Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 9:29 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default sims crashes after minutes
Hi! Forgive me for my english... When I open the launcher of the sims3 i see this message in the picture... When I first saw that I ignore it... I start playing and then the game just crashed! Can somebody help me? 1st pic is about the error and 2nt pic says that the sims3 launcher stop working... 3 pic are 2 more errors...
Screenshots
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 1:41 AM
Is that Russian? (Not that I actually speak or read Russian, but the Cyrillic alphabet is beautiful.)

You appear to be on patch 1.67, so you can bypass the launcher by finding TS3W.exe in your Program Files, making a shortcut to it, and running the game from that shortcut. It doesn't solve the errors with the launcher, but it lets you play the game while we figure it out.

I can't read most of what the errors are saying, but they seem to involve the launcher trying to load things from other sites and having trouble. Maybe someone else can figure out exactly what is going on with that.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Is that Russian? (Not that I actually speak or read Russian, but the Cyrillic alphabet is beautiful.)

You appear to be on patch 1.67, so you can bypass the launcher by finding TS3W.exe in your Program Files, making a shortcut to it, and running the game from that shortcut. It doesn't solve the errors with the launcher, but it lets you play the game while we figure it out.

I can't read most of what the errors are saying, but they seem to involve the launcher trying to load things from other sites and having trouble. Maybe someone else can figure out exactly what is going on with that.

It's greek! 1st error says that the banner data is zero or not an object.. 2st says that the launcher stop working and 3 loading object(i think it mean file) and object(again i think it mean file) does not support this method or property... Ι unistall the game and I install ot again... Now I don't have a problem(yet)! thank you for your time !!!!! Ευχαριστώ πολύ!(thank you in greek)
Inventor
#4 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 1:08 PM
I had my Launcher crashing some years ago due to broken/corrupted CC. It was a piece of content that got installed through a Sim file (even though it was furniture, so you can see how problematic). Try renaming your My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 folder to something else and then open the Launcher. It'll generate a new, CLEAN folder so you'll be able to test whether your problem was corrupted CC. I think you said that after uninstalling/reinstalling the game, you don't this problem anymore. I'm glad to hear that but keep my advice in mind for the future.
Scholar
#5 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 5:47 PM
run the Launcher (and the game) always in offline mode. Or even just unplug the network while running Launcher for a moment if you do not want to play with firewall. The html/js engine inside is actual system IE engine which adds additional level of funny surprises because ofc. EA never bothered (and now they have really no reason) to react for its updates.

Not mentioning silly javascripts codes and not responding hosts.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"