Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 11:22 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions
Default Its just a question about 1.6 GHz processor. Its not a problem issue.
I don´t now where can I post this question. I just want to now what happens if my computer is 1.6 GHz processor (laptop). Could someone please tell me. It´s not a problem I just want to now if a can play with a processor like that.

Thanks

I can´t do it anymore. Why?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 11:33 PM
Did you read the System Requirements first?
http://www.thesims3.com/game/systemreq

If you had read those first, you'd know that according to the System Requirements, your processor isn't fast enough to run the game.

If you try to play the game anyway, it'll likely run so slowly that it'll look like a slide show instead of a smoothly moving game.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 2:17 AM
canyourunit.com will tell you absolutely, without a doubt, nothing whatsoever that's useful. Also, TS2 doesn't make use of dual core technology.

A 1.6Ghz might be able to run TS2 basegame, and perhaps some early EPs, if it was accompanied by lots of RAM and a good graphics card: but it wouldn't stand a chance with TS3.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#4 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 2:34 AM
I've got a 1.6 GHz dual core in my laptop. I was concerned about the requirements as well since they say you need 1.8 dual for laptops. It actually runs perfectly fine for me, seems even smoother than the sims 2 ran!

Ive got: 1.6GHz Intel dual core, 2 GB ram, ATI X1350 video card - just for your comparison. However, I'm running XP. If you're running Vista, you probably will need higher specs than me.
shiny!
retired moderator
#5 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 5:55 AM
javabean your computer does not meet minimum requirements to run the game. While I'm glad things are working for you, for now anyway, it's not the best idea to start encouraging people with weak machines to game anyway. What happens with most computers that try to run things that they aren't design to handle is that things might function for a time, but after a while things start to wear out. The added stress will shorten the life of a computer, ESPECIALLY a laptop, but it's largely unpredictable of just exactly how much or how long such a process will take.

If people want to game on underpowered computers anyway, that's of course totally up to the individual, but it's best to be informed. Some people might not care and just want to get the most out of what they have until they have to buy new, but some might want to protect their investment and want it to last as long as possible.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 7:53 AM
Thanks guys!! I forget to say that I´m have XP not Vista.
I need a new laptop.

world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#7 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 10:35 AM
I'd also mention that we have run into several people who have -not- been able to play the game on an underpowered computer already. So if it works for you on an underpowered PC, great, but it's reaaaaallly not advisable to test it unless you've got $50 to throw away on a game that probably won't work.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 12:36 PM
Sorry if it seemed like I was encouraging. I was just giving my personal experience with the same cpu.

This thread was the first time i heard of canyourunit.com and apparently my computer passes the requirements. It acknowledged that I had only a 1.6 duo but it works at 3.2 or whatever. And the video card definitely helped because it met the video card requirements--which was my biggest concern before I got the game.

I knew i was probably taking a risk, but yes, unless you've got $50 to throw away I'd advise not to as well. Sorry
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 4:44 PM
Default I want to buy a new laptop but need some help
Hello guys!!

I need some help, please
I want to buy a new laptop, but dont now if the System Requirements for playing the Sims 3 that I saw are good.
Could someone help me please:

The laptop that I want to buy have:

- Intel Core 2 Due T9559, 2.66 GHz processor (FSB 1066MHZ)
- ATI Mobility Radeon HD4650 1GB GDDR3

Are this good or not?

Thanks in advance

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 4:48 PM
Don´t worry... tHANKS GUYS!!!

shiny!
retired moderator
#11 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 6:26 PM Last edited by callistra : 5th Jun 2009 at 6:41 PM.
Please do not make multiple threads on the same issue. Your other thread will work just fine. Combined threads.

That CPU doesn't exist.. 4650 is unsupported but unknown compatibility aside it's a strong card. If you look in my sticky " Help Upgrading or Building/Buying a New Computer" it gives many specific laptops in various price ranges. It's a pretty comprehensive list of what we recommend. There are other laptops with strong components but for one reason or another wouldn't be as good.. some aren't as good with handling the added heat, for example. Some companies are still trying to sell their outdated tech and others might have highly unreasonable $/performance ratios.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 8:27 AM
I try to install the sims 3 on my poor laptop with 1.6 GHz processor. I can play but the quality is not good - for nice is fine.I´m not sad, because I will buy a new laptop next week....so excited.
The only think that I like to do on my poor laptop is creating sims...because playing in houses is soooo bad....the graphics are so bad..... next week I will be a new woman.