Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 1:14 AM Last edited by Elexis : 5th Apr 2011 at 1:53 AM.
Morphs issue on custom clothing mesh
Hello,
I've created fully custom clothing (top) and everything works just fine, except morphs. I made all morphs carefully using a base game mesh morphs as a reference. Bone assignments are just fine and morphs look good in Milshape. But when my mesh is imported into the game, morphs just "explode" when I move fat/thin/fit sliders. I tried with MorphMaker and Workshop, but it all ends up with freaky looking morph states in game. ANY help will be very appreciate.
Screenshots

For more Sims 3 stuff by me - visit Ace Creators
My FB Fan page - Elexis's Sims Stuff
My Simblr - ElexisSims
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 4:49 AM
If correctly done the morphs are duplicates from the base mesh?
Is the base mesh a combination of 2 or more basegame meshes?(Frenkensteined)
If so you need to renumber the vertID's before exporting, you find Wes H his autonumtool here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=369285 post#17

Then make new Bgeo files with the morphs using BMM

If the mesh is not a combination of other meshes you still can use the autonumtool to check if base mesh and morphs are identical(autonumtool will give a error if not)
If autonumtool works fine then the problems lays within the Bgeo files
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 6:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
If correctly done the morphs are duplicates from the base mesh?
Is the base mesh a combination of 2 or more basegame meshes?(Frenkensteined)
If so you need to renumber the vertID's before exporting, you find Wes H his autonumtool here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=369285 post#17

Then make new Bgeo files with the morphs using BMM

If the mesh is not a combination of other meshes you still can use the autonumtool to check if base mesh and morphs are identical(autonumtool will give a error if not)
If autonumtool works fine then the problems lays within the Bgeo files

Yes, morphs are duplicates from base mesh.
And yes, it's a combination of duplicated elements of the same mesh. Arms and neck are unchanged parts from the naked outfit (base game), the shirt itself is duplicated and reshaped (with reassigned bones) part of the same mesh on top of it.
Autonumtool gives me an error: "Face 2520 point 0 index 1656 does not match base index 1927". Any suggestions what to do?
Screenshots

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 6:29 AM
then there are diffrences between the base and morphs
Check the polycount on all 4(or 5) with the polycount selecter in the tool menu, see if they match.
This usually happens when you try to combine morphs into one mesh but as you said, you didn't combine those....
The only thing i can think off is that you accidently snapped or welded a vert/face

edit,

Try deleting a few morphs and find out wich morph gives the error
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 6:39 AM
then there are diffrences between the base and morphs
Check the polycount on all 4(or 5) with the polycount selecter in the tool menu, see if they match.

Poly count is the same. 2 of 4 morphs have different count of vertices (first one has 1 more than base and second has 2 more). The number of distinct vertices is different too, but that difference is a lot bigger.

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 7:53 AM
They all should be the same...if you made duplicates.
so somehow they got messed up.
You could try using the model cleaner but i doubt if it will fix it.
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 8:03 AM
They all should be the same...if you made duplicates.
so somehow they got messed up.
You could try using the model cleaner but i doubt if it will fix it.

This could happened because I've edited them many times after duplicating, some vertices were welded and unwelded while I was fixing some mapping issues.
Heh, that means I need to make new morphs again Is there any quicker way to make morphs than moving vertices one by one to fit new morph states?

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Sockpuppet
#8 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 10:21 AM Last edited by BloomsBase : 5th Apr 2011 at 10:37 AM.
I made some attempts to make a set of morph magnets for Poser but failed, i need someone who has done this before....

there is a way to combine morphs but only from 2 other meshes, not more.
You clone a fullbody Formaldress(forgot the name...redshortskirteddress) wich has 2 meshgroups
You set it as top and link the textures also to toptextures(base/mask/normalmap and spec you prolly use your custom ones)
Just relink the partmask to existing top(texture)

In one meshgroup you load your one mesh and remove the parts you dont want(on both basemesh and morphs)
The 2nd meshgroup contains usually a few fingers, delete the morphs for the fingers and load your 2nd mesh(with morphs) in it.
You can duplicate the fingers and regroup them with other morphs, just do NOT regroup morph and morph, it just wont work..

Best is to load all meshes and morphs in Milkshape(total of 8 when starting, + the fingers)
Still tricky wich parts to delete (especially on the fatmorph) but thats the way how i combine 2 diffrent meshes into one.
Just do NOT regroup them.

