Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Locked thread | Replies: 506 (Who?), Viewed: 113526 times. | Locked by: Numenor Reason: New tutorial: [url]http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=102356[/url]
Page 6 of 21
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#126 Old 11th Dec 2004 at 5:40 AM
Hi silverstarpink.

In that file, the Instance number is the last number before the text begins, so in this case it is 0xCE1A5547.

If you have MS Excel, it may help to import that text list into it. When importing, use Delimited, and then select Semicolon rather than Tab in the Delimeter field. That makes it MUCH easier to see which number is which. I can post a copy of my Excel worksheet if anyone needs it, although I think others may have done the same elsewhere.
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 11th Dec 2004 at 5:41 AM
It's this one: 0xCE1A5547. I can't seem to get very far in the tutorial myself when it comes to the txtr extractor part but I do know that this number is the instance.
Instructor
Original Poster
#128 Old 11th Dec 2004 at 5:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstarpink
I am having some trouble with this part what am I doing wrong i must not be understanding this correctly.............Now open the Materials.package. To find the right MMAT of this texture, download the file attached to this thread, open MMAT.txt and search for the name you want.
When you found, paste the instance in "Instance Filter" and this will show the right file to extract it.
Now i got the first part im trying to fallow the tutorial exactly to get an idea of what im doing but witch part of this do i paste as the righ number for the fride you did in the tutorial ...................Model Material? (MMAT, 0x4C697E5A); 0x00000000; 0x8C6965AC; 0xCE1A5547; fridgemoderatestainless_cres; fridgemoderatestainless_fridgefront_white; 0x6C50BACD; modelMaterial; fridgefront; ..............am i correct on the 0x4C697E5A being the instance or not ??

this is the colums:
0x00000000 (Subtype); 0x8C6965AC (Group); 0xCE1A5547 (Instance)

You have to copy 0xCE1A5547 and paste this number on Instance Filter.
Test Subject
#129 Old 11th Dec 2004 at 6:05 AM
ok i will try that and see how i do but to just make sure that i fallow i go into simspe the file open ea-sims2-tsdata-res-materials then insert the instance 0xCE1A5547
#130 Old 11th Dec 2004 at 6:10 AM
The path is
EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Materials\Materials.package

Then paste that number in the Instance Filter box.

RG
Test Subject
#131 Old 11th Dec 2004 at 6:13 AM
its not working do i need to click anything after o go into materials with SimPE does it have to be on the plugin do i need to have anything selected when i insertthe instance it doesnt show me anything do i have to select a file from the name map ahh going crazy i want to learn this really bad LOL
#132 Old 11th Dec 2004 at 6:17 AM
Are you sure you went to the right Materials.package? You had mentioned the wrong one in your previous post. There are 2 Materials.package in different folders.
Instructor
Original Poster
#133 Old 11th Dec 2004 at 6:19 AM
i made a mistake with the right path of material.package in the tutorial.. sorry for that.
corrected now.
Test Subject
#134 Old 11th Dec 2004 at 6:21 AM
thanks so much well see how i do now
Instructor
Original Poster
#135 Old 11th Dec 2004 at 6:23 AM
Quote:
its not working do i need to click anything after o go into materials with SimPE does it have to be on the plugin do i need to have anything selected when i insertthe instance it doesnt show me anything do i have to select a file from the name map ahh going crazy i want to learn this really bad LOL

You need exit the Name Map and to select "Model Material" in the FileTypes box. This will show to you the right file to extract.
#136 Old 11th Dec 2004 at 6:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinhead
i made a mistake with the right path of material.package in the tutorial.. sorry for that.
corrected now.

LOL, you must have put it wrong in one place and then right in another, Pinhead, or I NEVER would have found it. I didn't even notice any mistake there.
Instructor
Original Poster
#137 Old 11th Dec 2004 at 6:32 AM
Yeah, i know. lol
i forgot to put only Materials folder.
was:
EA Games/The Sims 2/TSData/Res/Catalog/materials.package

the correct:
EA Games/The Sims 2/TSData/Res/Catalog/Materials/materials.package
Test Subject
#138 Old 11th Dec 2004 at 6:46 AM
witch of the files do i add to my new package first out of the tree that i extracted?
Instructor
Original Poster
#139 Old 11th Dec 2004 at 6:49 AM
i'm sorry. i misunderstand.

Put all together if you want.
Test Subject
#140 Old 11th Dec 2004 at 6:56 AM Last edited by silverstarpink : 11th Dec 2004 at 7:15 AM.
ok got that part i am into the renaming bit now lol all a bit more fun now that im getting the hang of it nice to have a helping hand LOL thanx alot for all your help i dont feel so stupid now LOL so here is where i am at ...............open my new file that i just madeand then Select Model material. &quote((Go to Plugin View and look for the names fridgemoderate inside it))..............meaning the CPF Editor ??? here is where i am confused
&quote((Click on "stdMatBaseTextureName" in the properties list and Change with the same name of the texture.))
Change the Filename of MATD to the same name of the texture but exclude the "~stdMatBaseTextureName" lol sorry im going to bed after this was hopeing id get it befor bedtime its 12:14 here well maybe tommarrow
Firestarter
#141 Old 11th Dec 2004 at 7:11 AM
I'm having that same 6x3 problem where SimPE keeps renaming or resizing my 6x3 to 8x4. Changing the size to 2x4 does get SimPE to rename it right, but as soon as I save, it reverts right back to 8x4. Is there a work around for this?
#142 Old 11th Dec 2004 at 7:48 AM
Quote:
Select Model material. &quote((Go to Plugin View and look for the names fridgemoderate inside it))..............meaning the CPF Editor ??? here is where i am confused
&quote((Click on "stdMatBaseTextureName" in the properties list and Change with the same name of the texture.))
Change the Filename of MATD to the same name of the texture but exclude the "~stdMatBaseTextureName"

