Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#7476 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
The way I understand it, it's not IMPOSSIBLE to get Sims 3 to play under 1.67 if you have/want EP/SP installed?

Patch 1.67 is still a current patch level. It's the highest available one for those on the Mac version of the game, Steam installs, and those on disc installs who do not require or want an Origin controlled game (a base game disc manufactured before Sept 2012 is needed). So the short(er) answer is, no it not impossible and in fact for many it's the best way.

But you cannot install the game or any EP/SP through Origin for Windows and be on any other patch than 1.69.
Advertisement
Instructor
#7477 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 1:38 PM
Which slider in the audio options is for UI sound effects, such as the sound that plays when an interaction on the radial menu is clicked? I'd like to turn down the UI sounds without affecting other sounds from the game (such as the buzzing from the fridge when it's opened).

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Like doing laundry? Check out the Infinite Laundry Buffs Fix.
Top Secret Researcher
#7478 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 6:59 PM
I'd like to tone down the rain noise; sometimes I can't hear anything else.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7479 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
I'd like to tone down the rain noise; sometimes I can't hear anything else.
I can fully agree with that, especially the wind during a storm or when it's snowing.
Scholar
#7480 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 10:01 PM
I think it has something to do with where the camera is positioned. If "you" are under the roof it is quieter, but it's really hard to position it correctly.
Scholar
#7481 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 12:30 PM
In Nraas Story Progression, I have Advanced Genetic Blending turned on, and for the facial blending, I set it to the maximum of -1:1... but any child looks still like either a copy of one of the parents, but maybe with the other parent's eye/haircolor. Do I misunderstand how the setting goes? Do I need to lower it to get a better 'mix' of kids out of Sims?
Top Secret Researcher
#7482 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 4:20 PM
I pirated a copy of the Adam's family from Union Cove Seasons.
Is there anyway to stop Little Wednesday Adams from going from Goth Child to Cowgirl on age up to teen? Maybe something in NRAAS Story progression where I could link it to a trait or something?

Sims are better than us.
Test Subject
#7483 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 5:10 PM
Hi guys I'm new and actually my problem is that I don'tknow how to update my game actually my version is 1.54.95 and I don't know how to patch and I don't know should I download the patch 1.54.95 to 1.55.4 or I should download patch 1.55.4 to 1.57 or there are other ways that I don't know?PLEASE someone help me😞
Top Secret Researcher
#7484 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shaghayeghyz
Hi guys I'm new and actually my problem is that I don'tknow how to update my game actually my version is 1.54.95 and I don't know how to patch and I don't know should I download the patch 1.54.95 to 1.55.4 or I should download patch 1.55.4 to 1.57 or there are other ways that I don't know?PLEASE someone help me😞

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-...-super-patcher/
It updates to the 1.67.62 version, so it's good. I think. I've not used it since 1.69 came out.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#7485 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 5:25 PM
In Nraas Story Progression, I have Advanced Genetic Blending turned on, and for the facial blending, I set it to the maximum of -1:1... but any child looks still like either a copy of one of the parents, but maybe with the other parent's eye/haircolor. Do I misunderstand how the setting goes? Do I need to lower it to get a better 'mix' of kids out of Sims?

Even with Advanced Genetics, I often enough have to bring existing offspring into MC's Play With Genetics and re-roll things a few times to get a blend that I am happy with. PWG will use Advanced Genetics if it's activated.
Test Subject
#7486 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 5:59 PM
Default Thank you
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-...-super-patcher/
It updates to the 1.67.62 version, so it's good. I think. I've not used it since 1.69 came out.

Thank you so much so you mean that I need to search: download 1.67 patch?
Mad Poster
#7487 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shaghayeghyz
Thank you so much so you mean that I need to search: download 1.67 patch?

The Super Patcher comes directly from EA. There is no need to search it out, Emmet Brown gave you the link to where it can be safely downloaded from.
Scholar
#7488 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Even with Advanced Genetics, I often enough have to bring existing offspring into MC's Play With Genetics and re-roll things a few times to get a blend that I am happy with. PWG will use Advanced Genetics if it's activated.

Okay, because it felt like there really wasn't all that much difference to the default Sims 3 genetics.
...if I were to re-grab Awesome Mod for the better skin/facial blending, but keep its story progression off, would the Nraas SP mess with that?
Test Subject
#7489 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
The Super Patcher comes directly from EA. There is no need to search it out, Emmet Brown gave you the link to where it can be safely downloaded from.

Thank you all
Test Subject
#7490 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EvaS
What do you prefer sims 3 or sims 4?

Absolutely sims 3 cause all it's mods and packs make it much cooler and sims 4 wasn't that much appealing to me and I delet it after only one week of playing it
Site Helper
#7491 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 4:12 AM
Okay, because it felt like there really wasn't all that much difference to the default Sims 3 genetics.
...if I were to re-grab Awesome Mod for the better skin/facial blending, but keep its story progression off, would the Nraas SP mess with that?

