Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 3:25 AM Last edited by Chrizta0000 : 11th Nov 2008 at 12:50 AM.
Oh...*facepalm* Something told me it had to do with that. I must've read that thread a thousand times, I even saw Kodiak's post but I thought both only referred to object animations.
Sorry, thanks for your help though.

Edit: Okay, I tried my very best to figure things out on my own but ultimately failed (miserably I may add). The legs are still rotating like they got a mind of their own. Then, when I am able to keep them from rotating(manually editing the rotations in Simpe), the legs still won't do my animation(Once again they do their own thing).
What should I specifically be looking at to fix this? Its the legs that are doing this, so I figured I must be looking at the r_thigh/l_thigh joints. After that though, I am pretty much lost.
Should I look at the walking animations from the Sims 2 to help guide myself?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 11:05 PM
Chrizta, why don't you attach the file here so we can take a look? I believe manually editing the rotations in SimPE should work.

YouTube? Check out my channel: AlphaWolfKodi
Interested in Balto? Balto Home

"A bone to a dog is not charity. Charity is the bone shared with the dog, when you are just as hungry as the dog." -Jack London
Test Subject
#103 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 11:35 AM
I missed some information here but as Echo posted.

In Milkshape, I'm betting it's the pelvis and/or hip joints being rotated to far back in some frame. It's easy to mistakenly move a hip or pelvis back when trying to do a walk anim for Sims. The key is to never move them backwards.

If you didn't do it then the program did when it filled in one or more frames.

Sometimes I've even seen it happen hidden in between frames such as 10.5 so it can be hard to locate.

If you manually run the frames and don't see it happening then run it by the half frame by entering the numbers manually. It will then show the half frames.

A suggestion would be to always keep the very first frame as it is and make it the first key frame. Use the second frame as your temporary storage for what will be the actual first key frame. That way until you finish the anim you will have all the joints in the default places. You can then use it in many ways but the main way is, to reset individual joints by using the Milkshape copy and paste selected joints options. It will only show the crucifix frame for an instant while you test it in game. Once you are satisfied with the anim, simply copy paste key frame 2 over to 1, re export and you're done.

I know how frustrating this can be. If you still can't locate it, I would be happy assist in the search, as well.
Test Subject
#104 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 4:24 PM
Help
I Unzipped it but i can't find it in milkshape :S What's wrong

Its Not A Hobbie. Its An Addiction.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#105 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 2:19 PM
Have you followed all the instructions? You have to put the .dll files into the Milkshape directory, then restart Milkshape.
Test Subject
#106 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 3:11 AM
help!! D:
Quote: Originally posted by WesHowe
I appreciate the nice words.
I need no more flattery, as my head is already too big for my own good.

I would rather help some of you get some new stuff in the game using new and modified animations. Besides animating Sims, the plugins will animate objects. From simple things like a yard windmill with a turning blade, a clock with a moving second hand, cabinets that open and close, drawers that open and close, all sorts of simple animations can be made that we have never had because the animations are missing from the game package.

<* Wes *>

sorry for bothering you but i follow step by step the instructions and they dont work, milkshape always says that theres nothing to export and that its empty or something like that, i would love if u could help me please!!
Test Subject
#107 Old 30th Apr 2010 at 6:45 PM
Default Thanks
Oh thank you very much for this, Wes. I never thort this time would come when I would be exprenced enough to use this
Greatest thanks for sharing
Excuse my bad english if i spelt anything rong

-thesimhouse

Forum Resident
#108 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 12:51 AM
Default Thank you very much Weshow
I thank you very much for this &many other great programs you've created. I just don't know where to start at this point . I'm interested in learning animation but I'm confused as to which tutorial i should start with as of now. ,dince some of the old stuff refers to outdated tools so...can you or someone else cast a little light into this matter please . Thanks for any help.
Test Subject
#109 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 7:40 PM
Default well done
well done looking forword but somthing has happed iv put it in the folder and it is not showing up in my exporter can you tell me what to do? thank-you
Test Subject
#110 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 3:24 AM
its not letting me extract the file to my milkshape3D folder.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#111 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 10:46 AM
thehontry, can you be a bit more specific about what's going wrong? Are you getting an error message? What unzipping program are you using?
Test Subject
#112 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 8:23 PM
im using winrar!

let me show you a picture:

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/1364/74153430.jpg
Test Subject
#113 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 8:24 PM
it wont let me extract it to my milkshape folder?

then i tried extracting the whole file to my desktop and just placing them all in there...

and it still does not work??
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#114 Old 17th Dec 2010 at 5:55 AM
Do you have local admin privileges? It sounds like you're not allowed to write into that directory.
Test Subject
#115 Old 17th Dec 2010 at 10:54 PM
i probably dont?
lol

i guess i will try to go find out how to change that
xD

thanks x
Test Subject
#116 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 5:01 PM
Would this be only for Milkshape, or will it work for Blender, too?
Test Subject
#117 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 10:20 PM
Default Awesome Tool..?
Excellent excellent. Unfortuately, when I save the zip folder in my Programs/Milkshape folder, nothing happens. I go into the Milkshape folder to unzip it, and there's nothing there! When I found it by 'pretending' to save it, (and saw the file there) I tried to extract it but it said there were no files inside. :[ I have Windows Vista.. am I doing anything wrong?

HELP!

FAIL EDIT-

Read the post above. Have the same problem. D: I am the Admin. but sometimes it likes to be stupid... Sorry! ;D I'll try Admin. Priveledges.
Test Subject
#118 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 11:57 PM
i wish there was picture or a video to show me how to take or something this thing to milkshape :-(
i know everything about making anim/poses now but i do only need this thing and i dont know how to get this here to milkshape :-(
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#119 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 9:30 AM
Could you explain your question again? I'm not sure I understand what you're after.
Test Subject
#120 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 9:55 PM
@echo
i mean that it would be great if someone could make a tutorial or something about how to put something like animesh exporter to milkshape :-P
because i dont know how to get animesh exporter to milkshape :-(
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#121 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 11:17 PM
You mean how to install the plugins? Just extract the zip file contents into your Milkshape folder, and restart Milkshape.
Test Subject
#122 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 2:29 PM Last edited by dottie65 : 10th Apr 2011 at 11:47 PM.
AniMesh not working...
I am coming across some problems. I have downloaded everything needed to create my custom poses:
milkshake, SimPE, and its needed meshes.

Everything seems to go well, until I get ready to export my poses. The program, Sims2 AniMesh ANIM Export show up at all.

Is there any alternative for this? Will the Sims 2 Unimesh Exporter V4.09 work for the game as well?

I also have Windows 7 if that makes any difference.
Test Subject
#123 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 2:36 AM
Default Animesh Exporter Dialog Box Won't Pop Up
Well I know to put the zip files in the Milkshape folder and THEN unzip them, but it says "Access denied" I checked my privileges and it says I can "Write" stuff, but it won't let me. I run Milkshape as an adminstrator so is there anything else I can do? I can export it but that box won't show up so I can only save. Any ideas?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#124 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 3:12 AM
Unless you log in with administrator privileges Windows is not going to let you add any new files to the program install folder.

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Test Subject
#125 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 4:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WesHowe
Unless you log in with administrator privileges Windows is not going to let you add any new files to the program install folder.

But I do log in as an adminstrator. It's the only account I have on my computer, Windows 7. I logged off and back on to see if that did anything but it didn't.

Here's the image I get when I try to extract:
Screenshots
Page 5 of 6