Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#76 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 8:32 PM Last edited by lalena2248 : 20th Nov 2009 at 8:48 PM.
Rounds 2 Results
ROUND 2:

Scores were based on a 1 - 5 scoring for each question.

ROUND 2
KARI
1. Did the contestant use creativity to the fullest extent? 7/10
"I think the Cinderella story was really common but that's what I loved about it! I do think the picture could have been executed better."

2.Use of color. Were good choices made and used with a keen eye for the design of the photo? 6/10
"Because you chose to reflect a fairytale image, I think the photo should have been full of color and a lot more bright on the Cinderella side. I also think there should have been 2 different scenes to reflect the full effect of the Cinderella Fairytale vs. her life now."

3. How was the pose and hairstyles in the photo? Were they relevant to the intent of the photo? 9/10
"I kind of like that her adult reflection has her arms open welcoming her. It's almost as if she's being welcomed to beccome who she wants to be. I love that! I think an up-do for Kari as Cinderella would have been better though but, I'm not docking any points. Just a suggestion. "

4. Were props, lighting, and special effects used well? 7/10
"As I stated before, I think there should have been 2 scenes. The one in her room and the world she wanted to live in when she grew up. I also think her room looks a bit old fashioned for a teenager."

5. Overall feeling generated by the photo. 7/10
"Just looking at the photo, I do not get that it's supposed to be a reflection. It seems to me that they are in the same room just standing in front of a mirror about to hug. I think you could have probably let the mirror in the middle out as well. Overall, I loved the idea. "

"I think you could have made one side of the room more of the feel of a little girl's room. The poses are cute but not that dynamic. I would have liked to seen the use of more effects and a brighter, cheerier feel on Cinderella's side. I will say though, I do like the idea and the overall feel of the piece."

Clara:

1. Did the contestant use creativity to the fullest extent? 10/10
"I love that you went with a dream that is really common among teens but most don't really think about. This was definitely an original and creative concept. Also, great job on the text. "

2. . Use of color. Were good choices made and used with a keen eye for the design of the photo? 9/10
"I love the contrast in style not only in her appearance but the background as well. You really get that Clara's reflection is a tough kid from a tough neighborhood. "

3. How was the pose and hairstyles in the photo? Were they relevant to the intent of the photo? 10/10
"I love that it appears that she's talking to her future self. There is a lot that can be interpreted from that pose. I would guess that Clara's reflection is trying to influence her to still become her. Clara is explaining that she cannot go that route because she now has other dreams."

4. Were props, lighting, and special effects used well? 10/10
"The overlapping of the photos suggest to me that the current Clara is pushing that dream she once had away. Great Work!"

5. Overall feeling generated by the photo. 10/10
"I love the overall look and theme of the photo. I do wish that we could see Clara more clearly."

"Love it! I love the half and half look to it. This worked out perfectly. Everything, from clothing to props to color, illustrated the young girl to tough punk feel to the image. Great job!"

Round 2 Totals:
Kari. 36/50
Clara. 49/50

Please come and sign up for the Spooky Hollows House Design Contest, a Sims 3 Haunted House Competition! Sign up over at StageSelect The information to enter is featured on the homepage!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#77 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 8:56 PM
Round 3 Results
ROUND 3:

ROUND 3
KARI
1. Did the contestant use creativity to the fullest extent? 9/10
"You definitely put a lot into this photo! The set is amazing and Kari looks really pretty too."

2.Use of color. Were good choices made and used with a keen eye for the design of the photo? 9/10
"NOw, you definitely portrayed this color well but, I must say that there seems to be an unpleasant yellow ting that is making the yellow appear overbearing. It's still a great job but I think you could have probably done variations of the color yellow to avoid that glaring effect."

3. How was the pose and hairstyles in the photo? Were they relevant to the intent of the photo? 10/10
"If you had not titled this picture I would have known that it was supposed to be bright, cheery and joyful. Her pose and facial expression say everything about the picture. I do wish you would have chosen a more relaxed style for her hair though. I think this would have made her look more carefree which to me seems to go with cheery."

4. Were props, lighting, and special effects used well? 9/10
"If it had not been for the yellowish tint, I would have given you a perfect score. Other than that your set is great!"

"I definitely get the vibe you were going for with this photo. The execution was almost perfect! Great job and I'm so glad for your major improvements. :-) )

"Great photo and good job on showing the meaning of the color. You look as happy and cheerful as the sun! Great use of color and lighting. The props are also very positive. Your expression is fantastic. "

Clara:

"This is definitely a creative entry! That is definitely not what I would have expected to see for the color blue but your explanation definitely gave me a new way to think of this color."