It shouldn't. AM is supposedly designed to check to see if you have NRAAS Story Progression, and then to assume that if you've downloaded and installed it, you were planning to use it. But the NRAAS Story Progression is not a core mod, so it, Master Controller, and all the other mods over there all play nicely with Awesome Mod. (Even Error Trap, which actually is a core mod but which modifies the bit that AM doesn't touch.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Inventor
#7492 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 2:56 PM
If I live in Monte Vista, can I use traveler to travel to vanilla Monte Vista(or MV from another save if I put the .nhd into the right folder)?
Mad Poster
#7493 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chokolady
If I live in Monte Vista, can I use traveler to travel to vanilla Monte Vista(or MV from another save if I put the .nhd into the right folder)?

No, afraid not. What you could do is install a player custom made world that has a MV feel to it (not one meant to be a replacement of the underlying .world file like EllaCharmed's are) and use that. But you can't have two ongoing usable nhd files in the same game folder with the same underlying world ID as two instances of MV would have.
Inventor
#7494 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 11:34 AM
Thanks Igazor!

Another question, unrelated though.
Can I throw gift giving parties on community lots?
Mad Poster
#7495 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 5:52 PM Last edited by igazor : 1st Apr 2018 at 9:21 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by chokolady
Thanks Igazor!

Another question, unrelated though.
Can I throw gift giving parties on community lots?

I've never had any trouble doing that, as long as there is enough space wherever this is happening for the gift pile to land. Had one massive family reunion a while back on Snowflake Day and held it in the party room upstairs from a custom wedding chapel I have in town, it was all fine.
#7496 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 10:32 PM
Is it possible to mod minor pets to look different? I want my African Grey parrot to look like a Timneh (darker color, horn colored beak) rather than a Congo to look like my real parrot. If it is possible, can someone point me in the direction of such a thing? I've asked in WCIF before but never got a reply.
Scholar
#7497 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 9:51 AM
Okay, so dumb question incoming, but that's what this thread is for so whatever.

Is there any way (other than the initial create-a-household process) to edit multiple sims in the CAS and/or Stylist interface at once? I have a tendency to play with very large households, and if I want to update the outfits for most of a household, that means I have to sit through so many loading screens, just to make a few quick tweaks. It's a pain, and I don't see why it should be impossible to edit multiple sims at once, seeing as I do it every time I create a household? The best I've managed to do is make it so that when I finish editing one sim it automatically jumps to the loading screen for the next one, but the downside of that is that if I change my mind and want to just get back to playing, I can't cancel the sequence and still have to load the CAS room for all the sims I initially selected, even if I exit out of the room without making changes each time.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Mad Poster
#7498 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 6:44 PM Last edited by igazor : 6th Apr 2018 at 7:43 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Gingerxyz
Okay, so dumb question incoming, but that's what this thread is for so whatever.

Is there any way (other than the initial create-a-household process) to edit multiple sims in the CAS and/or Stylist interface at once? I have a tendency to play with very large households, and if I want to update the outfits for most of a household, that means I have to sit through so many loading screens, just to make a few quick tweaks. It's a pain, and I don't see why it should be impossible to edit multiple sims at once, seeing as I do it every time I create a household? The best I've managed to do is make it so that when I finish editing one sim it automatically jumps to the loading screen for the next one, but the downside of that is that if I change my mind and want to just get back to playing, I can't cancel the sequence and still have to load the CAS room for all the sims I initially selected, even if I exit out of the room without making changes each time.

No, the problem is that CAH (Create a Household) is only available for newly being created households, not existing ones. There is no way (I know of) to change that. The technical reason is probably that CAH allows us to establish relationships between sims as part of the creation process, but such cannot be done that way with already existing sims/households.

The closest we can get is to use NRaas MasterController to bring multiple sims into the Stylist or MC's Edit in CAS interfaces so that they appear before us one at a time in succession without CAS itself having to reload each time. But it sounds like you have already accomplished that or something just as good and no, you cannot revert to a previously edited sim until finished that way.
Scholar
#7499 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 7:25 PM
I was afraid the answer was going to be something like that all right. :/ Thanks for confirming it anyway so I can stop obsessing over it.

Ughhhhhhhhh EA why do you have to make things so hard??? (another thing i desperately wish for on a regular basis is the ability to make collections of clothes so that I can skip straight to the stuff that's relevant to a particular theme or style instead of having to scroll through everything every single time. am I imagining it or was that a thing in TS2? I have this vague sense that I was able to group clothes into collections in TS2, like I'm 80% sure I remember doing it? Idk...)

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Scholar
#7500 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 9:14 PM
I have Awesomemod installed for better blending of genetics for Sims' children. If I use MC to pick 'Override Custom Core Sliders' (which mostly alters it so that the facial tabs immediately go into Advanced mode and slightly change the order each slider is listed in), will this mean that any in-CAS created kids between two sims do not use the Awesomemod genetic blending, but the MC (and/or Nrass SP Advanced Genetic Blending) one?
Page 300 of 385