Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 10:13 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions
Default Sims3Pack Files Not Installing
For some reason, my Sims3Pack files are not installing at the moment. I have the Sims 3 Launcher open, as well as the folder containing my downloaded Sims3Pack files. Whether I try to do a batch or an individual install, they will not install. They do not show up in the Downloads section or anywhere else on the Launcher and the Sims 3 screen that usually pops up showing files being installed isn't popping up. The little spinning loading circle very briefly shows up on my screen a couple times when I double click on a file, and then nothing happens. Not sure what's going on, but hopefully it can be resolved.

'The surest sign that there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.' Calvin and Hobbes
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 1:08 AM
The way to install sims3packs is to place them (drag and drop, for example, or cut/copy and paste) into the Downloads folder first, then use the Launcher to read and install them from there. The double-click thing is only a convenience and, as you are seeing, doesn't always work.

The other possibility is that you are successfully getting these files into a game folder's Downloads but you for some reason have more than one game folder on your system and it's putting them into the wrong one or the Launcher is reading the wrong one.