Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#226 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 6:46 PM
You might want to redownload my deathly pale skintone. The first version wasn't compressorized and the file was corrupt. It should be all straightened out now.

I suspect though, like Cmar said, you need to bite the bullet and patch. Mods simply are not compatible with earlier versions of the game.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#227 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 8:57 PM
The Skininator Version 2.0 is uploaded. Changes/new features:

If the same skin file is loaded in more than once (as in scalps, which are all alike), only one copy of the DDS file will be added to the package, and it will be linked multiple times as appropriate.

Any combination of the six game skintones and/or up to four custom skintones can be added to one package and will use the same set of skin files. (You can split them out later to give people a choice of which tones to use.)

The SkinSubSRamp file import has been removed, due to lack of space on the screen and (I suspect) lack of interest since it doesn't seem to do much of anything. But:

A TONE file editor has been added for advanced users who want to directly edit the links and the flags that affect brightness and shine. (Requires a screen resolution higher than 800x600.) To use: extract the TONE file, edit it, and put it back in the package. I haven't tested this function as much as I should have, so feedback is appreciated.

This version was built with an update of FTN95 Fortran with support for Windows 7. Both Skininator.exe and the supporting dll, salflibc.dll, have been updated and should be replaced.

Download from the official Skininator thread: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=389488
Test Subject
#228 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 9:15 PM
I was really hoping it wasn't my old patch, but yeah, it sounds like I'm just going to have to try to download the patches. Last time I tried, I got an invalid file error to boot, so I probably need to reinstall to fix an ini file or somesuch.

Thank you guys for your time, I should have known right off that it was the patch.
Test Subject
#229 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 11:54 PM
Thank You :d

Irony;
The opposite of wrinkly
Test Subject
#230 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 7:39 AM
wow...I am a noob...you have laid it out so clearly here, and I am still lost I'll try reading thorugh it again -.-U
Test Subject
#231 Old 28th Apr 2010 at 4:10 AM
Thanks everybody. I hope these show in the game!
Test Subject
#232 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 1:48 AM
Is it too much trouble if I ask any of you folks can make a video tutorial for the confused reader like myself to convert these skin into non-default please? Dx
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#233 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 6:00 PM
I've uploaded a new version of Skininator in the downloads section: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=389488

There's a new function called Extractinator which lets you extract the skin files from any skin package, default or non-default. The files are extracted into a folder and loaded into Skininator. You can extract from as many packages as you want. Then you can create a new package, again either default or non-default. One of the ways this can be useful is to easily convert a default replacement to a non-default - just extract and load the default package(s), click the 'Tone Ramps' button and check the skin colors you want, and create a new non-default package. Complete instructions are in the Help menu in the program.

Kinvanden, I hope this will do the trick for you!
Test Subject
#234 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 10:57 AM
Hello!
Quote:
The first is in FullBuild0 and is a IMAG 0x2F7D0004 file and has a similar name as the TONE file you previously extracted
It has the same name (with the addition of the Instance) as the first file in this step, but is a _IMG 0x00B2D882 file

I can't find them... It is possible more precisely names of files?
Forum Resident
#235 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 11:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jkostka
Hello!

I can't find them... It is possible more precisely names of files?

This method is outdate now and it's not necessary now, use skininator and look at look at this one

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Terms & conditions do not apply
Test Subject
#236 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 7:20 PM
Default OT: Skin Color Sliders
Quote: Originally posted by Fawkes
I agree with jmtmom, this is great! cant wait for any possible updates!

I've been trying to find a download of your skin tone sliders and noticed that you have taken them down. Any chance you will be making them available for download again? I'm really tired of trying to make "berry" sims with EAs limited tones.
Test Subject
#237 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 11:44 PM
Nice one thanks, how many non default skin tone can you have though?
Test Subject
#238 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 2:44 AM
That was epic. i havent even read the rest of it yet but that begining was...it was good stuff.
Test Subject
#239 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 3:42 AM
I can't figure out the overlay. =/ I want to do anthro skins with a fur texture, but I just keep remaking the defualt color skins over and over again no matter what I do. I've looked at all the help pages and they don't make things any better for me. I also don't know how to add colors other than what you have to check mark. I am a complete newb to moding. I just really miss all my sims 2 anthro stuff. Got super excited when I saw you had something to make our own sliders. Wish i was better at using the thing. @.@
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#240 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 9:08 AM
Why an overlay? Why not paint the fur onto the base texture/multiplier?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Page 10 of 10