Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 12:24 AM
Default Weird pattern on hair
I'm trying to convert the TS2 Zelda hair (I got permission!) And after fixing numerous bugs, I'm down to these strange lines which only show in CAS. (see attached)

I thought it might be the bumpmap, but it's a neutral one, I've tried 2 neutral ones, and a normal halo, and a blank halo. I have no idea what's going on. ;/ It's definitely not on any of my other textures, and I've tried starting with a new cloned hair, but that didn't help. D;

So does that mean it's the mesh,or the textures? I'm using TSRW for this one, makes it easier. ;p

But I can't think of any texture save the bumpmap and the halo that would only show that in CAS... D;
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 2:16 AM
Could the texture map be using part of the pony tail texture to get that pattern?

I do not know what program you are using, but this may be something to do with the placing of the texturemap for that area of hair.

Does the image look like that in milkshape?

You expect people to pay for those hairs?!
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 8:38 PM
What do you mean, part of the pony tail texture? xD

It COULD be the UV map, but I've redone the UV map several times, and the whole hair once, and it's still there.

And no, it does not look like that in Milkshape, CTU, or TSRW. ;/

Thanks for your help!
Theorist
#4 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 8:59 PM
Does it look like that both in CAS and in game or just one?

Hi I'm Paul!
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 10:00 PM
Just in CAS, like I said in the first post
Theorist
#6 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 5:28 AM
Oooh sorry didn't read carefully enough! Then it's probably your speculator, if you post it I'll be able to know for sure, hopefully that's it because I'm running out of ideas :/

Hi I'm Paul!
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 4:19 PM
I've actually redone most of the textures, including the specular, to no avail. I'm starting to think it's not the textures at all, but some sort of UV mapping problem? I have no idea...
Theorist
#8 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 5:53 PM
If it was a UV issue it probably wouldn't just be seen in CAS

Hi I'm Paul!
Mother Function
retired moderator
#9 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 5:02 PM
It appears to be that part of your ponytail texture has been applied to the back of the head. Are you sure you mapped the hair correctly?

You probably don't see it in game because textures get mushed together sometimes by the rendering process.

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"