Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#276 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 9:02 PM
Thanks for your comments judges. I didn't expect to have one of my picture featured so it's a great surprise. Congrats to those who get featured too.
Jonesi, I loved that ferry boat picture too. Great work.

I'm looking forward to round 3.
Advertisement
Scholar
#277 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 9:55 PM
Aww thanks Essa & Michele x x
Original Poster
#278 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 10:57 PM
It is a great pic Jonesi

Sorry guys for not posting round three son, It's been a hectic birthday for me but I'm typing R3 as I speak
Original Poster
#279 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 11:36 PM
Default Round Three : Everything English

Ah! the United Kingdom... a land of Fashion and Tradition.

For this round we're in London inmersing ourselves into UK culture.

-*-

TASK ONE: BURBERRY GLAM

Now we're hitting the big leagues girls! For this task Burberry has asked for you gorgeous ladies to model everything Burberry... Coats, hats, eyewear, purses, footwear... if you can wear it and it has the traditional Burberry plaid on it, Burberry wants you to model it for their winterwear campaign.

General Specifications:

Fullbody to face shot

Hair: Your choice.
Wardrobe: Anything, as long as it's Burberry.
Makeup: Natural to dramatic.
Background: Your choice, must be either with snow, rain or visibly winter.
Props: Your choice, must go with the theme. Burberry logo must be visible somewhere in the picture.

Example:

Photo must not be larger or smaller than 650*550 pix or 550*650 pix, but you may link your pictures to a larger counterpart.

NO THUMBNAILS PLEASE

-*-

TASK TWO: ENGLISH LAW OF FASHION

In this task, we're really going to make sure if you are ready to be Miss Versatile. You will be empowering female law enforcers with this task also. Just because you have to wear a uniform doesn't mean you can't look gorgeous in it. You'll be wearing the general UK uniform. Your pose must be fierce but fashionable.

General Specifications:

Fullbody shot

Hair: Your choice.
Wardrobe: UK Police Uniform DOWNLOAD (Make sure you have all necessarry meshes for the accesories)
Makeup: Natural.
Background: Your choice, must be either a cityscape, prison or police station.
Props:UK Police Uniform hat (available with the above download). Other sims (preferably male) can be with you in the picture, but you must be the main focus of your picture.

Photo must not be larger or smaller than 650*550 pix or 550*650 pix, but you may link your pictures to a larger counterpart.

NO THUMBNAILS PLEASE

-*-

Earl Grey Tea

In this task you'll be making an advertisement for Earl Grey Tea. The only parameters for this challenge is that you must be holding a cup of tea and your advert must look homey and warm. The Earl Grey Logo must be visible in the advert.

NO THUMBNAILS PLEASE

-*-

*** ROUND TWO ENDS DECEMBER 3rd AT 6 PM GMT -6 ***
Countdown timer or check your local time here

If you have any questions concerning Round Three guidelines, please feel free to ask.

Lab Assistant
#280 Old 29th Nov 2007 at 12:14 AM
Doh! *smacks head* HOW could I forget the flag!!! *runs head into the wall hundred times over*

I'm surprised I did as well as I did for that round >___> My pictures were lo~ou~us~sy~!!

Thank you for the comments, judges ^^; I totally agree with everything you said! :blush: I'll try to do better... but I don't know how well I do I may have to rush this round, as I may be moving this weekend and won't have access to my desktop if that happens...

Here and back and then again... rinse, lather, repeat...
#281 Old 29th Nov 2007 at 1:02 AM
fire did i lose points for simmerizing? i didnt think photoshopping clothes was simmerizing. i thought it was when u put a sim face on an entire real body and hair? hmmmm im sorry i didnt think i did anything wrong ... (suppose i did hence some bad scores)i just couldnt find any different steward clothes because everyone was using the same thing ... ill read the rules better next time. Thankyou judges for the comments, i hope i get more time to do a better job in round 3 :D
Scholar
#282 Old 29th Nov 2007 at 1:15 AM
Ooo love Round 3!! Was hoping for summat English :D
Lab Assistant
#283 Old 29th Nov 2007 at 7:12 AM
Then we're all still in? No one is leaving?

Essa, clear your PM box. I can't reply, it's full.
#284 Old 29th Nov 2007 at 9:22 AM
happy birthday fire :D
Lab Assistant
#285 Old 29th Nov 2007 at 9:48 AM
Oops I missed that!