That is a typo in the original tutorial. What Pinhead meant was Select Material Description *not* Model Material. Then go to plugin view. You'll a list, and one of the items is "stdMatBaseTextureName". Click on that line on the list, and change the file name to
#yourhash!body~stdMatBaseTextureName
if you used the suggested filename, or to
#yourhash!yourfilename
if you made up your own filename.

Hope this helps.
#143 Old 11th Dec 2004 at 7:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrigon
I'm having that same 6x3 problem where SimPE keeps renaming or resizing my 6x3 to 8x4. Changing the size to 2x4 does get SimPE to rename it right, but as soon as I save, it reverts right back to 8x4. Is there a work around for this?

Carrigon,
Is this causing an error when you try to load your new object in game? I've not even been watching the sizes of my textures, so I don't know if this is happening to me. It may just be an error in the txtr plugin in simpe, reading the sizes incorrectly.

But just to be sure, you should never click the SAVE button on the TXTR plugin in SimPE... it's corrupting the compression. When you generate your TXTR with TXTR Extractor, you should use the final txtr name with the hash already applied so that you'll never need to use that haunted SAVE button.

Thanks for all your fun mods
RG
Instructor
Original Poster
#144 Old 11th Dec 2004 at 8:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles
That is a typo in the original tutorial. What Pinhead meant was Select Material Description *not* Model Material. Then go to plugin view. You'll a list, and one of the items is "stdMatBaseTextureName". Click on that line on the list, and change the file name to
#yourhash!body~stdMatBaseTextureName
if you used the suggested filename, or to
#yourhash!yourfilename
if you made up your own filename.

Hope this helps.

LOL!
I need some sleep.. man, you're right. The information is now corrected. Too much "Material" words makes me insane.. lol
Really sorry!
#145 Old 11th Dec 2004 at 8:09 AM
I know what you mean, Pinhead. That was the only mistake that *I* saw in the tutorial. I forgot to mention it earlier because once I figured it out, I forget about it.
Forum Resident
#146 Old 11th Dec 2004 at 8:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinhead
Gleesto, i think you have to exclude the LIFO references in your texture. use the plugin view and delete the lifo references. Don't forget to create 2 new texture sizes for replace this references. One image have 256 pxs and the other have 512 pixels in the bigger size.

Get this example and see what i done:

Hummmmmmm is saving as works better then the haunting save? I have tried it but have not tested it yet due to I am still searching other long forever listed images section etc. Wow my eyes hurt now.

"This too shall pass, I shall walk and not become weary, I shall run and not faint, I shall mount up with wings like and eagle and fly."
#147 Old 11th Dec 2004 at 8:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anglesims2
Hummmmmmm is saving as works better then the haunting save? I have tried it but have not tested it yet due to I am still searching other long forever listed images section etc. Wow my eyes hurt now.

Hi anglesims2.

The haunted SAVE button that I'm talking about is the one that is in the Plugin view for the Texture Image (TXTR) file type. The Save on the main menu for SimPE is just fine.

The reason the button in that plugin causes problems is just that the compression for textures isn't finished yet in SimPE, and when you click that button the compression is applied even if you only meant it to change the texture image's file name.

RG
Forum Resident
#148 Old 11th Dec 2004 at 8:35 AM
Quote:
Hi anglesims2.

The haunted SAVE button that I'm talking about is the one that is in the Plugin view for the Texture Image (TXTR) file type. The Save on the main menu for SimPE is just fine.

The reason the button in that plugin causes problems is just that the compression for textures isn't finished yet in SimPE, and when you click that button the compression is applied even if you only meant it to change the texture image's file name.

RG

Oh I see I have tryed that changed part of the file name then just save as in my downloads folder I will be testing that soon. By the way I asked in another thread but know one has answered the question on the Run Sims 2 in the SimPE. Dose that work I have tried it but it seems to not work or it is taking longer then I know of?

"This too shall pass, I shall walk and not become weary, I shall run and not faint, I shall mount up with wings like and eagle and fly."
Instructor
Original Poster
#149 Old 11th Dec 2004 at 9:14 AM
You have to go in Extra/Options and change settings. Mine works fine.
Firestarter
#150 Old 11th Dec 2004 at 9:57 AM
Quote:
Carrigon,
Is this causing an error when you try to load your new object in game? I've not even been watching the sizes of my textures, so I don't know if this is happening to me. It may just be an error in the txtr plugin in simpe, reading the sizes incorrectly.

But just to be sure, you should never click the SAVE button on the TXTR plugin in SimPE... it's corrupting the compression. When you generate your TXTR with TXTR Extractor, you should use the final txtr name with the hash already applied so that you'll never need to use that haunted SAVE button.

Thanks for all your fun mods
RG

It's been giving me that messed up picture in the game instead of showing my graphics. So, are you saying if I only hit regular file, save, then it should work, just don't hit the save in the plugin? I can give that a try.
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 21