Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 3:57 AM
Default Changing adult bottom to teen
I had a topic in another thread and am stumped as far as which tools to use.

Quote: Originally posted by tjstreak
Just chainging the age group will not do it. The easy way is to extract the texture (i.e. the multiplier, specular, mask, overlay and stencil files) from the adult outfit. Then find a similar mesh for the teens, clone it and copy the adult texture files to the teen file. It really is not all that hard to do, once you get the hang of using the tools.

The hard way is to make a new mesh for the teens, then copy those texture files to your new mesh. This is a lot more complicated, and is not a good idea if you do not know how to do what I suggested with respect to textures. Depending on what you are trying to do, you probably are talking about making a frankenmesh. So you want to find a way to do it the easy way -- as described in the first paragraph.

Many of the items on my blog, particularly my mini-skirt variations, are franken meshes. Using a similar technique, you could change the skirts for teens or even males. (Texturing does not interest me that much, so I have not done much with the textures.)

You probably can receive more help on the creators forum under CAS parts.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 8:52 AM
You'll need either Delphy and jonha's CTU or TSRW to extract and then import the textures, and a graphics program with DDS plugins (such as Photoshop or the GIMP) if you need to edit the textures at all.

If you want to edit the mesh, you'll need a modelling program (such as Milkshape or Blender) and, if you edit the mesh significantly and are using CTU, you'll need CmarNYC's MorphMaker. I recommend staying away from meshes until you're comfortable with textures.

These tutorials should help you: Tutorials:TS3 CAS Tutorials
wiki - pick a section based on whether you're using CTU or TSRW.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 6:08 AM
Thanks whiterider and all who replied from the other thread.

For anyone interested:
I managed to do it with CTU and S3PE. First I found a similar teen outfit and copied it. Then I placed all the textures and copied the patterns. Finnally in S3PE I change the instance id so it would show as a new item. I did this for about 15 different packages.

I also created two autoit scripts to make the export and import process faster.

Code:
;;1.Start the script
;;2.click each texture and as its name appears in the top of the screen
;;3.The texture will be automaticly exported as x.dds where x is the number at the top (x/8)
;;NOTE:Make sure you delete 1.dds-8.dds from the folder before exporting a new item.
Opt("MouseCoordMode", 0)
Dim $Names[9]=[8,"Base Texture","Clothing Specular","Clothing Ambient","Overlay","Mask","Part Mask","Skin Ambient","Skin Specular"]
For $X = 1 To 8
	ToolTip("Export in progress:" & $X & "/8"&@CRLF&$Names[$X], 0, 0)
	WinWaitActive("DDSPreview")
	MouseClick("Primary", 765, 664,1,0)
	WinWaitActive("Save As")
	Send($X)
	Sleep(100)
	Send("{Enter}")
	WinWaitActive("DDSPreview")
	WinClose("DDSPreview")
Next

Code:
;;1.Make sure CTU is set to the same folder used to export
;;2.Start the script
;;3.Right click each texture and click replace as its name appears in the top of the screen
;;4.The correct texture will be automagicly imported assuming you used the export script
Opt("MouseCoordMode", 0)

Dim $Names[9] = [8, "Base Texture", "Clothing Specular", "Clothing Ambient", "Overlay", "Mask", "Part Mask", "Skin Ambient", "Skin Specular"]

For $X = 1 To 8
	ToolTip("Import in progress:" & $X & "/8" & @CRLF & $Names[$X], 0, 0)
	WinWaitActive("Open")
	Sleep(300)
	Send($X)
	Sleep(100)
	Send("{Enter}")
	WinWaitClose("Open")
Next
Field Researcher
#4 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 8:19 AM
Good to see people trying to make the process easier.

All good to see you have figured it out.

Shouldn't be too much of a hassle as you are not needing to do much remapping of the UV or any texture editing to convert.

But you wil need to use a teen bottom for the skeleton and a top to align the adult waist to the teen one.
Also to align the normals, and set skin weights if need be to stop any oddness in game.

You expect people to pay for those hairs?!
Banned
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lisa81P
I managed to do it with CTU and S3PE. First I found a similar teen outfit and copied it. Then I placed all the textures and copied the patterns. Finnally in S3PE I change the instance id so it would show as a new item. I did this for about 15 different packages.

Now, in the spirit of paying it forward, you should upload those 15 different packages so that others do not have to reinvent the wheel!
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 3:10 PM
Not sure wat it is your trying to adchieve but a adult mesh can not be converted to teen size or vice versa without editing the mesh/shape and make new slider/Bgeo files for it.
If you simple want to convert textures from teen to adult(or vice versa) then open 2 versions of CTU One clone with the orignal outfit/textures
One were you want those textures to fit on.
Simply copy the texture links from one tab to the other(right click the texture link and copy/then past in the other)
Do the same with the colors and patterns.

Change its mesh name in the mesh tab and reimport the necesarry meshes.
Reimport the original bumpmap(normalmap)
save it as a new outfit.

Looking at your script,
I am not much of a script editor but how are you going to change the normalmaps?