Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

1 Tile Sized Colonial Door centred on 2 Tiles Maxis Match

by leefish Posted 1st Dec 2008 at 2:11 PM - Updated 7th Jul 2011 at 11:18 AM by leesester : reloaded

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
#2 Old 1st Dec 2008 at 2:50 PM
these are really beautiful, thank you
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 1st Dec 2008 at 2:56 PM
These are really nice, Thanks and can't wait to see what else you'll make

Would you mind if I made a suggestion if you have nothing else your working on?
If you don't mind, I think that a half size La Fenêtre Window would be nice for this collection you've made.

Also where did you find that little window that mates the colonial window?

Now Taking Requests for House's and Paintings! Downloads also at simbology.com
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Dec 2008 at 3:02 PM
Hi, thank you for the compliment - if you want to see my next big project take a look in my journal...regarding the half size la Fenetre Window tbudgett has done a MAGNIFICENT set of la fenetre windows - the couple I made were just extra extras.

and the little window is mine, but the UV mapping is not good enough for release, and it is delayed by the big project - well spotted by the way - I did not notice that was in the shot!

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Field Researcher
#5 Old 1st Dec 2008 at 3:23 PM
yay - thank you :lovestruc
Looking forward to your project!
Forum Resident
#6 Old 1st Dec 2008 at 5:20 PM
Please forgive my ignorance... two questions. Does the door function normally, will sims use it and is it animated, or will sims simply walk right through? Thanks!

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Theorist
#7 Old 1st Dec 2008 at 5:34 PM
This is great and will come in very useful, thank you!!!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 1st Dec 2008 at 5:43 PM
You have taken on some great and useful projects!! Thanks for your creativity and generosity in sharing with use! I love this set of windows/doors and will use your additions constantly!! Thanks!! And thanks for making them match! I can't tell you how enraged I get at Maxis about nothing matching correctly...oops, rant coming...thanks again!!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 1st Dec 2008 at 10:31 PM
Oh, this is just perfect! Thank you!

Live. Laugh. Love. Sim.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 2nd Dec 2008 at 12:18 AM
I absolutely LOVE this door!!! I have been wanting doors that sit in the middle of 2 tiles.
Any chance you will be making any more full wood or interior doors that will be like this?
I make my hallways 2 tiles wide & have always wished for a door that could be set like this.
Not a request really, but I would probably love ya forever lol!

You can find some of my older houses HERE
Alchemist
#11 Old 2nd Dec 2008 at 12:20 AM
This is a great idea. I hate having the door squeezed into the corner of the porch, or having to use a double door to make it look centred. Also glad to see it does function normally - a screenie showing it in use would be good if you can.

Thanks for sharing!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 2nd Dec 2008 at 5:56 AM
You continue to create the awesome , keep up the good work!!!!

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Please remember to hit the thanks button, if you like a creator's work or appreciate the effort. It really does mean a lot to the creators. -tbudgett
Inventor
#13 Old 2nd Dec 2008 at 8:35 AM
I already liked this door and I love what you did with it. Thank you so much for making these and matching colors!!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 2nd Dec 2008 at 1:50 PM
awesome door
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 2nd Dec 2008 at 9:07 PM Last edited by harry_tristan_harding : 2nd Dec 2008 at 9:14 PM. Reason: Update
Quote: Originally posted by leesester
Hi, thank you for the compliment - if you want to see my next big project take a look in my journal...regarding the half size la Fenetre Window tbudgett has done a MAGNIFICENT set of la fenetre windows - the couple I made were just extra extras.

and the little window is mine, but the UV mapping is not good enough for release, and it is delayed by the big project - well spotted by the way - I did not notice that was in the shot!

Okay I'll take a look.

LOl I've always had a good Eye for detail and I hope you can get the UV mapping better. Never made anything other then maxi recolors but I have heard this can be a pain in the behind.

Good luck

Update: went and looked, found some great windows by tbuagett who gave a link for windkeeper who had a nice little window which can be found Here for anyone who wants one

Now Taking Requests for House's and Paintings! Downloads also at simbology.com
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 2nd Dec 2008 at 9:54 PM
Hi
Thanks for that link - I had a VERY similar colonial door which is repository linked but given that this one is available I was not going to upload.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Field Researcher
#17 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leesester
I had a VERY similar colonial door which is repository linked but given that this one is available I was not going to upload.

But windkeeper's 1-tile Fenetre door isn't texture-linked

So your version would RULE!

Please?
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 7:09 PM Last edited by leesester : 3rd Dec 2008 at 7:16 PM.
Default Repository is not always best....
Quote: Originally posted by shastakiss
But windkeeper's 1-tile Fenetre door isn't texture-linked

So your version would RULE!

Please?

Hi Shastakiss, but since the repository door technique links to the original colour, and the original colour of the door does not match the window, I honestly have to say that I think Windkeepers door is BETTER because not repository. I will do you a deal - if you (or somebody else) can make a recolour of the original colonial door that matches the BLUE and WHITE shades of the window then I will upload the door Assuming the moderators also agree that repository rules (which it usually does....... )

Test Subject
#19 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 3:37 AM
Thank you for this! This is awesome, and will be used A LOT in my game!!!
Test Subject
#20 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 2:20 AM
This is excellent! I love seeing 1 tile doors set on 2 tiles because it looks so much nicer than sitting smack bang on the corner of a wall or right next to a window... And I loved the Colonial door, so thank you very much for making a singular version of it, I will definitely be using it in my game
Test Subject
#21 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 3:22 PM
You're a genious.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 5:24 AM
Thank you so much for this! I'm another person who would love you forever if you made interior doors like this, if you ever have time. I've been wanting some forever!
THANKS POST
#23 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 3:04 AM
Thanks
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 7:05 PM
thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 4:46 AM
thanks
Page 1 of 2