Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th May 2008 at 8:12 PM
Default Uni Manual too Vague?
I was going to ask this in the stupid/random questions but i thought since it had to do with Uni that i post it here, mods/admin move if you like..

I have been reading into the manual for Uni since i reinstalled it and its been working and well i am confused on the whole "drop out/kicked out" part.

Being a college student myself i know all about all of this stuff but on the game, i get confused..and here's why..i want my sim that i am playing to "drop out" but i dont know how to get her to do that. I want for her to be an adult now without having to deal with the college. That's not saying i dont want to play Uni anymore.

So basically my question is, how does a Sim drop out without being kicked out? The manual doesn't explain that much just basically if the grades are really low.

But dont the sims have an option on the computer/phone to drop out? Maybe i am not seeing it.

Please help!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 20th May 2008 at 8:17 PM
It should be under the phone options. Click on the phone...Call College...Drop out.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Site Helper
#3 Old 20th May 2008 at 8:19 PM
On the phone or computer there should be an option for College: Registrar: Drop Out. It is in the same area where you declare your major.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th May 2008 at 8:28 PM
Thank you both....i will have to do that.

I just thought that the manual would explain all of this but it doesnt.

oh well.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 21st May 2008 at 4:29 PM
I never dropped out my sims through phone or computer, because I like to see them graduate "summa cum laude"....

So, I am curious to know, does the perform of the order "drop out" cause an aspiration decay of the sim? If it does - there is another way to drop the sim out: a lover from the old hood calls him/her, and proposes marriage. The sim drops out automatically, and even gets a diploma for being a college graduate.
Alchemist
#6 Old 21st May 2008 at 4:41 PM
gali - it shouldn't cause an aspiration drop, if the sim doesn't have a fear of dropping out that is (and I've never seen one myself). They do get a memory about it though.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Field Researcher
#7 Old 21st May 2008 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghanima Atreides
gali - it shouldn't cause an aspiration drop, if the sim doesn't have a fear of dropping out that is (and I've never seen one myself). They do get a memory about it though.

Also, it seems you have a hack or some odd glitch because in a vanilla game adults can't propose marriage/moving in to YAs

That's not true...

Qoute from the University Prima Guide page 42:
College Buddies
The Friendships and loves Sims built in their carefree college days are not lost when they graduate. To continue the relationships, Sims must make the first move. How to do this depends oin whether the other Sim is a playable or nonplayable Sim.

If the Sim was playable, he or she may only be bought into a Sim's household be merging from the Family bin. Thus , if the Sim hasn't yet finished collede (by whatever route) that Sim must be played out at collede (to graduation, drop ouit, or be kicked out) and returned to the neighborhood before he or she can beciome playable in the neighborhood.

If the other Sim was nonplayable, the Sim can be brought from college, no matter where he or she was in a college carreer (which year they were in) when your Sim left. How the Sim returns to the neighborhood depends on how the Sim who summons them left college:

1. Invite the nonplayable Sim over a phone or wait for the Sim ti visit.
2. Use the Propose - Move In interaction. The other Sim will accept based generally on Lifetime and Daily Relationship, Mood, and (if those are low) how high the Nice/Grouchy traits is.
3. If the Sim accepts, the SIm age transitions to adulthood and becomes a part of the household.

Since the other SIm didn't leave college naturallythat Sim assumes a status determined be the status of the inviting Sim.

* If the proposing Sim was a graduate, the new household member is also deemed a graduate.
* If the proposing Sim dropped out, the new household member is also deemed a drop out
* If the proposing Sim was kicked out, the new household member is deemed a drop out.

~*Sofie-Amalie*~
LJ
Alchemist
#8 Old 21st May 2008 at 5:31 PM
Hm I could've sworn that when I tried to propose to a YA the interaction wasn't there. Ah well. My bad in that case

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Field Researcher
#9 Old 21st May 2008 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghanima Atreides
Hm I could've sworn that when I tried to propose to a YA the interaction wasn't there. Ah well. My bad in that case

I don't know, I just quoted the prima guide.. But I think I've done it a few times in the past (like just when Uni came out)

~*Sofie-Amalie*~
LJ
Field Researcher
#10 Old 21st May 2008 at 7:12 PM
Once I matched Nervous with a YA student girl. As I don't like not-graduated YA, I used Two-Jeff's hack "College Adjuster". I set the 7th or 8th semester, set A+ grade, sent the girl to final exam, graduated her, and then I could send her to the old hood, to marry Nervous.

If you are interested, here is the link:

http://www.simbology.com/mods/index...date&order=desc

It's compatible with FT, looks like a pile of books, and can be found in misc/misc.

Another "quick graduation" solution, instead of dropping the sim off the college....
Site Helper
#11 Old 22nd May 2008 at 12:55 PM
I just confirmed that the Prima guide entry is valid, even without Inteen.
It must be an adult who does the proposing. A YA cannot do anything more than get engaged to another YA.

But one of my Adults just got married to the dormie that the gypsy brought him when he was a teen. (Secret Society, too!)

(This gypsy's crystal ball was actually working! She found him a 3-bolt match!)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 22nd May 2008 at 1:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sidneydoj
I just confirmed that the Prima guide entry is valid, even without Inteen.
It must be an adult who does the proposing. A YA cannot do anything more than get engaged to another YA.

But one of my Adults just got married to the dormie that the gypsy brought him when he was a teen. (Secret Society, too!)

(This gypsy's crystal ball was actually working! She found him a 3-bolt match!)

really? i must be so confused.. i swear my YA proposed to an adult.. but you know, i did just wake up five minutes ago. ahahaha.
Site Helper
#13 Old 22nd May 2008 at 4:03 PM
It needs to be the adult proposing.

At least in my game.

#14 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 2:11 AM
If you drop out via the phone you turn into an adult and you can't go back.

You still keep the rewards based on how far you got though.