Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Dec 2016 at 11:20 PM
Default The Sims 2 University in a Nutshell
*After making a(some) sim(s)*. Wait... how much money do I have?
*Just arrived* What do we need to do now! Study? Ok. Let's claim the best room and be mean to all the other students.
*2 sim hours later* COME ON FINISH WRITING YOUR TERM PAPERrolleyes:!
*Dinnertime* STOP TALKING TO THAT SIM AND FINISH YOUR FOOD! IT HAS BEEN AN HOUR SINCE YOU'VE TAKEN A BITE!
*In claimed room* HOW DID YOU GET IN HERE! I need to sleep so GET OUT!
*Just came back from class* WHY IS YOUR FUN NEED LOW! You're a knowledge sim! School should be fun for you!
*Eating Breakfast with low energy* STOP FALLING ASLEEP IN YOUR FOOD! We got class in a few hours! DRINK SOME COFFEE! .Great my sim starved because he/she was too tired to eat! *reset*
*The Cow mascot came (So triggered!)* Oh hello! Wait... what are you doing? A semester later... STOP CALLING ME!!!
*Professors come over* STOP RINGING THAT ****ING DOORBELL! My sim is trying to sleep! I didn't even invite them over, in fact, they aren't even my professors...
*Good and Bad Mascots fight* YES ! GO AND KICK HIS ***!
The Sims 3 University Life was better than this...
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 12:02 AM
Sounds like you need some mods.

1. make money by working in cafetiere.

2. No need for a term paper unless the sim wants to. Also if the bar is not open (by having the needed skills) doing the term paper counts for nothing.

3. You can mod it so they eat more and talk less but this is also dependent on your sims personality. If you made him neat and socal he/she will take longer over meals.

4. You need to lock the door. Just click and lock it.

5. His fun is low from doing that term paper.

6. he is tired because the free dorm room bed is cr@p. Buy a better bed.

7. There are mods to stop the cow

8.Use a mod so the doorbell does not wake them up. Make sure to use the mod only one professor to reduce their numbers.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 1:06 AM
It's not the EP's fault you're not managing resources or exploring your options. There's a lot of fun to be had at University. Even without mods.

Jo, it's too late to mod out the professors on this campus - he's stuck with the ones he has.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 1:49 AM
I don't think so, the game produces two professors every time a sim starts a new major doesn't it?

Playing sims 2 takes some time to learn the tips and tricks. It's not as easy as sims 3, it takes some skill, some observing.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 1:52 AM
They do in a new college, but I think the premades ship with existing ones. I could be wrong. I never pay any attention to the professors. Even without the mod, only one of them ever comes around, in my experience.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#6 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 2:37 AM
I don't think it matters how many professors you have; one of them will always show up (usually the same one) to help your sims with grades and assignments, etc. The game sends him/her around like it sends that coach who tries to get everyone to exercise.

Anyway, to the OP, you forgot about the walking. You know, that slow stroll YAs do to get anywhere and takes twice as long as the normal sim walk. And ACR dormie drama. There's always one poor soul who thinks the sim he/she is hooking up with isn't sleeping around with anyone else and it's only a matter of time before all hell breaks lose. Then it's three years of dodging brawls in the common areas.

And TS3 has its own problems like constantly being invited to parties where everyone is tired and complains; not having enough time to do anything let alone having enough time to have a social life, get perfect grades, and a full night's sleep; assigning too many sims per dorm; having a bed ownership system instead of a room ownership system (if my sim claims a double bed, game, obviously she's claiming the whole bed. And no, she doesn't want to take turns sleeping in it, or share it with some smelly dormie ); and having no cafeteria worker (who thought letting a dorm full of sims use the stove was a good idea? And why is my sim responsible for cleaning up after everyone?)

So yeah, TS3 UL ain't perfect either, imo.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 2:43 AM
Mod out the stroll. Mod, mod, mod, mod, mod. Everything and all things mod! I have my game modded to within an inch of its life.

ACR is also a mod, so you only have drama from that because you put it in!

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 3:19 AM
The University stroll is in keeping with the relaxed pace of the lifestage. You couldn't pay me to mod that thing out.

I've never once had a professor help with grades, probably because I ignore them. If that's what they're there for (I always figured they were lonesome) they're not nearly as aggressive about it as coaches. It's not like you need any help to get good grades.

Scholar
#9 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 3:22 AM
Seriously, how do I get rid of that stupid coach???
Mad Poster
#10 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 3:48 AM
Visitor Controller- It has a ban Uni NPCs option which does as it says. It bans the Coach, Llama, Cow, Cheerleader, etc.

I forget what mod I have that completely nukes the profession visiting and another to stop the stupid Sim met professor crap.

