvic animation with that particular combination is just - yowza!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#42 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KaiRuh
Just one? I think that thread doubled my hair folder.

I already had most of them. Couldn't resist that super cute TS3 conversion by Marja though. Only hairstyle with a hat I've ever liked.

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I have to make a saving throw to dress my fit male sims in anything but tight jeans and a tank top, even in the middle of winter. Something about the pelvic animation with that particular combination is just - yowza!

I'm so with you on this one. Although it's usually one of Fanseelamb's tight T-shirts instead of a tank top. Yowza, indeed.
Scholar
#43 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 10:24 PM
I love this thread! I hope it lives long and prospers
Field Researcher
#44 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 6:35 AM
I confess, I never posted in forums ever. but besides that I have LOTS of CC in my folder. Well.. thats what I think, mostly clothes, hairs and some objects. I just need to find boys clothes. Thats like the only thing I dont have!.. I make so many anime sims that I stuck em in one neighborhood. :3
Banned
Original Poster
#45 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 9:14 PM
I must confess that I have inappropriate thoughts about an EA developer but I won't say his name because I'm shy.
#46 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 9:25 PM
o0o0 o0o0 is it that one guy in that pic from a diff thread on here? he is cute lol
Banned
Original Poster
#47 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SingleClawDesigns
o0o0 o0o0 is it that one guy in that pic from a diff thread on here? he is cute lol

Yes! :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 12:47 AM
I went on a custom content download binge yesterday.

I don't know why. I guess I got sad thinking about how fan created sims sites eventually die, and I thought "who wants good game performance anyway? I have to SECURELY STORE all this stuff before it DISAPPEARS from the web!"

Oh well, it could have been worse. At least I've dumped everything on an aptly named folder ("Unnecesary download binge") so I know what to delete if I feel guilty. But hey, I got some cool, "necessary" stuff too. So it was sort of worth it.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#49 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nissun
I don't know why. I guess I got sad thinking about how fan created sims sites eventually die, and I thought "who wants good game performance anyway? I have to SECURELY STORE all this stuff before it DISAPPEARS from the web!"

I'm even worse than you, I don't actually have Sims 2 installed any more but I still HAVE to download cool stuff! Today I downloaded this, last week it was some seasons neighbourhood trees. I have several hard drives full of stuff I must reinstall the game to test out, it's like an illness!
Field Researcher
#50 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I'm even worse than you, I don't actually have Sims 2 installed any more but I still HAVE to download cool stuff! Today I downloaded this, last week it was some seasons neighbourhood trees. I have several hard drives full of stuff I must reinstall the game to test out, it's like an illness!

o. o woah, i'm not saying its bad but why would you download stuff when you don't actually play the sims 2 anymore? I mean since you have it uninstalled off your computer?
Page 2 of 3