Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 9:43 PM
Default Help! Neighborhood not aging after move!
I recently moved my legacy family to Roaring heights with travelers "switch hometown" interaction, and now neither my current hometown nor my old one is aging. The family I play is not aging either. What can I do!?

Mods I have installed:

Story Progression
Master controller + MC cheats
Error trap
Over watch
Traveler
Portrait panel
Wohooer
Returner
Modify message
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 2:46 AM
Hi there. A few probably obvious things first.
1 - Have you saved (as), quit entirely to the Desktop or Origin, and reloaded since issuing the Switch Hometown command?
2 - How have you determined that these sims are not aging -- have complete sim days gone by? You can't always go by the aging information in the built-in sims' tabs at the bottom of the screen, those often take several sim hours or even a sim day to update their status correctly. MC > Sim > Status > Personal would be up to the minute accurate.
3 - Do you have aging on in the built-in game options and do you have aging on in SP?
On City Hall or an in-game computer, NRaas > SP > Town Options > Death:Allow Aging > True
On a local sim who doesn't appear to be aging, NRaas > SP > Sim Options > Death:Allow Aging > True

And a couple of not so obvious ones after verifying all of the above.
1 - Add DebugEnabler and run its Fix Homeworld command on City Hall to see if that fixes things.
2 - Try the old fashioned (non-mod) fix. Retreat to Edit Town, evict your entire household to the side of the map, copy their uninhabited house down to the bin, bulldoze the original, replace it with a copy, and move them all back in without having left the screen.

Whether sims in your old hometown left behind are aging or not is a function of Traveler. On City Hall, NRaas > Traveler > Ageless Foreign Sims > (world). But note that this setting is broken on the current release of Traveler if any of the connected worlds are custom worlds or one of the four earliest released EA Store worlds. It's fixed in the version currently in beta testing but safe to use (v87).
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler+Testing
Scholar
#3 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 4:03 AM Last edited by lucy kemnitzer : 18th Sep 2016 at 4:05 AM. Reason: remove unnecessary verbiage after being ninja'd
Whoops, ninja'd. Should have known it would happen. Never mind, nothing to see.