Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2005 at 2:24 PM
Sims2 and Harry Potter
Hey everyone!

Hope we all enjoyed Half Blood Prince, don't know about you, but it's my favourite so far - the best and the saddest book ever!! Onto my fourth time reading it at the moment...

Anyway, I'm sure, like a lot of you out there, I'm addicted to both the sims2 and Harry Potter. We're all out there, searching for that perfect school robe, or Harry's scar, or wand, or our own version of the Burrow.

I had an idea, that we could maybe, in a group, gather all of these items, or links - with the creators permission of course - and pop them all on one website to make life a little easier. Just an idea, but let me know what you think, because of anyone out there would love to lend a hand, that'd be great.
I haven't made a website in a while, but I can do my best, but alas, I'm at a loss as how to mesh or recolour- Having troubles using photoshop. Is there a button at all to fill colour?? There is in paint.... Grr...

Anyway, let me know if you would like a page to go to, or if you have item you'd like to share. I'd be greatly appreciative.

Trying to get my neighbourhood of Hogsmeade up and running, but me, can't do it until I have everything I need

So yeah, let me know!! We could even use this thread for all the links. Just an idea anyway.

Happy Simming!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Aug 2005 at 2:33 PM
I think this is a brilliant idea, should run it past admins though just to make sure gathering links here is an ok thing to do. Web page idea sounds good too but alot of work those things are.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Aug 2005 at 2:31 PM
Cheers, will do
Good to see another aussie around!
Test Subject
#4 Old 4th Aug 2005 at 2:38 PM
Quote:
Having troubles using photoshop. Is there a button at all to fill colour?? There is in paint.... Grr...

You can use the magic marker to select what you want, then do edit>image>hue saturation to change it, or if you want to fill with solid colour, use the same paint bucket tool as in paint, or select what you want and choose Edit>Fill.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 4th Aug 2005 at 7:29 PM
yeah this would be a great Idea! I still can't find a hogwarts that i think is 85% there but...I've seen good ones. anyways I made a wand..(keep in mind im not a great mesher so it's not wonderfully perfecrt but it's a wand!) and you could use it as a wand or something.

http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=80174

liam
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#6 Old 4th Aug 2005 at 7:33 PM
Over at sims2community, there is a project development forum. If you want to PM the people who have made the items and invite them in, you could create items and buildings together as a team and put them colaboratively on one big post...but you MUST get their permission first
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 4th Aug 2005 at 7:55 PM
I think this is a really wonderful idea! :clap: If anyone wanted to make that kind of website, I'd love to share my recolours on it!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 4:58 PM
I do have a forum that no ones goes on and I am willing to offer a whole forum of harry potter and players uploads
Instructor
#9 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 5:15 PM
Over at www.sapphiresims2.com they have already started this project and ae uploading the items as they are created i know they are working on the whole of Harry Potter so if you wanna head over there now... they already have some goodies ready for download! xxxxx
Test Subject
#10 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JosephTheSim2k5
Over at www.sapphiresims2.com they have already started this project and ae uploading the items as they are created i know they are working on the whole of Harry Potter so if you wanna head over there now... they already have some goodies ready for download! xxxxx

Thanks for the tip
Test Subject
#11 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 6:14 PM
I know how hard it is to make a good, realistic Hogwarts… I tried and it didn’t work out that well… I solved the problem by downloading it….
Here is the Link… Its great…
Its about hlafway down on that page...
http://www.webalice.it/mikebur50/An...imore_pag2.html
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 7:31 PM
Try http://hpproject.proboards25.com/
A collection of the best Harry Potter downloads on the net - including a ton from here (I know because I tend to lurk here and post links to the best stuff there - Thanks xxhalfBloodPrincexx for the wand by the way!)
Test Subject
#13 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 7:32 PM
Default hogwarts
Quote: Originally posted by XxHalfBloodPrincexX
yeah this would be a great Idea! I still can't find a hogwarts that i think is 85% there but...I've seen good ones. anyways I made a wand..(keep in mind im not a great mesher so it's not wonderfully perfecrt but it's a wand!) and you could use it as a wand or something.

http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=80174

liam

I found a website that I've saved and it has one of the best Hogwarts I've seen. The link is http://www.webalice.it/mikebur50/index.html and mind you, this link is in a different language.
Test Subject
#14 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 7:34 PM
oh hahaha. i didn't see that other post who posted that same link i did. oh well.
Test Subject
#15 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 7:42 PM
Anyways this will be my last post here today.. i don't want to get on anybody's nerves. I think a website is a great idea. would take a lot of work and be neat to just combine everything so we don't need to search for that certain thing and everything could be laid out. i looked at the links above and some of it.. no offence isn't very good. but thats my opinion anyways.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 6:59 AM
To everyone who has answered, cheers You all rock!!
I'm getting on it and will PM everyone. I figure, if I can grab that forum or something and have links to everything, like modthesims2 and stuff it should be okay. It just means you'll have to be a member to get the dl. Which is okay, cos registration is free.
No paying for anything, cos I can't afford to pay, I don't expect anyone else to. Life has been a lil hectic atm, but tonight I'll definately be on it I'll be PMing all of you and checking out all these sites. I figure, even if Ican't grab a page I'll just get one of those blog's or something, and have the links there. As I said the lethe_s I had a great idea for the web address to be harrysims.com or something, but alas, can't afford to buy a site.
Thanks again to you all and I'll be in touch. And I'll go check out this hogwarts....
On my fourth time reading HBP - it makes me said when I see the character's name that dies - cos I know what's going to happen..
WA!
Test Subject
#17 Old 9th Aug 2005 at 4:38 PM
This is the best idea ever!
I don't have enough robes for making group scenes like the Quidditch world cup ... everyone kinda wears the same 4 or 5 robes.
During my re-read I felt sad when I saw ...'s name too : (
Instructor
#18 Old 11th Aug 2005 at 8:09 PM Last edited by tipoual : 11th Aug 2005 at 9:28 PM.
hahaha that was my last rolo, Imournforsirius!

Well, did someone remember a thread called Hogwarts and Privet drive? What happend?

Good that we have this harry potter project!
Test Subject
#19 Old 11th Aug 2005 at 9:00 PM
Sounds like a exelent idea! :D
Test Subject
#20 Old 11th Aug 2005 at 9:02 PM
Great idea!!! :D
Test Subject
#21 Old 11th Aug 2005 at 9:03 PM
ops, sorry. I thought the first one didn´t work...sorry.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 11th Aug 2005 at 11:18 PM
haha, wonwon. Love the name
Test Subject
#23 Old 11th Aug 2005 at 11:20 PM
By far the best thing I have heard on here!I am also "addicted" to the sims and harry potter. I have several links that we could use with the owner's (Carrigon) permission. There are crystal balls, and wands. Please notify me!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 11th Aug 2005 at 11:25 PM
Awesome LadySim99, I'll PM you sometime soon and grab those off you. Cheers, it will definately help me gert motivated (so much to do!) if I have people already with links You rule!
I'm so glad I'm not alone in this crazy HP sims world I have going here.
#25 Old 11th Aug 2005 at 11:40 PM
I think there is quite a fair few of us hp junkies out there... my sister and myself included.
Locked thread | Locked by: IgnorantBliss Reason: Ancient thread
Page 1 of 4