Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 11:27 AM
Default Everybody in Sunset Valley getting fat?
Hey folks! This is my first time playing TS3 (and hence first time over at the TS3 forums) ever, so please be kind of my potential noob-ness when it comes to this game. I've had this game for about two days now and I'm just wondering... is it normal that the vast majority of the townies/unplayable population gets obese within the span of 2-3 sim-weeks?

The funny thing is that this keeps especially happening to Gen2/3-ers, i.e those who were unborn/toddlers/children/teens when I first started the game. Seriously, I keep running into fat Mortimer, fat Bella & Michael, fat Malcolm Landgraab, fat Holly Alto, and so on... even Jared Frio's unborn kid, who's now a teen, is fat. I don't especially mind, but it's just a little funny to me. Is there anything specific triggering it, or does the game just pick who to get fat at random? If so, is there any way of controlling it?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 11:37 AM
I had that problem with my game, too. It may have been fixed with a patch or later expansion, but don't quote me. In any case, random weight gain by Sims I'm not playing does not happen very often. Outside of a patch or expansion, playing your Sim at the ocean, pool, or gym, encourages other Sims to work out so that they can manage their weight better.

There's a cheat to change the appearance of any Sim, whether you control that Sim or not. Open the cheat window and type "testingcheatsenabled true", then shift while right-clicking on the Sim you want to change. You'll have an option to edit the Sim in CAS. At least, I think that's the sequence. It's been a while since I've done it. Hopefully, someone will chime in and verify or correct it.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SnowyDreams
The funny thing is that this keeps especially happening to Gen2/3-ers, i.e those who were unborn/toddlers/children/teens when I first started the game. Seriously, I keep running into fat Mortimer, fat Bella & Michael, fat Malcolm Landgraab, fat Holly Alto, and so on... even Jared Frio's unborn kid, who's now a teen, is fat. I don't especially mind, but it's just a little funny to me. Is there anything specific triggering it, or does the game just pick who to get fat at random? If so, is there any way of controlling it?

Malcolm Landgraab always ages up hefty. If you look at him as a child, he is already somewhat plump, but it becomes more obvious once he ages to teen. The Ursine/Frio child will also be fat if she inherits her mother's figure and not Jared's weight slider.

The others should not that big, though. Do you have any of the premium content like the ice cream maker, deep fryer, or chocolate fountain installed and out in the world on a community lot? Sims will go to those for fun as well as hunger needs, and eat and eat and eat, if they're available. I even had a simbot that wouldn't stop eating from the ice cream maker once. Oh, the Monte Vista pizza oven will get sims using it often, too. I have a community lot where I've got a pizzeria styled building along with the consignment store, a mini laundromat, and a nerd shop, and there's usually stuff that random sims cooked in the pizza oven sitting out. I don't have the fat sim problem, but I use NRaas story progression, so I don't know if it has something to stop mindless munching.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheezey
Malcolm Landgraab always ages up hefty. If you look at him as a child, he is already somewhat plump, but it becomes more obvious once he ages to teen. The Ursine/Frio child will also be fat if she inherits her mother's figure and not Jared's weight slider.

The others should not that big, though. Do you have any of the premium content like the ice cream maker, deep fryer, or chocolate fountain installed and out in the world on a community lot? Sims will go to those for fun as well as hunger needs, and eat and eat and eat, if they're available. I even had a simbot that wouldn't stop eating from the ice cream maker once. Oh, the Monte Vista pizza oven will get sims using it often, too. I have a community lot where I've got a pizzeria styled building along with the consignment store, a mini laundromat, and a nerd shop, and there's usually stuff that random sims cooked in the pizza oven sitting out. I don't have the fat sim problem, but I use NRaas story progression, so I don't know if it has something to stop mindless munching.

In other words, "If you build it, they will nom."
Scholar
#5 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 4:01 PM
That only happened to Malcolm Landgraab in my game; everyone else came out average weight
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheezey
Do you have any of the premium content like the ice cream maker, deep fryer, or chocolate fountain installed and out in the world on a community lot?

Nope, I'm currently playing base game only with no CC or store content at all, just to get a general feel for the game. But thanks for the heads-up, I'll keep that in mind if I ever get around to installing them :P

Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I had that problem with my game, too. It may have been fixed with a patch or later expansion, but don't quote me. In any case, random weight gain by Sims I'm not playing does not happen very often. Outside of a patch or expansion, playing your Sim at the ocean, pool, or gym, encourages other Sims to work out so that they can manage their weight better.

Ah, that's probably the reason why -- I'm currently playing an Ambitious Bookworm sim and exploring the social interactions, so I haven't spent much time hanging around the pool or the gym. I do head for the beach occasionally though, but for some reason I don't see people swim all that often. The only time I've seen people getting into the water was when I tried to hold a beachside wedding and all my guests thought it'd be more interesting to go swimming for the entire duration of the party instead. xD
Mad Poster
#7 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SnowyDreams
Ah, that's probably the reason why -- I'm currently playing an Ambitious Bookworm sim and exploring the social interactions, so I haven't spent much time hanging around the pool or the gym. I do head for the beach occasionally though, but for some reason I don't see people swim all that often. The only time I've seen people getting into the water was when I tried to hold a beachside wedding and all my guests thought it'd be more interesting to go swimming for the entire duration of the party instead. xD
You can read at the beach or the pool. I do that with my Sims sometimes. It's good to get out of the house

The CAS cheat is nice for instant slimming of many Sims.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 1:57 PM
I used to find that using the CAS cheat would reset a Sim's "days until aging up", so I just use MasterController to edit a sim in CAS.