Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 6:36 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Life States not working
Hello there! I am ever so sorry to waste anyone's time, but this is a tough question and i don't know where to look, if there is an answer in FAQ that I missed please point it out for me other wise...

I haven't played Sims 3 since the Island update, and after playing for a little bit, I realize none of my Vampire characters were vampires and other life states. everything else is working though, i do however have a lot of mods that i don't really keep track. I was wondering, what kind of mods usually affects the life states? I ask this because i want to narrow down my search of mods to get rid of this issue, or at least i can update whichever mod affects that kind of gameplay . I looked and i don't have NRAAs or Awesome Mod.

any helps would be appreciated! thank you! :D
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 8:33 AM
Offhand I would have to say that's too difficult a question to answer without snooping around in your Mods\Packages folder. And even then, it could be that you have an outdated mod rather than one that's always going to misbehave.

I suggest removing all of your mods, clear caches, and test to see if the occults are working as they should to help determine if this is really a mod issue. If things are working in such a test scenario, put half of your mods back in and proceed backwards and forwards by remaining halves (clearing caches each time) to help pinpoint the culprit(s). If things still don't work with no mods in play, then you more likely have patch or install breakage.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 5:31 AM
Thank you Inventor, now if it is patch or install breakage, what should i do?

and when you say mod, do you mean all the clothing/objects mods as well?

thank you again for all your help!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 5:48 AM Last edited by igazor : 17th Sep 2016 at 9:56 AM.
You are welcome, Test Subject. Uhm, these aren't our names by the way, these are our titles handed out by MTS based on (I think) number of posts. Hi, I'm igazor.

Can't imagine why or how CC (rather than actual mods) would break something like this, but stranger things have happened. May as well include all package based files in the test.

If it turns out that package based content isn't actually causing any of this, the next step depends on which patch level you are on:
If 1.67, download and run the SuperPatcher (unless you are on a Steam install, then don't do this). If it says you are patched up already, make it run anyway.
https://help.ea.com/en-nz/help/the-...3-super-patcher

If 1.69, you should probably instruct Origin to Repair Game. I don't know any other way to repatch a 1.69 install.

If on an earlier patch, I would suggest applying the SuperPatcher as above and update to 1.67 unless you have a really good reason not to.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 7:35 AM
Thanks man! I will slowly do some test over the weekend, Haha, sorry i didnt know where to look at names i am just that much of a test subject haha