Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Deceased
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2019 at 7:35 PM
Default STBL Change April 16, 2019
The new patch has broken the string tables for many mods. It was quickly found by roBurky that the issue occurs with any mods which use group 0x80000000 for their string tables. Setting the group number for those strings to 0x00000000 resolves the issue.
Advertisement
Deceased
Original Poster
#2 Old 16th Apr 2019 at 8:29 PM
Update on this - EA is aware of the issue and SimGuruTwoLegs has announced they are looking into it. Don't know if we can expect a hot-fix or if they'll just leave it as is since we know the work-around.

There are a lot of still useful mods and CC by authors that are no longer active, so we're hoping that maybe Sims 4 Studio will put out a batch fix.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 12:27 AM
should I leave slice of life and explore in the mods and ui cheats or remove till they updated?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 2:59 AM
I'm not a modder. How would I fix this issue with what CC I have? I don't have very much, but, I would update what I have myself if I know how to. I don't know what program to use. Would be great if somebody put up a temp fix or point me in the right direction.
Deceased
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by andistyr
I'm not a modder. How would I fix this issue with what CC I have?

Sims 4 Studio team has announced they do not intend to create a batch fix or change how Studio works without further direction from EA on the issue. There is a work-around for modders that they may choose to follow, or they must wait for the next patch from EA (no ETA on that).

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...h-april-16-2019

Unless the Sims 4 Studio team releases a batch fix of some sort there will be no easy way for non-modders to address the issue. There is far too much content with the numbers involved for anyone to easily fix all their mods without either a batch fix, or a permanent fix from EA. I suggest watching for updates from modders who may choose to do the temporary work-around on their content.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 5:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Sims 4 Studio team has announced they do not intend to create a batch fix or change how Studio works without further direction from EA on the issue. There is a work-around for modders that they may choose to follow, or they must wait for the next patch from EA (no ETA on that).

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...h-april-16-2019

Unless the Sims 4 Studio team releases a batch fix of some sort there will be no easy way for non-modders to address the issue. There is far too much content with the numbers involved for anyone to easily fix all their mods without either a batch fix, or a permanent fix from EA. I suggest watching for updates from modders who may choose to do the temporary work-around on their content.

Thanks so much for the info.