Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 9:48 PM
Default Making Your Own Real Estate Office?
hi :howdy:
i have just made a custom ofb district and i was wondering if you can make your own real estate office? is it just a community lot? what does it have to contain?...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 9:56 PM
You need to have deeds to other community lots that you dispplay in your shop and sale like paintings.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 10:41 PM
Malcolm Landgraab has a real estate office in my hood- I just stick the deeds on the wall and set a price, as Croco said. It's fun, because when I get one of my sims to marry a townie I sometimes find that they own a vacant lot, or even a completed lot, that they chose autonomously.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 10:59 PM
Simsample, I thought townie-purchased community lots just went back into the game? Whenever a townie buys a lot from my real estate office, the owner then re-purchases the lot from the community and sets the deed up for sale again....which means some of these deeds have sold 4 or 5 times over. I wonder if there's a copy of the deed in the inventory of every townie who has purchased it, and what my game considers the ownership of the lot to be.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
Simsample, I thought townie-purchased community lots just went back into the game? Whenever a townie buys a lot from my real estate office, the owner then re-purchases the lot from the community and sets the deed up for sale again....which means some of these deeds have sold 4 or 5 times over. I wonder if there's a copy of the deed in the inventory of every townie who has purchased it, and what my game considers the ownership of the lot to be.

I might try this out, as it's an interesting scenario, but I'd assume that if a townie buys a lot, the lot belongs to the community until a townie becomes playable? Further to that, I'd guess that whoever held the deed last would be the one to own it.

Very interesting.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elly001
I might try this out, as it's an interesting scenario, but I'd assume that if a townie buys a lot, the lot belongs to the community until a townie becomes playable? Further to that, I'd guess that whoever held the deed last would be the one to own it.

Very interesting.

While this would be pretty cool, I'm fairly sure than any community lots a townie purchases are sold straight back to the neighborhood (the big daddy, the sim God in the sky, whatever you call it) and the townie is left with no link whatsoever to any community lot.
Test Subject
#7 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 11:38 AM
I sold a deed to a sim I thought was a Townie. It turns out he was a member of the Garden Club. He doesn't live anywhere. How can I get the deed back?

Update:
Next time he came back to the store, I made him selectable og stole the deed from him.
#8 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 11:26 AM
I've never tried to have a real estate agency but I've also thought that it's possible to sell the deeds to townies, who will own them even after they join non-NPCs.

I actually thought it's like with selling other stuff - I've just build a lot where I sell vegetables from Seasons and when I make my Sims join townies, I find the vegetables often in their inventories. So it's not the same with deeds?