Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 8:54 PM
Default Playable business employees in nothing is free hoods
So this has been bugging me lately; let's say I have a sim who runs a business and employs another sim. I play the owner's household and he runs the business, and pays the other playable wages. Then I play the employee's household, and every day he goes to work and collects ANOTHER round of wages- worse yet, he gets them every day, even if the business doesn't operate every day. That doesn't seem to be in the spirit of nothing is free, and I'm considering using the simological sign to ban work, so sims only get paid once, and only for hours I actually played. Does that make sense to you guys?

Check out my Simblr to follow the development of the Grand Duchy of Heimlichbourg!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 10:36 PM
I pay the money back. The money and the hours both bug me. Even using the work schedule http://modthesims.info/d/381047

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#4 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 10:48 PM
I haven't used this and don't have any idea if it functions on later EP's http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,7674.0.html , but if it does that might help. I use about 60ish of Squinge's mods ( about half of those are business related) and have found that many of them work fine through AL/ M and G.

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Undead Molten Llama
#5 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 11:28 PM
If I played this way (which I don't. Plus, my business owners aren't allowed employees, playable or otherwise), I'd just subtract their daily pay from them if I could use the familyfunds cheat because that way you can subtract exactly the amount they earned. If I couldn't use that cheat...Well, all the other de-money-ing options that I know of generally work in increments of $100, so you can't be exact. So in that case I might give them the "self-employed" custom career that I have. They don't go to work that way and don't earn any money (but they aren't seen as "unemployed," either, for turn-on/off purposes), but since I have the Community Time hack, I could send that Sim off to a community lot for the appropriate number of hours to get rid of him/her for that time. The downside of that would be that no one else would be able to go to a community lot during that time, but since I don't send Sims to community lots all that often, I could work around that.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MOOKIEBLAYLOCK
I haven't used this and don't have any idea if it functions on later EP's http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,7674.0.html , but if it does that might help. I use about 60ish of Squinge's mods ( about half of those are business related) and have found that many of them work fine through AL/ M and G.

That looks interesting, but $4 is way less than half. I only have a few hired playables but I'm thinking they earn about $20 per hour now, so half should be about $10. I wonder how hard this would be to fiddle with in simpe.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 12:56 AM
Wouldn't it be possible to make a default replacement for the employed by business career that has no work hours? There is a career here on MTS with no hours, just so you won't get wants to get a job, so it's clearly possible to have no hours.

That way they only get paid when you run the store with your playable.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 1:10 AM
But if they have no work hours then they are at home when by rights they should be at work, I wouldn't want that. I had a look in SimPE and there isn't much to see, but nothing that I know about that's for sure. A better solution would be something that stops them being paid twice. Half wages could do it if it was actually halved. But if they get paid $4 an hour even being paid twice is only $8. *grabs calculator* 9-5, 5 days a week would be $320. That is pretty poorly paid for that amount of work.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 1:30 AM
Okay, true, did not think about that. Is the salary they get per day when going from their household based on what their salary is set to from the employeer-side? I always assumed it isn't, but perhaps I'm being overly harsh on EA coding skills.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 1:44 AM
I think so. I only have a couple of playables employed and haven't got around to playing their households for some time now. I've been playing my medieval hood of late and haven't hired anybody yet. It's more something I am planning for in the future as my bushiness get larger.

~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#11 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 2:06 AM
@ Jo , there are two different mods at that link. One is half pay , the other is the more extreme one you mention.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 2:11 AM
Oh okay I'll look again...

Thanks. So after being blind I see there is a halved wage above the picture and a halved wage1.1 below. So it's the one above? Might have been good if he had changed the other to say 'more than half'. I'll have to try it.

~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#13 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 2:14 AM
Yep , you got it! It's the top link , the bottom link is the 1.1 version ( more extreme).

Mad Poster
#14 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 2:01 PM
There's a hack for this called NoOFB Double Dip I think.

I keep meaning to make a custom "employee" career with different hours at different levels so I can simulate all of the different jobs in my hood. Then I'll probably set the wage to 0 since they get paid when they're on the business owner's lot anyway.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...