Happy Birthday and many more! :baloons: :grouphug:
Theorist
#286 Old 29th Nov 2007 at 11:55 AM
My PM box is empty Michele.
Happy Birthday, Fire.

Round 3 sounds great. Is the mini challenge optional?
#287 Old 29th Nov 2007 at 3:38 PM
Wow, looks fun ^_^ I've definatley got some good ideas.
Thanks for the wonderful comments, judges! I've definatly learned a bit about preportion and presentation
Original Poster
#288 Old 29th Nov 2007 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joanne
fire did i lose points for simmerizing? i didnt think photoshopping clothes was simmerizing. i thought it was when u put a sim face on an entire real body and hair? hmmmm im sorry i didnt think i did anything wrong ... (suppose i did hence some bad scores)i just couldnt find any different steward clothes because everyone was using the same thing ... ill read the rules better next time. Thankyou judges for the comments, i hope i get more time to do a better job in round 3 :D

There was a slight dilemma about your second task jo, the hand looked like a real hand for some, simmerized for others and normal for others. I recieved a couple of pms from some contestants about it, and took matters into consideration. I asked the judges to score at their criteria. Simmerizing merits instant disqualification, but since we're a bit low on contestants and high on dropouts, I first decided to ask the judges to score on half a criteria, then some said that you had drawn the hand, others agreed that it looked like a RL hand, so I asked them to judge at their own criteria, some decided to give full scores, others decided to give half scores. It happens. Then again no one is eliminated due to drop outs, so I doubt it really matters :shrug: you know you have rocking pics and that you're a talented sim artist scores are really redundant when it comes to talent.

Quote: Originally posted by Essa
Round 3 sounds great. Is the mini challenge optional?

Yes it is if you do decide to complete your entry with the mini-challenge you will get up to 5 extra points to your score.

-------------------

I'm glad everyone likes the tasks

Thank you everyone for my birthday wishes
This is kind of special for me as the first cycle of MV was in progress around this time of year last year, and the third round of MV1 was in progress when my birthday came around.... *snif snif* this is the last cycle .... i'm gettig nostalgic Ignore me
Scholar
#289 Old 29th Nov 2007 at 6:29 PM
Default Olivia Ford - Round 3
Task 1

Task 2

Mini Challenge

Original Poster
#290 Old 29th Nov 2007 at 8:22 PM
Looks great Jonesi
Lab Assistant
#291 Old 30th Nov 2007 at 1:12 PM
Default Agostina Deluca R 3
Task 1:

Task 2:

Mini Challenge:
Original Poster
#292 Old 30th Nov 2007 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Michele D
Let me know if we have to have a flag in the pic.

Nope, no flags for this round
Lab Assistant
#293 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 4:45 AM
It's sad to know that some of us made it this far because of all the drop outs! BUT, I like the rounds and having a good time! I'll have the rest of the pics soon.

EDIT:
Never mind, I re-read the mini...........
#294 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 3:20 PM
im sorry fire but im going to have to drop out. im struggling with some RL stuff right now and also i have a lot on my plate with the new forum. im really sorry, but im feeling rather uninspired lately, and im sincerely sorry

thankyou for everything.
#295 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 3:20 PM
Default Evangelise Colins : Round Three :
Please click for bigger, high quality pngs.

Burberry Babe.

Policewoman.

Tea anyone?

Instructor
#296 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 5:36 PM
Joanne, that was pity. You make beutiful pictures.

So far, georgeus picture everyone! You are so creative.

1st place in SimCity's Most Eligible Bachelor 2009
2nd in Wicked/Angel male models
2nd in The Ultimate Maxis Sim Makeover
2nd in Bollywood's Next Idol
3rd in Miss Curves
Original Poster
#297 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 6:03 PM
It is a real pity jo, I was looking forward to seeing your entry... but RL always comes first
Theorist
#298 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 11:39 PM
Default Sable Ford - Round 2 - Status complete
EVERYTHING ENGLISH

Task 1 ~~ Burberry Glam

Task 2 ~~ English Law of Fashion

Mini challenge ~~ Earl Grey Tea

Theorist
#299 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
Fire, can the Burberry ad be B&W?

Well I post it in B&W. Tell me if it's fine. Thanks.
Original Poster
#300 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 11:14 PM
b/w is fine essa. great entry

Leticia and Annika are missing R3 entries. Round three ends tomorrow...

Page 12 of 15