Sims 3 University Life drove me up the wall, especially the Social Groups. God those things annoyed me. That was the first time I uninstalled an EP out of rage. At the time there were no mods to stop the Social Groups, and I couldn't stand to play with them in. I believe that there may be mods now for them but I refuse to re-install it.

If I'm in the mood to do University I prefer Sims 2.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 4:21 AM
My own approach to the coach is to influence him or her to clean. And personally I'd never mod any of them out - it's so hilarious when they come do their bits in the "first woohoo" video!

They even have uses. When using a rule about only directing skilling for certain activating wants (a want for a skill point, a want to do a skill-related thing, a want to make dean's list, etc.), the coach can motivate autonomous body skilling in cases that otherwise would never get one.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 4:49 AM
The professor of your class can increase the students bar. Talk to him or if you want a real boost, sleep with him.

I like to coach because for some sims its the only way they get any exercise.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#13 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 9:41 AM
A tale of college:

Well, let's check out how sim life in the dorms is...

FLIES EVERYWHERE, THAT STUPID COW SET OFF THE SPRINKLERS AGAIN, STUPID COACH STOPS ME FROM DOING MY ASSINGMENT, THE TOILETS ARE FULL OF MOLD!

So... pretty much like my real life experience then? Okay, time to solve the problem in the exact same way: move out.

Ah, lockable doors. The best addition to the base game ever.
During a thunderstorm, lightning strikes the porch, setting it on fire, right before the rain stops. Panicked sims run out and get stuck on the porch. The fireman gets stuck on the porch. Everyone dies.
The cow mascot really wants to go inside, so she blocks the porch for hours, spawning term papers in the house and blocking any sim from leaving. There's a back door, but you have to manually move sims and they'll bolt for the front door half the time anyway.

Okay, time to rebuild the college houses with bigger porches.

Now everything is fine, except for the exploding llamas.
Instructor
#14 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 9:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
... time to rebuild the college houses ...

With a fence and locked gate(s). I only ever see the Uni NPC's on my Greek House lot

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
just a girl
#15 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 10:33 AM
Bigger porches lesson learned. Once my students had a really small porch, one tile only. One night a secret society member came to abduct my sim, and on the way out of the house two sims got stuck at the front door blocking each other. No one could move. And it was a couple of hours before the finals! I sat back and watched, laughing and worrying at the same time. Secret society member finaly vanished by morning, but my sim remained handcuffed. She missed her final exam, but fortunately had high enough rating to graduate AND brothers to take her home.
Instructor
#16 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 11:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
its the only way they get any exercise.

Unless they're sleeping with the professor

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 11:04 AM
Oh, you funny.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#18 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 11:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alljoj
Seriously, how do I get rid of that stupid coach???

Build your kids a swimming pool and let them swim every morning before school - boosts their fun, keeps them out of trouble, and they'll have a body skill of 4 by the time they're teens / go to Uni. Think I've only ever seen the coach once, and that was for a complete slob of a made playable dormie - presumably they don't turn up if your Sims are already fit (health-wise, not to look at)

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 3:33 PM
Put the sprinkler directly above the stove, than nobody can reach it

I´m not a native english speaker.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 5:06 PM
I've seen coaches walk right past fat sims to yell at fit ones. Their selection of victims is random.

Not only can the cow not get at the sprinkler, they're visibly distressed by the fact, which is always satisfying. They can't reach sprinklers directly above fireplace mantels, train sets, or computers, either, and I'm sure there's a location that's good for a sprinkler in that dorm with the modern metal fireplace. However, I leave it alone in that dorm, because the puddles are good for cleaning practice.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#21 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 9:45 PM
I like seeing the cow creating havoc and turning on the sprinkler. Probably because I don't have ACR to create drama, I enjoy the drama that comes with the game more than many other players it seems.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#22 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I like seeing the cow creating havoc and turning on the sprinkler. Probably because I don't have ACR to create drama, I enjoy the drama that comes with the game more than many other players it seems.

Yeah, I have to say, I do prefer the ACR drama. My sims have enough puddles to clean up in the bathrooms, tyvm.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Scholar
#23 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 12:12 AM
ACR drama is hilarious, it's half the reason why I installed it.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 9:52 AM
I like the cow, too. Not so keen on the cheerleader, but hey. If one of them gets too annoying, I can always zap them, or even smite them (but that's rare). (No, really, it's rare; I'm not *that* bad).
Mad Poster
#25 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 7:29 PM
The professor who keeps showing up to your dorm and ringing the doorbell is probably a Drama professor. They're programmed to have "behavioral problems." Unless modded, the Drama professors are always immediately 100/100 +crush +love toward anybody they meet. This makes them receptive to all social interactions you choose to perform with them and creates the potential for a lot of drama. I don't remember whether they're always Romance sims though. I'm pretty sure that I've never seen any of the non-Drama professors act this way.
Page 1 of 2