Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 5:38 AM
Default Anyone can make and autosaver
Hello I'm new here and want to make a petition if is not so much ask for it.
I downloaded some packages i liked it very much thanks to the creators and they work pretty good, but my problem is my game crashes after 1 hour or a little more it restarts my computer without saying an error.
The restart don't come from the package because i had this problem already before it, so I checked all my if it was the Ram nothing, the video card nothing either, so i guess the only option for me is use and auto saver that saves my game every 10 minutes or something because it very sunks if you gain a promotion and all goes to the trash because you computer restarts.
My system configuration is AMD Athlon 2.8Ghz, 1.5 Gb Ram, windows xp and 256 of Video Card with directx 9, the graphics work pretty good in low and in medium but the only thing it restarts like i said every hour or so.
I hope someone can help me out with this problem, or make a package would me good too.
Thanks
Advertisement
shiny!
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 6:21 AM
We don't have a request forum.

However, if your computer is restarting that's really not ok. That's potentially very serious and should be fixed before you continue to play.

First off, I need some more specific info on your system specs: http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...312&postcount=2

You should also give your computer a good cleaning. Part of this guide talks about how to clean out your computer for dust, and another part talks about optimizing the operating system (msconfig etc): http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...nboard_Graphics Follow both of those two sections of the guide.

You should also update drivers (including motherboard, video and audio at min) but if you need help with this I'll need the extra system specs.

Once you've done all that, we need to check for overheating. Download and run this program: http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php Leave it running –while- you play the game, and it will automatically record the maximum temperatures. Ideally you want to play -at least- 20minutes, but if your entire computer is restarting you may not be able to play that long. Play as long as you can, but you’ll have to close out before the computer restarts or you’ll lose the info. Screencap the results (print screen and paste into photo program) and post them here.

That should keep you busy for a while and is a good place to start.
Helptato
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 3:14 PM
A autosaver sounds good, but if you have a situation where you shouldn't save, it could be bad for the family.

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 3:29 PM
If you really want an auto-saver for some reason, easy enough to buy a cheap egg timer and set it for 15 minutes and save when it goes off. But if your PC crashes/restarts/freezes enough to make it necessary, you definitely need to fix it - using callistra's suggestions.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 5:29 AM
Thanks Guy I Appreciate the help, like I said I have all drivers updated, that leaves me with two things a windows problem (that I have too with Need for Speed Carbon) or high temperature on my graphic card.
Right now on CPUID my graphic card temperature shows Value 118 Fahrenheit(When the game is minimized), Min 116 Fahrenheit, max 148 Fahrenheit, and When I'm playing it goes up to 136 to 142.
I don't know if this temperature is normal
Here is an image

My pc components are the follow:
Amd Athlon 2.8 Ghz 1 Core
1.5 Gb Ram
256 Mb Video Card Nvidia Gefoure 6200 AGP
Windows XP
Thanks
shiny!
retired moderator
#6 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 5:52 AM
Your temps are great. Your CPU temps are not showing, but that's pretty common on mainstream desktops (like Dell). Unfortunately there is no actual way to tell the CPU temp without purchasing some extra hardware. Considering how good the rest of your temps are, your CPU is prob ok unless the heatsink just isn't situated properly. Definitely getting good airflow.

However, your rail voltages look really unstable. They're all over the place and definitely way outside of ok. If those readings are accurate, your problem is probably your power supply. Locking up and restarting can be a power supply problem. I would recommend replacing the power supply asap. Hopefully that'll be enough to fix this. CPU overheating can also cause restarts, but considering the rail fluctuations the power supply is your best bet at this point. At any rate, it definitely needs to be replaced if those readings are true.

A lot of prebuilt computers have restrictions on what power supply you can install, if you need help with this I need to know the manufacturer and model of the computer. You can find that by following the link I provided above on how to determine your system specs.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 6:13 PM
I Fixed the problem one of my ram was working at 300 MHz of frequency and the other two at 333 MHz as result my game restarted every 1 hour or a little more so i lowered the 333 MHz frequency from the rams to 300 in the bios and I fix the problem

Thanks for all you help guys specially Callistra