The same method is already used by people who created a fullbodyoutfit from seperate tops and bottoms

Another methode i use, depending how complicated the parts are is to use as much from one top and load it in one meshgroup.
then make the 2nd meshgroup with custom parts from several other meshes(no morphs), duplicate them for the morphs and make it fit the 1st group.
Lol, does this still make sence?

The screeny shows a sweater, the sleeves and bodypart are still basegame loaded in one meshgroup(deleted the neck area on both base and morphs)
The cowlneck i took from a sims2 mesh, regrouped it with the fingers and edited to fit the base mesh from the first group.(divided faces/added verts etc etc)
Then i duplicated it 4 times and scaled those duplicates to fit the morphs in the first meshgroup.
Believe me if i say i tried it more then 30 times to regroup the cowlneck with the rest of the outfit, with tons of errors...
Wes tried to explain me at the time but stuborn as i was.... it was always possible in sims2 why not in sims 3??
But GEOM meshes(and especially the morphs) are build diffrent, combining them is asking for trouble....

Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 10:31 PM
there is a way to combine morphs but only from 2 other meshes, not more.
You clone a fullbody Formaldress(forgot the name...redshortskirteddress) wich has 2 meshgroups
You set it as top and link the textures also to toptextures(base/mask/normalmap and spec you prolly use your custom ones)
Just relink the partmask to existing top(texture)

In one meshgroup you load your one mesh and remove the parts you dont want(on both basemesh and morphs)
The 2nd meshgroup contains usually a few fingers, delete the morphs for the fingers and load your 2nd mesh(with morphs) in it.
You can duplicate the fingers and regroup them with other morphs, just do NOT regroup morph and morph, it just wont work..

Best is to load all meshes and morphs in Milkshape(total of 8 when starting, + the fingers)
Still tricky wich parts to delete (especially on the fatmorph) but thats the way how i combine 2 diffrent meshes into one.
Just do NOT regroup them.

The same method is already used by people who created a fullbodyoutfit from seperate tops and bottoms

Another methode i use, depending how complicated the parts are is to use as much from one top and load it in one meshgroup.
then make the 2nd meshgroup with custom parts from several other meshes(no morphs), duplicate them for the morphs and make it fit the 1st group.
Lol, does this still make sence?

The screeny shows a sweater, the sleeves and bodypart are still basegame loaded in one meshgroup(deleted the neck area on both base and morphs)
The cowlneck i took from a sims2 mesh, regrouped it with the fingers and edited to fit the base mesh from the first group.(divided faces/added verts etc etc)
Then i duplicated it 4 times and scaled those duplicates to fit the morphs in the first meshgroup.
Believe me if i say i tried it more then 30 times to regroup the cowlneck with the rest of the outfit, with tons of errors...
Wes tried to explain me at the time but stuborn as i was.... it was always possible in sims2 why not in sims 3??
But GEOM meshes(and especially the morphs) are build diffrent, combining them is asking for trouble....

Sounds complicated, but I'll try. Thanks

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 10:35 AM
I'm totally confused now, I just remade all morphs from the duplicates and I haven't welded any vertexes, but the Autonum tool gives me the same error. When I check every part of my custom mesh separately, it shows that everything is fine, but when I check the whole mesh, it shows me 2 more vertexes on each morph. There are 3 parts on my mesh, hand and neck (unchanged from base game), shirt on top of it (custom) and a seam between them (it creates an effect that my shirt has thickness). I tried this time with Workshop, cause it's a bit more time saving. Is there any way to make them work?

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Sockpuppet
#11 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 11:20 AM
can you upload the mesh?
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 12:00 PM Last edited by Elexis : 6th Apr 2011 at 5:16 PM.
can you upload the mesh?

Here it is. All morphs in separate files. Reply as soon as you download it, so I can delete the .rar file from this post.

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Sockpuppet
#13 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 5:08 PM
i have it
Sockpuppet
#14 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 5:29 PM
Are you using CTU or TSRW?(GEOM or WSO importer?)
I cant tell because the skeleton seems to be messed up
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 5:30 PM
Are you using CTU or TSRW?(GEOM or WSO importer?)
I cant tell because the skeleton seems to be messed up

This mesh was extracted with WSO. Whats wrong with the skeleton?

