Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Sep 2016 at 1:23 PM Last edited by Deshong : 23rd Mar 2019 at 3:56 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default A special outfit on child causes a glitch and I don't know how to fix it.
Well, I know how to change the outfit but that's not really a permanent solution and more of a temporary fix.

My child sim will sometimes autonomously change into Special 1, he has 3 Special Outfits. I don't know what a Special Outfit is or how he acquired those categories. He looks like this when wearing the first outfit. Looks like it's a base game adult outfit but not sure if this is CC related or not.

As said earlier, he's back to normal when in any other outfit. I haven't tried Special 2 or 3 but from the icon I can see those are related to his age. I've tried to use NRass Remove Outfit unfortunately, the Special categories do not show up. It doesn't show up in CAS and I have no idea how to delete the outfits. Also, when I tried changing Special 1 so that it would be for child sims, nothing showed up in the panel. It was blank, there were no clothing options.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 10th Sep 2016 at 2:49 PM
It might be coming from a corrupted file, mod or cc item.

This might not work what so ever but run your game without the mods folder then if its still there trying moving the downloads folder to somewhere safe (Also do this for your mods folder) and if the problem isn't or is there trying using Sims 3 Dashboard tool and scan the 'The Sims 3' folder and use the filter to locate the corrupted packages.

**********************GIVE IT YOUR BEST**********************
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th Sep 2016 at 2:56 PM
It's a problem that comes with either a child using an outfit made for another age (but trying to use child animations), or an outfit that doesn't have proper bone assignments. My guess is the first one.

An immediate fix would be to remove the outfit from their options. Not sure what causes the glitch - could be something ingame, like a down-aged teen or adult that kept their old oufits, or a CC outfit that isn't made properly.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Sep 2016 at 10:02 PM Last edited by Deshong : 23rd Mar 2019 at 4:01 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Desi_Bear
It might be coming from a corrupted file, mod or cc item.

This might not work what so ever but run your game without the mods folder then if its still there trying moving the downloads folder to somewhere safe (Also do this for your mods folder) and if the problem isn't or is there trying using Sims 3 Dashboard tool and scan the 'The Sims 3' folder and use the filter to locate the corrupted packages.

Didn't work and the only "corrupted" CC was a sewing machine that is basically a computer. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=376401 Removing changed nothing. In fact, I have some earlier saved sim files but only checked one of them and that too was glitched.

Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
It's a problem that comes with either a child using an outfit made for another age (but trying to use child animations), or an outfit that doesn't have proper bone assignments. My guess is the first one.

An immediate fix would be to remove the outfit from their options. Not sure what causes the glitch - could be something ingame, like a down-aged teen or adult that kept their old oufits, or a CC outfit that isn't made properly.

You seem correct as what little testing I did does seem to be so. Like if I aged up the sim whether normally, no cheats or with cheats, there still was a glitched Special Outfit in the wrong age category. Once a teen and with a child outfit.

Unfortunately, as I am aware there is no way to remove a Special Outfit nor edit it. I feel you are correct again about the issue being directly related to changing the ages because I have with that sim and others but so far he is the only one I notice with that glitch.

I know what special outfits are now. It's an outfit that EA assigns for either active or non-active sims based on certain interactions/activities. Such as the costume chest for kids, Spooky Day costumes, pie face from the festival, etc. Because when I checked the other family members they had special outfits too but age appropriate. Also, some sims had on outfits under their special category that I created in everyday from when they were a different age. But to check to be sure what those outfits are, I bought a costume chest and had my sim change into several and then back to his everyday attire. Then I checked again and they all were added as special outfits.

=====================================

I figured out how to permanently fix it although basically a brand new sim with transferred genetics. Since there is no way to fix the glitch, that's the only solution I've come up with but at least he can't turn into a nightmare anymore, lol.

Forgot to mention, thank you both. And @Desi_Bear A corrupted file does seem likely. I don't remember which program it is but I think I can view the contents of a sim file and see anything corrupted to pinpoint the issue(s)?
Test Subject
#5 Old 12th Sep 2016 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deshong
Didn't work and the only "corrupted" CC was a sewing machine that is basically a computer. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=376401 Removing changed nothing. In fact, I have some earlier saved sim files but only checked one of them and that too was glitched.

You seem correct as what little testing I did does seem to be so. Like if I aged up the sim whether normally, no cheats or with cheats, there still was a glitched Special Outfit in the wrong age category. Once a teen and with a child outfit.

Unfortunately, as I am aware there is no way to remove a Special Outfit nor edit it. I feel you are correct again about the issue being directly related to changing the ages because I have with that sim and others but so far he is the only one I notice with that glitch.

I know what special outfits are now. It's an outfit that EA assigns for either active or non-active sims based on certain interactions/activities. Such as the costume chest for kids, Spooky Day costumes, pie face from the festival, etc. Because when I checked the other family members they had special outfits too but age appropriate. Also, some sims had on outfits under their special category that I created in everyday from when they were a different age. But to check to be sure what those outfits are, I bought a costume chest and had my sim change into several and then back to his everyday attire. Then I checked again and they all were added as special outfits.

=====================================

I figured out how to permanently fix it although basically a brand new sim with transferred genetics. Since there is no way to fix the glitch, that's the only solution I've come up with but at least he can't turn into a nightmare anymore, lol.

Forgot to mention, thank you both. And @Desi_Bear A corrupted file does seem likely. I don't remember which program it is but I think I can view the contents of a sim file and see anything corrupted to pinpoint the issue(s)?

Well there are multiple softwares the ones i know of are S3PE and Sims 3 dashboard.

**********************GIVE IT YOUR BEST**********************
Instructor
#6 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 5:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Desi_Bear
Well there are multiple softwares the ones i know of are S3PE and Sims 3 dashboard.

I'll add in that from a recent experience with a Special Outfit added to my sims as NPCs I've learned that if you export a sim and then extract the contents as .package then you'll find its part of a SIMO file, if that helps any.