Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#76 Old 8th May 2009 at 1:35 AM
wondeful, miinklespriinkle! I ADORE your username, it cracks me up! A problem though: Their last names need to end with "W" and "Y" respectively, not begin with them. Other than that though, you're fine.

*Edit: To Chibspan - yes, items from the sims2store count as CC. don't not enter because you're going to use a bit of CC. first, check to see if maybe the CC you're thinking of using will not give you the bonus. If you only use hair, skin, eyes, eyebrows, and clothes CC, you still get the bonus point. Also, CC in the background of your pics doesn't count.

*Edit (again): Everybody, I will be posting the requirements for Round I by noon tomorrow, which for those who aren't good at maths, means: Round One will be up in less than 16 hours. Also, don't forget that apps will be open until the end of Round One. Okey-dokie? Judges - Do you want to start judging the applications? Get a head start so it's not such a daunting task the night of the 14th.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 8th May 2009 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jewaukeela
wondeful, miinklespriinkle! I ADORE your username, it cracks me up! A problem though: Their last names need to end with "W" and "Y" respectively, not begin with them. Other than that though, you're fine.

thanks! and sorry about that, read it totally wrong. but fixed =)
Inventor
Original Poster
#78 Old 8th May 2009 at 2:16 AM
Clay's a good name, and Skybrow is great! Hehe. Now I'm wondering... why don't they have the same name?
Test Subject
#79 Old 8th May 2009 at 2:22 AM
lol, because he took on his father's last name oh yeash, i thought this out haha
Inventor
Original Poster
#80 Old 8th May 2009 at 2:32 AM
okay, cool. Only one more app to go! chibspan and betterthanbarbii (if you're still in), we can't wait for your applications!
Field Researcher
#81 Old 8th May 2009 at 4:43 AM
I'm still in, and I'll have my application ready sometime Saturday. I've done as much as I can tonight (made my Sims in Body Shop and came up with some great names and stories) but the rest will have to wait just a little longer. It was really fun making and naming my Sims, I can't wait to get to the picture taking!
Scholar
#82 Old 8th May 2009 at 9:25 AM
Im going to begin judging tonight , it will certainly be hard.
Inventor
Original Poster
#83 Old 8th May 2009 at 11:34 AM
okay chibspan, can't wait to see yours! betterthanbarbii also is making an app. Yay, 10 contestants! :D
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 8th May 2009 at 1:34 PM
Ok going to start looking through them. *squeals with delight, husband gives her a dirty look* LOL!!

I'm going there...but I like it here wherever it is
Inventor
Original Poster
#85 Old 8th May 2009 at 3:35 PM
Default Round One
Okay guys, here's round one! Apps will still be open until the end of Round One, unless we get 20 apps before then, which I doubt...
Anyway, here goes:

Meet Allen and Miranda Price, an older sim couple. They are ready to open up their home and memories to you, so get ready for a wild ride!
Kayden Greene is your second stop on the train, but you know nothing about this mysterious entity. You don't even know if Kayden is a man or a woman. Whoever this person is, they sure are interesting!

Rules for round one:
1. Make Allen and Miranda Price. They may be elders or adults, but make them older than 45. You may use any custom content. Please include at least three pictures: One of the two of them together, and two of their memories. (From years ago or yesterday). Maximum eight in-post pictures, no limit on links.
2. Make Kayden Greene. Kayden must be an adult of any age. Since Kayden is a unisex name, you can make Kayden as a girl or a boy. Kayden may be a full name or a nickname, but if it is a nickname, you must include Kayden's full name. Please include at least two pictures: One where you can see Kayden's face, and a free shot.
3. Kayden and Allen & Miranda do not have to be connected, but they may be.

If everyone gets their entries in by Sunday night, that would be amazing since I'll be without internet Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. However, if that's not possible, it's fine. Judges, please try to get a head start on judging as soon as the round ones start coming in, as we only have 24 hours for judging and extensions right now. Thanks guys! :D
Field Researcher
#86 Old 8th May 2009 at 3:41 PM
I was just looking over everyone's apps and they're all brilliant!
I love how everyone has managed to be creative with names and personalities!
Inventor
Original Poster
#87 Old 8th May 2009 at 5:26 PM
Yes, definitley! Let's hope chibspan and betterthanbarbii follow suit!