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Sockpuppet
#16 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 6:05 PM
You accidently moved it, its no longer at X0.Z0.Y0
Buts that aint a problem,
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 6:18 PM
You accidently moved it, its no longer at X0.Z0.Y0
Buts that aint a problem,

Then maybe you know what is the actual problem here? Even if it's impossible to fix, I would like to know what it is.
I know, I'm not good at meshing clothing, but it's my first one for Sims 3, so it is good lesson for me

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Sockpuppet
#18 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 6:21 PM
its a very nice mesh but i need to reinstall the sims 3 and TSRW due a harddisk failure before i can test some things
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 9:08 PM
its a very nice mesh but i need to reinstall the sims 3 and TSRW due a harddisk failure before i can test some things

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. Inform me later if you find something.

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Sockpuppet
#20 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 11:33 PM Last edited by BloomsBase : 6th Apr 2011 at 11:45 PM.
i have seen all 3 meshes as seperates in CAS and all 3 worked on the sliders, hopefully you can regroup atleast 2.
There is another problem i noticed tho, the bodyfile is mapped correct while the waist and string are only UVmapped in halves(wich doesn't work in sims 3)
Ill try to see if i can regroup atleast 2 out of 3 and test again tomorrow.

Another thing you should avoid is merging meshes together as each time you do that you bring its skelton, you now have 3 or 4 duplicate joints.
Its better to use the imp/exporter
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 6:06 AM
i have seen all 3 meshes as seperates in CAS and all 3 worked on the sliders, hopefully you can regroup atleast 2.
There is another problem i noticed tho, the bodyfile is mapped correct while the waist and string are only UVmapped in halves(wich doesn't work in sims 3)
Ill try to see if i can regroup atleast 2 out of 3 and test again tomorrow.

Another thing you should avoid is merging meshes together as each time you do that you bring its skelton, you now have 3 or 4 duplicate joints.
Its better to use the imp/exporter

Oh, thanks for pointing this out. But my mapping works fine in game, I've mapped my mesh in an unusual way, cause I needed a bit "different looking" textures. This shirt conflicts with few bottoms, because it's mapped on that part of the texture which is used by some of them (only those bottoms, which have their extra parts mapped there). But in other cases it's fine. The only thing is bothering me, that I sent you my mesh with welded seams on the sides, this actually causes deformation on uv map in game. But once they are unwelded, everything looks fine (see screenshot).

Another important thing, this shirt is created for specific usage, not for sharing. This is part of my Tomb Raider Collection for storytelling, so that issue with bottoms really doesn't matter to me. Unless if it's possible to make morphs work, then I may consider the possibility to share it (for those, who are ok with bottoms).

Anyway, thank you for your time helping me, and if it's possible to regroup them, then I'll be the happiest person in the world
Screenshots

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Sockpuppet
#22 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 9:31 AM Last edited by BloomsBase : 7th Apr 2011 at 9:42 AM.
I took the afBodyDressTight_halter and set it as top, loaded toptextures in it and gave all lods a blanc normalmap.

Regrouped the body with the strings, then loaded it in the first group in TSRW
Loaded the belly part in the 2nd group and the mesh(sliders) worked fine in CAS exept the shadow issues because the left and right side are sharing the same spot on the uvmap.
Here is the WRK file if you want it.
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 9:40 AM
I took the afBodyDressTight_halter and set it as top, loaded toptextures in it and gave all lods a blanc normalmap.

Regrouped the body with the strings, then loaded it in the first group in TSRW
Loaded the belly part in the 2nd group and the mesh(sliders) worked fine in CAS exept the shadow issues because the left and right side are sharing the same spot on the uvmap.
Here is the WRK file if you want it.

Thank you! I'll test it right away

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 1:07 PM
Thank Bloom
The only thing that now I need to fix is uv map, it got messed up somehow. I don't know how to split the seams now

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Sockpuppet
#25 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 1:14 PM Last edited by BloomsBase : 8th Apr 2011 at 3:18 PM.
yes, you have to remap the parts
Its not that much work tho, you only have to map the basemesh but in order to map the front and back seperate you have to regroup the basemesh into seperates first.
When doing that the base mesh will be diffrent then the morphs, so you have to splitup those also.
The morphs you dont have to uvmap, after splitting them up you can regroup them back right after.
Here is the shirt reuvmapped, very roughly tho, you need to reposition and scale it to your likings.
Haven't tested it tho, i make mistakes too
The strings are alot more work, ill see wat i can do later.
Page 1 of 2