Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Plus, all the annoyances of the Open Neighborhood are still there in Sims 4: random romantic relationships, autonomous weight gaining the fact that if you change family you first have to search your Sims all over town and stop them from doing random activities... the fact that time passes in other households as well (which will make seasons and rotational play incompatible, just like in Sims 3) and I don't know IF that still happens (please correct me if it doesn't, I'm sincere) that babies are born if you leave a pregnant Sim while playing another household and get random names slapped on them. In the way of Open Neighborhoods Sims 4 gave us the worst compromise possible between the "no control" version of Sims 3 and the "lots of loading screens" in Sims 2, and continues to encourage an one family play-style.

heheh sims 4 has done well in teaching me body positivity and body acceptance with all my portly sims running around. It has the effect of making me more comfortable in my own skin. I play all the sims games differently, and try to adapt my playstyle to the strengths of the games to enjoy them all. I will admit that I spend the most time playing sims 4, the hours are staggering
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#27 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by misstrgal
The new issue in sims 4 is that npc sims eat so well that they become obese

If I rightly recall, back in the early days of Sims4 we had a hilarious happening where our Sims in play would easily gain a lot of weight. That was soon mended. I do prefer seeing Sims of all shapes and sizes which is something I really like about 4.
Forum Resident
#28 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 1:41 AM
I'm one of those players who likes to live vicariously through my sims and try to have them lead successful lives, but I can understand why others like to do the opposite.

Personally I don't intentionally fuck things up until I get bored and want to see somebody die

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Mad Poster
#29 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 10:17 AM
I think I had a pregnant sim in 2 drop dead as she would not take care of her needs on her own. And I had a few kids almost expire as nanny's ignored them. Parents would come home and they were so far in the red it was crazy!

I had one pool death in 3, but I fenced him in. (!)
Theorist
#30 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 1:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by misstrgal
heheh sims 4 has done well in teaching me body positivity and body acceptance with all my portly sims running around. It has the effect of making me more comfortable in my own skin.

I was going to write a better reply but... What does that even have to do with anything?

Also, no matter if any one particular person likes or dislikes that change, the point is that it takes away choice and agency from the player in a game that is supposed to be a sandbox game without any possibility to prevent or opt against it.

All I'm really asking for is for the game not to touch my household Sims after I deactivate the "Aging" and "Story Progression" buttons.
Page 2 of 2