Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Aug 2016 at 8:40 PM
Default Overwatch and AwesomeMod
I used to have Overwatch installed, primarily to get rid of neighborhood pet adoption, but TS2 aging in AwesomeMod does not work if it is installed. I was wondering if there was a way to make them work together by changing the settings. Twallan warned about the possibility of this issue arisinghttp://nraas.wikispaces.com/Awesome so I see no point in informing him. If anyone with more knowledge of the workings of settings of Overwatch which I find rather confusing would tell me if it could be done I would appreciate it. I could also provide my AwesomeMod configuration files.

If this thread does not belong here I would apologize and ask a mod to delete/move it ) I am usually rather stupid about things like that :/
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 16th Aug 2016 at 3:05 AM
I do not use Awesome Mod so really do not have an answer for you. Sorry. Twallan has been retired since 2 years ago but there is a Developer on site as well as members with a lot of experience using Overwatch and Awesome over at NRaas. Lots of changes and enhancements with the mods at NRaas over the past couple of years. You might want to consider posting over there where Overwatch lives. You need to register to post but its quick and painless If you are interested please see Becoming A Member On This Page
Field Researcher
#3 Old 16th Aug 2016 at 10:37 PM
Have you considered using Story Progression and Master Controller from Nraas? You may want to take a look at those two they have tons of ways to customize your game and they work with Awesome Mod. (I absolutely could NOT play sims without AM in my game ty ty Pescado)
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 16th Aug 2016 at 11:49 PM
I can't remember the details, but I think it has to do with that scripting mods take percedence over the script core and is overwriting whatever the core or any core mod such as AM do. Overwatch has its own aging manager scripts and in order to retain AM's aging settings this manager would have to be disabled. I asked this a long time ago at NRaas and the answer was roughly that this is not going to happen because a lot of Overwatch functionality is dependent on its own aging manager.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 1:20 AM
I am not sure if anything has changed but based on The Detail On The NRaas Awesome Page Ow may conflict with Awesome alterations to sim aging.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 6:54 AM
I turned the age option OFF in Awesome Mod with the configuration tool so I could use the options from Nraas. Hope that helps.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 10:27 AM
It doesn't make any difference whether you turn AM's aging options off or on. Overwatch completely replaces whatever AwesomeMod does in that respect.