Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 10:36 PM
Default Is there a photography mod?
Just wondering if there is a photography mod that will make photos sell for more? I think it's silly that my sim has mastered photography and still only getting $20 for a photo.
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#2 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 11:12 PM
What camera are they using? Are you using the expensive SLR knockoff that can take panorama photos? And what are they photographing? Even a level 10 photographer, if they take the same photo a second time, will value in fairly low (for example, I know that the first baby photo, in color, in the medium size format, gets ~$43 for the first shot, and lower each additional photo after, for a level 10 photog). But say a panorama vignette of the first photo of the Park might be worth several hundred. Also, if you "complete" a photo portfolio of say places in town, that portfolio is worth way more than the individual photos in them when you go to sell. So without more info, it's hard to guide you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
What camera are they using? Are you using the expensive SLR knockoff that can take panorama photos? And what are they photographing? Even a level 10 photographer, if they take the same photo a second time, will value in fairly low (for example, I know that the first baby photo, in color, in the medium size format, gets ~$43 for the first shot, and lower each additional photo after, for a level 10 photog). But say a panorama vignette of the first photo of the Park might be worth several hundred. Also, if you "complete" a photo portfolio of say places in town, that portfolio is worth way more than the individual photos in them when you go to sell. So without more info, it's hard to guide you.

Yeah, I have the best camera from Egypt. I've been taking Panorama photos in vignette. Photography is my sims profession, so I just wanted more from the photos. After I've taken all the photos of everything, I don't get much. I want to buy a nice house. xD
Alchemist
#5 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 2:55 AM
In my game, photography has always been the most profitable source of income. Have you tried taking more profitable subjects? Architectural subjects like city hall, grocery, and theater are worth a lot. When I visited Egypt or China, I take the photograph of Dragon Cave, Sphinx, and Pyramid, and they are usually worth 10,000 Simoleons with the most expensive camera, vignette style, panorama size, with level 10 skill. In a 12-day visit, I could make at least 120,000! That doesn't even count the photographs of tomb items, which are also usually expensive.

Just call me Nikel
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 4:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
In my game, photography has always been the most profitable source of income. Have you tried taking more profitable subjects? Architectural subjects like city hall, grocery, and theater are worth a lot. When I visited Egypt or China, I take the photograph of Dragon Cave, Sphinx, and Pyramid, and they are usually worth 10,000 Simoleons with the most expensive camera, vignette style, panorama size, with level 10 skill. In a 12-day visit, I could make at least 120,000! That doesn't even count the photographs of tomb items, which are also usually expensive.

See this is what I remember it like too when I played sims 3 a few years ago, I've just starting playing again after being disappointed with sims 4. I'm doing everything you are saying but the most ive gotten from a photo is $2000 and that was from Dragon Cave, with the most expensive camera, vignette style, panorama size and level 10 skill. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
#7 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 6:47 AM
I think I could make an XML tuning mod to change the value of the pictures your sim takes. It can be adjusted per one of the three styles of camera. And the particular subjects can be changed, too.

I made a mod that doubles the Simolians for all the pictures. I have no idea how to share it, tho', and I've not tested it yet.