Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th May 2014 at 2:09 AM
Default A Cone shoe?
Hi there, I was wondering If it's possible to create a shoe that goes into a tip, like an upside down cone, I had a someone attempt to make the stub/cone foot as a slider, but they would hover off the ground. I guess I can explain it like the Fire Emblem characters in game's feet.

I go by the name Amaai
I also have a DA & a Tumblr too.

Amaai
Marinkastel
Female | Pan | ISTP
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th May 2014 at 11:04 AM
Yes, you can do that. The sim's feet are part of the shoe mesh, so if you make a shoe mesh which has no feet and is just a cone the way you describe, you'll get a cone shoe without feet sticking out of it. I would suggest doing a shoe mesh over a slider, because making sliders you're restricted to using bones to manipulate the vertices, and that doesn't give you a lot of fine control - which is probably why the feet were hovering.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th May 2014 at 10:51 AM
Alright, How would I go about doing that? Theres no shoe making tutorial at all on the site. I'm a little weary on how to start on it.

I go by the name Amaai
I also have a DA & a Tumblr too.

Amaai
Marinkastel
Female | Pan | ISTP
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 19th May 2014 at 1:28 PM
It's the same as making clothes or accessories, except that the meshing and texturing are much, much easier for shoes than for clothes (because a shoe is so much smaller and doesn't need to bend or morph). I would suggest -Mallow-'s accessory tutorial to get you started.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.