Has anyone started their round I yet? I'm curious to see what you thought of making up your own name versus having the names made for you.
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 8th May 2009 at 10:27 PM
I prefered choosing the name myself - it gave me more opportunity to define the character.
Inventor
Original Poster
#89 Old 8th May 2009 at 11:12 PM
I'll try to accommodate that in the next rounds, thanks for the feedback!
#90 Old 8th May 2009 at 11:53 PM
Default Application- aba23
Application- Jayde Meadow and Blacky Mannerly

Jayde Meadow:

Hey you guys! Welcome to my house. My name is Jayde Meadow, I am 23 years young. welcome picture

I just moved out of my parents house into my own little home. Its fantastic, even though it needs some adjustment though, the trash does not magically disappear anymore, the toast in the morning looks more black then brown and when I come home and am mad at the world and so...I toss my bag into the corner as usually and...nothing. Nobody is asking me: "What happened honey? Come on I make you a hot chocolate and then the world is a better place in no time again, you will see." Those are all things my Mom used to do for me. Yes but now I am grown up and ready for life. I just finished my education and am going to be a Teacher. I always loved little kids, as long as I can give them back at the end of the day! So I early decided to become a Teacher and now I am. Wow. I will start after the summer to teach my first 1.Grade class, I am excited. That is my life in short so far and I am curious about the things still to come.

Let me show you my favorite place around here before I have to say goodbye to you. I love this place and I see me sitting right here, using this stone as a sort of table and just relax, correct some little kiddy homework or so isn't that awesome or what?

Blacky Mannerly:

Yes I know the joke. Haha no I am not black haired, I do not have a very dark skin and I also do not have anything else that is black, its just my name that my Mom gave me. I just turned 15. Being 15 is stupid, you are now not a kid anymore but you are no adult either, you are some sort in between. I am going to Sim City Highschool, I am an average student I would say. Yeah I could be much better but I am lazy also, and school is boring. I hate it only because my classmates are holding up the entire process. We still are going over material we should have covered already, just because they still don't get it. I did and that is why I feel bored all the time.

My Mom and I we live alone. My Dad died in a work accident when I was 13. His Job was to climb this super high trees and cut them off, you might have seen that somewhere in movies. Mom always feared that he would fall of a tree. But that did not happen. At one day they were loading cuted trees onto the Trucks. One Truck somehow lost the balance, well it slided a bit downwards a really tiny slope. But since the trees were not buckled yet they were rolling from the Truck and burrying my Dad and two of his colleges. One College had lost a leg, the other was not as unlucky as my Dad. They were both dying in the hospital. Well but Mom and I we are an entity and we are happy that we still have each other.
Scholar
#91 Old 9th May 2009 at 12:35 AM
I just realised that Sawcarn hasn't edited with her female yet.
Test Subject
#92 Old 9th May 2009 at 2:13 AM
ROUND ONE ENTRY

As I finally made it to my next destination on my, soon to be, amazing journey. The couple's name was Allen and Miranda Price. They were a very nice looking couple. As I arrived to their house, they openly welcomed me. Miranda told me that she could sense that I may have been hungry, and insisted that I eat her breakfast. Usually I am very hesitant about eating other's cooking, but the food that she had prepared just looked delicious! Bacon, eggs, toast, oranges, oh my gosh! She basically had everything you would ever want in a breakfast!

After breakfast, they began talking about the day they met, and I was very open with asking them their two favorite memories with each other. This made Miranda go and pull out a book filled with pictures. She turned to the first page.

It was a picture of when they got engaged. She began telling me that he took her to the park, like they had always did, and they ate their favorite food. Which was lemon crisps. After their normal outing, he took her a bit further into the park, and got down on one knee and proposed to her, and she happily said yes!

Her next memory was simply beautiful to me. It was their wedding! She wore a special made dress, while he comfortably wore a tuxedo that he had worn plenty of times. But it was part of their concept. Everyone wore any formal clothes that they were comfortable in, and it was just gorgeous.

But my real reason was to meet Kayden Greene. I had heard a lot about him, and my friend says he's nice. But I had never met him.

As I looked up from the photo album, I saw a guy walk through the door. "Hey! I guess you are the person we have been waiting for. Well, I'm -" I was super excited to meet him, "I know who you are Kayden. " I said confidently. He laughed softly, "Actually, Miss, I am, her sister, Jordan" he said nodding, as he pointed to his sister, Kayden, who had just walked through the door.