2. Use of color. Were good choices made and used with a keen eye for the design of the photo? 10/10
"Great use of the color you were given! I love the blue hair, background... everything!"

"The pose and hairstyle were so perfect for this shoot! It looks fun and exciting... like she has no restrictions."

"I love the way the light is shining down on her. There aren't many props but that's expected for what you've done with this. Great job!"

"Overall, I feel the excitement and I can definitely see it! You have given a new thought to be associated with the color blue."

"Wow…excellent shot! Great use of space and color! It's a very dynamic piece. Love it! You truly want to win!"

Round 3 Totals:
Kari. 47/50
Clara. 50/50

Please come and sign up for the Spooky Hollows House Design Contest, a Sims 3 Haunted House Competition! Sign up over at StageSelect The information to enter is featured on the homepage!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#78 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 9:02 PM
Default Round 4 Results
ROUND 4:

ROUND 4
KARI
"What an original idea to have her actually "wake up!" I love both photos and this is the round where Kari's beauty really stands out. You've done a great job capturing her angles and getting your point across in both pictures. Beautiful!"

2.Use of color. Were good choices made and used with a keen eye for the design of the photo? 10/10
"The light background in the first picture definitely scream morning to me. The natural look of the background in the second picture is perfect! It makes it seem that the makeup she's wearing is merely accentuating her existing beauty. This is what makeup is supposed to really do and I think you've captured that very well."

"The pose in the first picture is funny but also so gorgeous! She really looks like she just woke up but, she looks so happy and naturally beautiful. The second photo is nice, clean and simple. It's so chic... just like it's supposed to be. "

"Because these were both headshots you didn't have to worry about props but you still managed to give a background that bought Kari to the front of the picture. Somehow, you managed to bring her beauty more to the spotlight."

"For both images I think you really made it a point to highlight Kari's natural beauty. It's so amazing to get someone's natural beauty to really shine when they're wearing makeup and you've definitely accomplished that. Very well done this round!"

"Good job showing the difference between the shoots. Excellent use of lighting techniques. However, I do think the pose in the first shot (morning) is better than the second. The second exudes confidence but it's not…exciting? I'm not sure how to put it. Overall though, a good photo set!"

Clara:

1. Did the contestant use creativity to the fullest extent? 6/10
"I think Clara looks beautiful in the second shot but the first shot she doesn't look the same. Also, there doesn't seem to have been much thought or effort put into the pictures. I loved your text but I don't think the pictures lived up to it."

2. Use of color. Were good choices made and used with a keen eye for the design of the photo? 8/10
"I think a gray background would have worked better for the second picture or maybe even a modern pattern. The first picture should have been on a more fun, colorful background to show a bit of her personality."

3. How was the pose and hairstyles in the photo? Were they relevant to the intent of the photo? 9/10
"I think the hair and makeup in the second picture are perfect for her. I thought Clara had black hair so, for her to have naturally brown hair and then go straight to Jet Black again doesn't seem right to me. Also, the hair in the first picture doesn't suit her at all. "

4. Were props, lighting, and special effects used well? 7/10
"There weren't many props expected to be used but I think you could have done a bit more with the first picture."

5. Overall feeling generated by the photo. 8/10
"Clara is no doubt very beautiful but I don't think the first picture does her any justice at all."

"These photos are really good. The lighting is great and the posing is nice, and that's a hard sell when they are taken from the chest up. Nice choices on hair and makeup to show the night and day differences. Good job!"

Round 4 Totals:
Kari. 50/50
Clara. 38/50

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#79 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 9:18 PM
Winner Announced
It was a tough race between 2 gorgeous and amazing contestants.

But...the results are in.

Round 1 results:
Kari 43/75
Clara 71/75

Round 2 results:
Kari 36/50
Clara 49/50

Round 3 results:
Kari 47/50
Clara 50/50

Round 4 results:
Kari 50/50
Clara 38/50

And the winner is....

CLARA BELL WITH A TOTAL OF 208/225

Kari finished strong, consistently getting better and better! She finished with a total of 176/225!!

Great job girls, and CONGRATULATIONS!

I will be working on a prize for both: one winner and one smaller, 2nd place prize. Please PM me your email addresses. I will get them to you ASAP.

Scholar
#80 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 10:22 PM
Congratulations, TRIriana!

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Scholar
#81 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 10:30 PM
Thank you judges for all of your comments, and to Lalena for the contest. You did great work too, Deatherella. ^^.
Field Researcher
#82 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 3:45 AM
Congratulations to both of you! I think both of you did a beautiful job. :D

Page 4 of 4