Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2008 at 12:09 AM
Default Lunchlady stopped coming?
I dont think this would really be a technical problem, so I'll post it here.

And month back maybe, I built my own dorm and everything was working great. I think I tried working in the kitchen a few times, and after this one time, the lunchlady never came back. I dont get why as it works fine everywhere else, and it's becoming a pain to select a townie and have them to work whenever my sim is hungry D:
Advertisement
#2 Old 15th May 2008 at 1:42 AM
Can the lunchlady get inside the dorm? I know if you have OFB or higher, you can lock the doors so that no one can enter.

Maybe you could move your Sim out of the dorm and then move it back in?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th May 2008 at 1:58 AM
It seems like that may be what I need to do, though it's a bit of a hassle D:

I'm pretty sure she can get in, everyone can. I'll try taking em out then, thanks : D
#4 Old 16th May 2008 at 12:05 AM
No problem!

I've had it happen before a long time ago (about a year), and I think moving them out of the dorm solved it. Of course, by then, my Sim had enough money for her own house (she was a junior with a GPA of 4.0).
#5 Old 16th May 2008 at 3:37 AM
What exactly do you mean by working in the kitchen? Did you have your sim work in the cafeteria or did you build in the kitchen?

If you built there maybe you deleted the stove, which summons the cafeteria worker. It is the industrial looking stove with the two matching counters that came with Uni. If that stove is not on the lot anymore, or was replaced with another stove the cafeteria worker will no longer be summoned.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th May 2008 at 4:10 AM
What I mean was that she used to come and cook, and then stopped coming. The stove is still there and my sims can work in it.

It's a pre-built kitchen and everythings the way it should be...
Field Researcher
#7 Old 16th May 2008 at 4:57 AM
From what I can gather, if you have your uni sim work in the cafeteria for a long time, that cafeteria lady (or guy) will stop coming. They'll go home at midnight and not bother returning. I was never able to figure out how not to have that happen without moving my sims out and then back in again.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th May 2008 at 9:53 PM
Ah, so I guess it's some kind of bug in the game, that stinks D:
I suppose I'll move themem out then and back in.

Thanks!
Site Helper
#9 Old 16th May 2008 at 11:52 PM
Don't still be working in the cafeteria when the cafeteria worker goes home. That always triggered it for me.

Actually installing a new EP fixed it, but it's easier to move them out and back in.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
#10 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rome_raven
From what I can gather, if you have your uni sim work in the cafeteria for a long time, that cafeteria lady (or guy) will stop coming. They'll go home at midnight and not bother returning. .

shuriken_thrower: "Ah, so I guess it's some kind of bug in the game, that stinks D:"

i dunno. to me that sounds like a pretty cool feature.
"ah, to hell with it, these kids like cooking for themselves. no one will notice if i sneak out early" LOL!

i honestly thought he wasn't coming back to cook because the damn mascot kept on setting off the sprinkler alarm. for days the kitchen was waterlogged with dirty dishes everywhere. it was a disgrace. i couldn't blame the fed-up cook. in fact, i went round looking for the pesky mascot to hit him.
Theorist
#11 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist_
i honestly thought he wasn't coming back to cook because the damn mascot kept on setting off the sprinkler alarm. for days the kitchen was waterlogged with dirty dishes everywhere. it was a disgrace. i couldn't blame the fed-up cook. in fact, i went round looking for the pesky mascot to hit him.

There's a way around that one. I read this somewhere long ago and have been doing it since. Just put the sprinkler directly over the stove (same tile) and the mascot can't set it off.

Uni's NPCs are so stinking annoying that most of the time I use TwoJeff's visitor controller to ban them from the Uni lots.
#12 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 12:24 AM
If the cow mascot is being his/her usual annoying self you can get revenge.

Go here:
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php/topic,7.0.html

and look for Evil Cow Mascot Trophy Head.

There are loads of good uni related fixes there too.
#13 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 7:11 PM
i have just the tools for next time. it will either be my magic wand or my wrath of the gods vase. both will sort them out.
Site Helper
#14 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 1:24 PM
I get into the secret society and borrow the cowplant. Every SS lot has one.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
#15 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 2:06 PM
Here is a way to resolve the missing lunch lady- delete the uni stove you have in the kitchen and buy a new one. That will reset the lunch lady and bring them back. I know this for a fact cuz I set fire to mine yesterday out of curiousity and she died and I couldn't get another one. Then I figured she might be tied to the stove- I deleted the old one and replaced it and viola a new one spawned!
Alot simpler then moving in and out of the dorm.