The two looked like twins to me! "Oh, I am soo sorry Jordan, it's just that I am used to Kayden being a male's name" he gave me a small hug, "It's okay, I understand" After he left, Kayden and I talked for a good while, but she told me that she an Jordan were indeed twins. She was the baby, but only by three minutes.

After we talked, we both went outside to go fishing. The family owened a fishing market, and they wanted to show me what the typical life was like. Have I ever went fishing before? Not at all.
Inventor
Original Poster
#93 Old 9th May 2009 at 3:06 AM
great, a round one! I love your app, aba. Yay! 10 contestants!
Field Researcher
#94 Old 9th May 2009 at 4:33 PM
Default Round 1-Allen & Miranda Price, Kayden Greene
Allen and Miranda Price are both 60 years old. They have an adopted daughter Kayden Greene. She was adopted when she was 7 years old. She was a handful for the longest time, but now that she is an adult she has mellowed out and has learned that her adopted parents are the best parents that she has ever had. Allen and Miranda have been married 30 years now. They were dating for five years before that so, all together they have been together for 35 years or since they were 25 years old. They love their daughter but they didn't take pictures of her when they first got her. She was living on the streets and had cuts and bruises all over her body. They felt it was a time that she might want to forget so they felt that not taking pictures of that would help.
Inventor
Original Poster
#95 Old 9th May 2009 at 5:52 PM
Wow! Stunning! I'm adding it now, good job!
Field Researcher
#96 Old 9th May 2009 at 6:54 PM
Right now I'm hating my graphics card, so I'll update this post with the rest of my pictures when I've cooled off. ^_~

Janessa Hwithloew

I can see it now, my future. I'm destined to become a great dancer you know. My name up in lights, "Janessa Hwithloew - Queen of Interpretive Dance - Sold Out Performance Tonight!" That's my dream and I won't let anything get in my way.

Right now, though, I haven't made it to center stage. My teacher says that I've got natural talent, but I need to work harder to outshine Violet, my dance academy's current star pupil.

I can do it! My best friend, Marie, and I both spend most of our free time at the gym. I know that having more strength and stamina will boost me to the top in no time.

Blanton Langley

You want a word of advice? Fine, I'll give it to ya. Mommas, don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys. It's not the life that's cut out for good little boys.

It's a vile life, but it's the life I love. Gambling, fighting, and flirting with the ladies. And the ladies can't get enough of me. I must be my rugged good looks and my "bad boy" charm. Every woman is just dying to get hurt.

Because, there is just one lady for me. A good old gall, my horse Sally. She's out at the doc's place at the moment, getting that old knee of hers looked at. But I'll be right here, at her barn, waiting for her safe return.
Inventor
Original Poster
#97 Old 9th May 2009 at 7:04 PM
wow chibspan! just wow! I'll add this in a minute! :D
Field Researcher
#98 Old 9th May 2009 at 8:06 PM
Oh wow, the prize Sims look great! And thanks jewaukeela! Sorry it's taking me so long to finish my application, when I play the game too long my game crashes, because something is wrong with my graphics card. I'll absolutely have it done well before the 14th (probably on Sunday, actually) though (that's when the application round ends, right?).
Inventor
Original Poster
#99 Old 9th May 2009 at 9:49 PM
yep! I love what's going on now, and I can't wait to see what he looks like! don't forget that your round one is due on the 14th, too.
#100 Old 10th May 2009 at 7:33 AM
Default Application
Jane Witherwood
Hey, my name is Jane Witherwood, I’m 23 and I was born in Houston, TX on April 3rd. I work in a nursing home on weekends and as a nurse in a hospital on week days. I’m not a big fan of the outdoors so you could say I’m a bit of a book worm actually but at least I enjoy reading! I also enjoy swimming, ping-pong and making desserts!

EDIT:
Blake Youngblood
(sorry if these pictures are smaller then the ones above, at first I planned on making them bigger, but then it might take too much time to load, so I made em smaller)
Hi! My names Blake Youngblood, personally I don't exactly like the idea of having a last name about blood, but oh well! I work as a golf caddy at Bayville Resorts Hotel and am 26 years old! I was born in Toronto and raised by my Aunt and Uncle after my parents died when I was 3. My hobbies are billiards, and watching sports! I always wanted to be a Doctor, but I couldn't afford medical school so my next job is a Teacher, but no positions have come up yet so I'm waiting, and waiting.

I'll have round one up in a day or two!

Page 4 of 12